Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-05-2017, 05:18 AM

Default Fly in fishing trip

I am looking for a fly in fishing trip for a corporate meeting. Can anyone suggest a place that has internet, phone service and a room that holds 14 people. We would entertain lodges in AB,SK,MB and NWT.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:49 AM

THAT could be any lodge now days ,whats your budget per day and what kind of fish ?
Old 04-05-2017, 09:05 AM

Just starting to look so I'm not sure what the budget should be, new to the fly in fishing world. We are interested in catching pike, walleye with lake trout and grayling being a bonus if possible.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:08 AM

TO get a camp with what you want could be anywhere from $500 to $1000 a day per person ,are you looking at guides also ?,I sent you a P.M.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 AM

A couple that I have been to would suite your needs but as with any fly-in trip, the cost is not cheap. My top choice would be Indian Head Resort on Lake Athabasca. you drive to Ft. Mac and they fly you to the lake from there. The gentlemen who run the lodge (Bobby & Steve) are excellent people and the food is top notch. The fishing can be excellent and also slow at times, Lake Athabasca is a pretty big aquarium. Monster Lake trout and huge pike are the most commonly fished for species. There is also Grayling and walleye although i've never seen a walleye there in either of my two trips to the lodge. The guides are also excellent there. this can make a huge difference in not only having someone who cares about putting you onto fish, but also when making shore lunches (daily) and just general friendliness. The guides are 10/10

My second recommendation would be Reindeer Lake at a place called Arctic Lodges. the guy who runs the lodge ( Kelly) is a really good dude and the food there is amazing as well. I found the Lake trout fishing to be good in terms of numbers but quality was lacking. I caught one laker over 20 lbs and I think I was the only one at the camp during that time to be lucky enough to break that mark. tons of lakers in the 2-3 pound range. the pike fishing was really good though and we broke the 20 lb mark several times. Its a really cool lake with a million islands and very beautiful scenery. It was a bummer that while we were there there was a fire ban and we could not have any shore lunches - they are the best. Our guide was an ornery old coot as well and kind of bummed out the experience for us a couple of times to be honest. But thats not to say the other guides weren't very good themselves. We flew from Calgary to Reindeer lake ( Northern Sask) which doesn't make much sense but that is where they charter from.

Either way you go both are excellent trips but I hope you have deep pockets as they are pretty steep. If you love fishing though like I do, It's an amazing experience.

Fishburn.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:40 AM
Banned

Reindeer lake lodge and it won't cost you $500-$1000 a day.
Bonus is you could drive there if you wanted.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaman View Post
Reindeer lake lodge and it won't cost you $500-$1000 a day.
Bonus is you could drive there if you wanted.
Reindeer Lake Lodge is actually 5 grand for 7 nights. That doesn't include tips, booze, taxes etc. Plus they fly out of Saskatoon. There are more affordable options. However Reindeer Lake is a pretty cool place.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:24 AM
AO Sponsor

If good fishing is important to you then look at Cree River lodge. Patrick has some of the best pike fishing you'll find
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 04-05-2017, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrance Fishburn View Post
Reindeer Lake Lodge is actually 5 grand for 7 nights. That doesn't include tips, booze, taxes etc. Plus they fly out of Saskatoon. There are more affordable options. However Reindeer Lake is a pretty cool place.
Only cost 2 of us @ 1200 each last June for 6 nights in a cabin there one day guided by lodge owner with boat. We did drive & haul our own boat as well. So I'm a little surprised at the cost above.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
If good fishing is important to you then look at Cree River lodge. Patrick has some of the best pike fishing you'll find
For the prices in Northern Saskatchewan I would take your place over this any day. I do find coastal fishing better priced, maybe because there are more people offering it
Old 04-05-2017, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idaman View Post
Only cost 2 of us @ 1200 each last June for 6 nights in a cabin there one day guided by lodge owner with boat. We did drive & haul our own boat as well. So I'm a little surprised at the cost above.
I'm sure a lot of the cost is for the plane ride and guide service. If you guys drove and brought your own boat maybe its a different story. Did they prepare you meals or did you guys cook your own? Reindeer is pretty far away for most people living in Alberta though and many wouldn't likely want to drive the whole way.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of the cost is for the plane ride and guide service. If you guys drove and brought your own boat maybe its a different story. Did they prepare you meals or did you guys cook your own? Reindeer is pretty far away for most people living in Alberta though and many wouldn't likely want to drive the whole way.
Good point on the plane and boat being a good portion of the cost. We did our own cooking, not sure if they cooked for anybody at the camp at the time or even if they offer a all of inclusive package like that. Just a great all around experience.
Well worth the drive and hard to make it all the way with all the beautiful water between Edmonton and there.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Most fly in lodges with internet and phone service will run you $500 TO $1000 a day ,I'm sure a corporate group will want cooking and guide service ?.if not the costs go down quite a bit.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:35 PM

look up Scott Lake Lodge. It is ranked one of the top ten lodges in Canada.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:19 PM

Scott Lake is very nice worked and managed there for five years built the main Lodge

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-06-2017, 05:14 AM

Thanks for all the replys and pm,s. I have a lot homework to do to get a trip organized for this year.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishhard View Post
look up Scott Lake Lodge. It is ranked one of the top ten lodges in Canada.
It's also 12 to $1,400 a day per person

Old 04-06-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
It's also 12 to $1,400 a day per person

US MONEY