Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2011, 09:56 AM

Do you want to make it sound like a mom and pop, sort of personalized (maybe funny), or do you want it to sound professional, like you have (or hope to have) 200 trucks? If the latter, don't use jokey or hokey names.

Stay away from crude or suggestive names. Why risk driving off even one customer? Baitfisher... bad girl! LOL

Perhaps name it after the city or geographical area you operate out of. That always makes it easy to remember, and makes you seem the biggest operator and most logical company to call. I think a customer might be more likely to call Alberta Hotshot than Fred's Hotshot if they are just going from the phone book.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Do you want to make it sound like a mom and pop, sort of personalized (maybe funny), or do you want it to sound professional, like you have (or hope to have) 200 trucks? If the latter, don't use jokey or hokey names.

Stay away from crude or suggestive names. Why risk driving off even one customer? Baitfisher... bad girl! LOL

Perhaps name it after the city or geographical area you operate out of. That always makes it easy to remember, and makes you seem the biggest operator and most logical company to call. I think a customer might be more likely to call Alberta Hotshot than Fred's Hotshot if they are just going from the phone book.
Now if I behaved would I really be me??lol
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM

"Have truck will travel"

Only older guys will get that..lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgvxu8QY01s
Old 03-31-2011, 11:39 AM

Rapid Trucking,
Flat land hauling
ready haul

Dont mind answering what type of hauling are you going to be doing, where are you going to be located?