Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Default nakanum

takeing the kids to nakanum in the morning not looking for anybody to give away there honey holes just wandering what side of the lake i should access the lake from.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:19 PM

Just north and slightly to the east from the Nakamun park boat launch just off the point where the bible camp is located is a fairly steep gradient. Most people tend to fish closer to shore, but I generally fish just at the bottom of the gradient at around 20-23 fow and find that the fish tend to be a bit bigger there A local told me he also had really good luck fishing off the island on the west side of the lake, no reports on size though. Move around till you find a sweet spot, then go nuts. I usually drill half a dozen holes until I come across a school, then the action usually stays pretty steady for most of the day.

http://sunsite.ualberta.ca/Projects/...ion=2&type=Fig

Good luck!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:43 PM

There's another thread here somewhere and I posted some gps co ords for nakamun. I think I had perch in title. Do a search for it. It was last week some time.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:48 PM

Thanks foR the help
Old 02-03-2012, 10:57 PM

For the most part just park beside (give enough room to be courteous) everyone else out on the lake and you will probably be into some perch.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:56 AM

Default fire pits?

Anyone know if there are fire pits or outhouses there? How about a bit of a slope for the kids to bring their crazy carpets?
kidd
Old 02-05-2012, 01:30 PM

As far as I know there isnt any firepits or any outhouses for that matter either. At least I havent seen any maybe someone else knows better than I do.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Thanks for the reply Bigfishen. Was out yesterday and you're right, no washrooms were found, but the kids managed,lol.
Fished off the point in 20ft of water. Non-stop action for perch but no keepers. Had a great time until the wind picked up, so we headed home to wathch football. I think everyone was catching but unless you're with kids I would head somewhere else.
kidd.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 PM

Default Nakamun

My daughter and I were out yesterday. Had a great afternoon with lots of Perch but nothing even close to keeping size.

Finally got her to take her own fish off the line. Now I just need to get her to put her own maggots on the hook and I'll get more time to fish.
It was great afternoon.

Phil