Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
RWM : Do you think that wanting to protect yourself from some of the amateurs in the next bay at the shooting range is sufficient reason to possess body armor? I sure do, and the yahoo in charge of distributing these permits had best think so as well. As a strictly defensive piece it's quite absurd to ban them, but the opposition will be small and will be easily muted, and the bureaucrats will think they accomplished something and congratulate themselves. This will stop crime like banning fire extinguishers will stop arson.
I don't know what range you belong to, but the ones I belong to monitor those who are doing silly things, and they are prevented from doing such again. Often it is other range members who do this monitoring and prevention, and is backed by the range officers.

I don't think there is any direction to ban the purchase of body armour, only to restrict who can purchase it and for specific reasons. I am sure you may be able to make a strong argument for wearing body armour if you claim you are scared of the idiots at the next shooting bay, but I would bet that there would be an investigation to the range, and it could face closure, then eliminating your need for body armour.