Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-01-2015, 09:42 PM

Default Glennifer lake open?

Is Glenniger lake open this time of year, I am heading to Dickson trou pond and wondering if you can shore fish around there on Glennifer lake
Old 05-01-2015, 09:57 PM

Check the regs! Yes it is open year round. Trout, mountain white fish, pike, walleye
Old 05-02-2015, 04:39 AM

It wont have any water in it right now lol the lake doesnt start filling up til late may/early june
Old 05-02-2015, 07:46 AM

It does have some water in it I seen people pulling out pike two weeks ago. Obviously it's very low and won't start filling up until mentioned above .
Old 05-25-2015, 09:47 AM

Quick question for folks who are regulars in the Dickson Dam/Glennifer Lake area, as I'm new to fishing this part of the province...

We were out by the dam yesterday walking around on the "sand bar" that would normally be under water, right by the forebay of the dam, and curious about shore fishing around there. Do people just toss cranks and spoons and stuff in there and find pike and what not? Or do you have to fish further away from the dam, down toward the west end of the lake?

Thanks in advance, gang!!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
Quick question for folks who are regulars in the Dickson Dam/Glennifer Lake area, as I'm new to fishing this part of the province...

We were out by the dam yesterday walking around on the "sand bar" that would normally be under water, right by the forebay of the dam, and curious about shore fishing around there. Do people just toss cranks and spoons and stuff in there and find pike and what not? Or do you have to fish further away from the dam, down toward the west end of the lake?

Thanks in advance, gang!!
Glennifer is a very hard lake to fish. Your best bet is to get into the area where the river runs into the lake.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery View Post
Glennifer is a very hard lake to fish. Your best bet is to get into the area where the river runs into the lake.
Interesting...that story seems to check out. There seemed to be a few people fishing below the dam along the river last night. To the north/east (upriver?) of the boat launch seemed nice and quiet, and looked flat and wide open for walking around fishing. I'm thinking of trying that out at some point. Still trying to get a handle on how exactly to fish these little rivers here in AB (...from Manitoba, used to massive rivers/lakes full of pike/walleye/smallies/etc...)

People keep telling me to just toss really small spoons and rapalas and you'll eventually get stuff to hit along the RDR...