Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-24-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweb View Post
Ya went to west end for slender spoons all they had left was one size one colour.

Rack was pretty bare lol
They don't stock winter tackle in the summer and vice versa. They also keep very limited stock for a lot of things so don't count on anything other then the big selling low cost items to be restocked. Many things like rods, reels, expensive lures, fish finders etc probably won't be restocked until next year now.

Inventory was the biggest thing that annoyed me when working there. There are lots of items they would sell a lot more of if they kept them in stock.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:51 PM

I agree. Worked there as well and inventory of items used at both seasons was a challenge. They seem to believe things like Slendor Spoons are only a winter item even though many use all year long. It is their summer clearance so only items in stock when its gone its done.
Odd old items are the 50 off and the odd odd hidden gem but most items can be had at other retailers on sale for the same or better.
Saying that I heard 20 off on electronics which is a0wsome. Not much juice in them so pretty close to cost if any in stock.

Like everything in retail buyer beware......

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
They don't stock winter tackle in the summer and vice versa. They also keep very limited stock for a lot of things so don't count on anything other then the big selling low cost items to be restocked. Many things like rods, reels, expensive lures, fish finders etc probably won't be restocked until next year now.

Inventory was the biggest thing that annoyed me when working there. There are lots of items they would sell a lot more of if they kept them in stock.
Old 08-25-2017, 01:00 PM
Banned

I found the diamond in the rough!

Luckily I broke my fenwick hmg a couple weeks ago so I popped in to the Fishin Hole and low and behold..... a sweet G.Loomis was there for 40% off!!!
Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM

Was at the Calgary store Thursday morning, one other customer at the time and the shelves were full. Didn't buy any big ticket items and wasn't looking for any, just some fly tying supplies.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:25 PM

Wow, tough crowd.

I bought 2 new rod/reel combos for the boys at 40% off, a bunch of bait and a new reel at 25%, and then the big score, Thermacell refills at 40% off!
Let me type that again, All Thermacell stuff 40% off!
Bear season won't be quite so expensive now...