Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 PM

Default Public Access to Blackfalds Lake

Does anyone have information about public access to Blackfalds Lake? From google maps it is not readily obvious where a person could access the lake. Only looking to put a canoe into the water.

Any information would be very much appreciated.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:58 PM

There is a sub division on the very north east end of the lake,you might find access there. The sub division is off of the lakeside sargent road,you might even be able to launch off the road allowance itself
Old 10-12-2018, 12:30 PM

the road on the end there says no exit do not enter. Is that a private road ?
Old 10-12-2018, 02:25 PM

I believe it is , it goes into a residence
Old 10-13-2018, 01:31 PM

I don't think there is public access to Blackfalds Lake. You could put a Canoe on nearby Lacombe lake. There is a parking lot on RR 272 with a trail that leads down to covered picnic area and washrooms. Behind the washrooms, in the trees, there is a trail that leads to the lake. You would have to walk about 200m from car to lake.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:32 PM

Just realized how old this thread is lol
Old 10-14-2018, 09:32 AM

just find it weird that there is no access to that lake . No trails or access to put a boat to paddle on it. There is like less than 10 houses on that lake and they own it ? Thought lakes were public.

like juniper lake near lacombe there . what happen to that. kind of a truck stop thing off the highway. There use to be stairs going down to that lake now there is private property sighs . Is there public easements thru private land to lakes?

Grew up on the west coast could walk the coast line all day . Come to gull lake or sylvan lake and walk about 30 mins and come to private property right down to the lake water.

I see fences everywhere ... is roads, highways and busy tourist parks in alberta the only place we have public access to move freely ?

Alberta has so much land but so little of it can be walked on . It just seems if there is a lake it should be public access with a trail around it for at least walking. People say red deer river has a good trail system . not really...... go to it like 5 times and it gets boring . I hate dead ends . rant over.....
Old 10-15-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megolf1986 View Post
just find it weird that there is no access to that lake . No trails or access to put a boat to paddle on it. There is like less than 10 houses on that lake and they own it ? Thought lakes were public.

like juniper lake near lacombe there . what happen to that. kind of a truck stop thing off the highway. There use to be stairs going down to that lake now there is private property sighs . Is there public easements thru private land to lakes?

Grew up on the west coast could walk the coast line all day . Come to gull lake or sylvan lake and walk about 30 mins and come to private property right down to the lake water.

I see fences everywhere ... is roads, highways and busy tourist parks in alberta the only place we have public access to move freely ?

Alberta has so much land but so little of it can be walked on . It just seems if there is a lake it should be public access with a trail around it for at least walking. People say red deer river has a good trail system . not really...... go to it like 5 times and it gets boring . I hate dead ends . rant over.....
Lakes are open to the public up to the high water mark. If there are no trails or access to the lake you are SOL.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:47 PM

Default Frustrating but don't worry

I can confirm that there's no public access to Blackfalds Lake. The good news is that it's not really a huge loss to the public.

Extremely high algae content, including the presence of toxic blue-green algae.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyak View Post
I don't think there is public access to Blackfalds Lake. You could put a Canoe on nearby Lacombe lake. There is a parking lot on RR 272 with a trail that leads down to covered picnic area and washrooms. Behind the washrooms, in the trees, there is a trail that leads to the lake. You would have to walk about 200m from car to lake.
Township Road 402 literally goes into Lacombe Lake. Great spot for launching non-motorized boats.

Here it is here:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@52.43368...!3m1!1e3?hl=en
Are going insane.