Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-19-2013, 03:03 PM

Yup, that damn DOG never was too bright!!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:19 PM

Lol.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:05 PM

Bought my new bait caster and rod over the winter. Had attached a swivel and decided to add some weight to it (a ball of hockey tape my kid had sitting on the coffee table) just to cast the around the house.

I guess you get stir crazy over the winter and can't wait for the bass masters tour. lol.

so - playing with my lab he would snip at it as I cast it, bounced it around him ect. - was having some fun watching him chase it and give it a few chews. The other dog - a younger retriever cross was just waiting to get in on the action.

Put the rod down, to go stir the stew my wife was making ( she asks me to contribute once in a while at home) and got distracted for a minute in the kitchen.

Heard the young dog choking a bit and looked over to see she was trying to swallow the ball (still attached to the line and fishing rod).

I must have startled her because I came over in a hurry - so she ran toward the stairs - my rod following her closely sliding and bouncing across the hardwood.

She hit the stairs and the rod stopped abruptly and the stinking ball came out and she had a puzzled look on her face as I stood there laughing at her.

No harm to the rod or the dog ....... but pretty humorous actually. Good thing I didn't put a crank bait on it ......lol.

From that day forward - I promised myself to check the drag before I go fishing for dogs since my wife won't let me install a rod holder on her Natuzzi couch.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:24 AM

I was streamer fishing on the Bow in Douglasdale after the flood of 2005. I got snagged on something and was able to budge it because I had about 12" of 18 pound Maxima. It was slow and heavy dragging it through water but it was coming in( I was hoping that it was just a log and not some half decomposed body). What was it? Old GT Snowracer in fairly good shape. Took it home and it's still behind my shed. I always wanted one of those when I was a kid.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM

Friend caught this "goldfish" in a reservoir by Cut Knife saskatchewan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f.jpg (19.7 KB, 83 views)
Old 06-20-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Bought my new bait caster and rod over the winter. Had attached a swivel and decided to add some weight to it (a ball of hockey tape my kid had sitting on the coffee table) just to cast the around the house.

I guess you get stir crazy over the winter and can't wait for the bass masters tour. lol.

so - playing with my lab he would snip at it as I cast it, bounced it around him ect. - was having some fun watching him chase it and give it a few chews. The other dog - a younger retriever cross was just waiting to get in on the action.

Put the rod down, to go stir the stew my wife was making ( she asks me to contribute once in a while at home) and got distracted for a minute in the kitchen.

Heard the young dog choking a bit and looked over to see she was trying to swallow the ball (still attached to the line and fishing rod).

I must have startled her because I came over in a hurry - so she ran toward the stairs - my rod following her closely sliding and bouncing across the hardwood.

She hit the stairs and the rod stopped abruptly and the stinking ball came out and she had a puzzled look on her face as I stood there laughing at her.

No harm to the rod or the dog ....... but pretty humorous actually. Good thing I didn't put a crank bait on it ......lol.

From that day forward - I promised myself to check the drag before I go fishing for dogs since my wife won't let me install a rod holder on her Natuzzi couch.
Brilliant conclusion, lmfao.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spice View Post
That's crazy... Never seen that before
Old 06-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spice View Post
How'd it taste?