Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-02-2012, 06:44 PM

Default nordegg area fishing questions

hi guys and gals im heading to nordegg next weekend to hit the trails with side x side also lokking todo some fishing any tips would be great rivers lakes no boat so all off shore fishing thanks doug
Old 09-03-2012, 06:41 AM

Any particular species you want to target? How far are you willing to travel? Which direction from Nordegg? There are lots of places to fish around there. Make sure you check the regs for season closures.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Default nordegg fishing

sounds like we are going about 10 km west of nordegg any species thanks
Old 09-03-2012, 07:01 PM

There is goldeye and fish lakes that have rainbows. Shunda lakes to the north that are stocked with rainbows, Abraham lake, plus numerous streams with different species. Again, double check the regs on season dates. Hope this helps
Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyfisher87 View Post
There is goldeye and fish lakes that have rainbows. Shunda lakes to the north that are stocked with rainbows, Abraham lake, plus numerous streams with different species. Again, double check the regs on season dates. Hope this helps
Shunda Lake and Fish Lake are two names for the same lake.

Pick up Barry Mitchells Alberta Fishing Guide. It will tell you some spots in the area. There is some great water in the area but I think you will find most fisherman aren't willing to give up their honey holes... especially when it comes to trout streams
Old 09-03-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
Shunda Lake and Fish Lake are two names for the same lake.

Pick up Barry Mitchells Alberta Fishing Guide. It will tell you some spots in the area. There is some great water in the area but I think you will find most fisherman aren't willing to give up their honey holes... especially when it comes to trout streams
You are correct. I knew that too.I really should proof read my posts sometimes lol. Still getting used to the new phone.
Old 09-03-2012, 10:52 PM

U have it right people are not willing to give up there spots ...I don't blame them..there is getting to be more people in the area ....I am not into giving out info except where I don't go to......fish lake ....goldeye lake ...Shunda creek ...Abraham lake are the normal places people go so fish will be smaller mostly....my advise is reread posts in here u will figure out some info and learn to read a map and Ohhh ya do some exploring .....
Old 09-04-2012, 05:58 PM

Default thanks

thanks for all the info guy. by the way i can read a map and im going to explore the area thanks
Old 09-04-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluegulp View Post
thanks for all the info guy. by the way i can read a map and im going to explore the area thanks
Don't take it personal just that most people are very lazy and like to be spoon fed