Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2018, 02:41 PM

Default Winter

We the hell else is sick of winter, this has to be the longest winter in quite awhile definitely the coldest here in GP anyway and snow geez that isn’t going to melt until July I have an honest 10-12 foot mount on my lawn, March is coming in like a Lion sure hope it goes out like a lamb, on a good note there should be enough moist in the ground for awhile
Old 03-01-2018, 02:56 PM

Default Who the hell else is sick of winter,

Hang in there Grease Monkey, Spring is just around the corner.
It's melting real nice down south here today and we Really need the water in the reservoirs. Last fall Rattelsnake res was at about 40%
Old 03-01-2018, 03:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasemonkey View Post
We the hell else is sick of winter, this has to be the longest winter in quite awhile definitely the coldest here in GP anyway and snow geez that isn’t going to melt until July I have an honest 10-12 foot mount on my lawn, March is coming in like a Lion sure hope it goes out like a lamb, on a good note there should be enough moist in the ground for awhile
Man o man I'm sick of it. My wife told me that 60cm forecasted between today and tomorrow. Cats out plowing the roads because the graders are stuck. Did a little math and figure I've got 774000 cubic yards of snow laying around. If we get this other 2' I'll have over a million cubic yards. Happy that I've finally got lots of something sad that no one wants it. Cant even skidoo in it because I'm tired of getting stuck. Fml
Old 03-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Banned

It kinda brings back a memory of November a few years back. Shot a moose in the field but needed a 155 komatsu dozer to plow the snow so we could get the tractor and truck in to load it.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:48 PM

Weekend weather is forecast nasty ... but, the SPFGA Range Orientation is still on as scheduled (assuming roads are passable).
Old 03-01-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
It kinda brings back a memory of November a few years back. Shot a moose in the field but needed a 155 komatsu dozer to plow the snow so we could get the tractor and truck in to load it.
Yup, that's when you learn to walk away without squeezing the trigger. I have walked away from a nice buck 200 yards away, with 3-4' of snow on the deck between us. Just not worth the work. Or the potential heart attack.

I am driving back to GP tomorrow from Edmonton, I hope the roads aren't a complete crap show.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-01-2018, 07:04 PM

Default Roads

Roads will probably be pretty bad drive safe
Old 03-01-2018, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Roads will probably be pretty bad drive safe
Thanks. Not looking forward to it, but all wheel drive and studded Nokian Hak 8 should help. It's still gonna suck.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-01-2018, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Yup, that's when you learn to walk away without squeezing the trigger. I have walked away from a nice buck 200 yards away, with 3-4' of snow on the deck between us. Just not worth the work. Or the potential heart attack.

I am driving back to GP tomorrow from Edmonton, I hope the roads aren't a complete crap show.
Younger and dumber. Lol
Drive safe. She's a little breezy and you might be alright but it's the knot heads around you that aren't. You know how the iosegun gets as well as the smoky.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:50 AM
Banned

She's not a very nice morning. Don't know how much snow we've got because of the wind. It's a drift lovers wet dream for sure.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:43 AM

You guys must be farmers! It's too cold...😢 there's too much snow😭 it's too hot😓 it's too dry! I hear Vancouver doesn't get much snow... and it's usually pretty warm around there.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:43 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

That's why I leave this country for a bit....come back when the days are longer....hopefully warmer....Carribean sea breezes takes your mind off winter

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
That's why I leave this country for a bit....come back when the days are longer....hopefully warmer....Carribean sea breezes takes your mind off winter
Great idea! I'm enjoying the winter, you won't hear me complain about winter unless it's too warm for me to go to work!
Old 03-02-2018, 06:52 AM
Banned

Not even a cm on the NW side of pigeon lake. Looking at the moon
Old 03-02-2018, 03:03 PM

I left Edmonton just after 9 AM, and was in my house by 1:30. Roads clear the whole way, a few spots of ice here and there and a bit of blowing snow, but for the most part I dodged it. Last 15 km or so once I got past Bezanson was the only place I really saw any falling and blowing snow that made any difference. It's starting to come down now though.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little red riding hood View Post
You guys must be farmers! It's too cold...😢 there's too much snow😭 it's too hot😓 it's too dry! I hear Vancouver doesn't get much snow... and it's usually pretty warm around there.

Lol. Don't know where you are but yes I've got to much snow.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:30 PM

South Calgary and have been out 4 times shoveling and still coming down...We got 15cm so far....or more
Old 03-02-2018, 04:10 PM

Coming down pretty good right now. Got the woodstove just a thumping and contemplating a nice dark rum & coke.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:27 PM
Banned

Bring it on.

Big storm coming, ( so they say...nothing in Edmonton yet).

After that a two week deep freeze would be the ticket and a nice slow April melt with plenty of rain.

May not like it,
But this part of the country has burned enough lately.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
Bring it on.

Big storm coming, ( so they say...nothing in Edmonton yet).

After that a two week deep freeze would be the ticket and a nice slow April melt with plenty of rain.

May not like it,
But this part of the country has burned enough lately.
As per radar, it is on your way
Old 03-02-2018, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
I feel for your situation GM, but here in Edmonton, I've found this winter here has been uneventful. Geez, I found myself commenting how the light was getting earlier in the AM and later in the PM..That was February?? I'm getting OLD