Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Banned

Default Unsolicited texts.

Anyone get these? I don't get them on my personal phone but the phone I've got for my tow tractor gets two texts a week from " first nations auto finance". I would try calling the number back but it is only a 5 digit number. How do I stop this?
Old 03-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Do you get option in phones settings to block this caller?
Old 03-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskra View Post
Do you get option in phones settings to block this caller?
I'm unsure. It's a iPhone.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Go to the text message. Click on the info icon for the caller. Hit the arrow on the top right. Scroll down to “block caller”. Done!
Old 03-03-2018, 10:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
Go to the text message. Click on the info icon for the caller. Hit the arrow on the top right. Scroll down to “block caller”. Done!
Thanks I'll do that for the next time. I've been deleting them.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:55 PM

Ive been getting one every day for about two and a half months now, reads "THIS MESSAGE IS FOR MARTIN MUZIKA, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR PLEASE TEXT BACK SAYING SO"

Not sure what the scam is but I block that number and still get a new one every day from a new number. Tracked one of the numbers down to a telecom in Ontario that sells land lines.

I asked Bell if there was any way for them to just block the spam numbers on their end to prevent any other Bell customers from being harassed but they said there was nothing they could do, I wasn't surprised

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, it's REALLY easy to block calls from a specific number, tap the three bars in the top right corner and hit block number. It's THAT easy
Old 03-03-2018, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Ive been getting one every day for about two and a half months now, reads "THIS MESSAGE IS FOR MARTIN MUZIKA, IF YOU HAVE RECIEVED THIS MESSAGE IN ERROR PLEASE TEXT BACK SAYING SO"

Not sure what the scam is but I block that number and still get a new one every day from a new number. Tracked one of the numbers down to a telecom in Ontario that sells land lines.

I asked Bell if there was any way for them to just block the spam numbers on their end to prevent any other Bell customers from being harassed but they said there was nothing they could do, I wasn't surprised

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, it's REALLY easy to block calls from a specific number, tap the three bars in the top right corner and hit block number. It's THAT easy
I'll try that when I get a text again. Was getting phone calls for Wilson but I told them Wilson thinks they're all a bunch of *****s. Haven't had a call for Wilson in a couple of weeks. Lol
Old 03-03-2018, 10:59 PM

Try this site. Pretty sure it has cut down on the calls and texts to me

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2018, 11:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWCalgary View Post
Try this site. Pretty sure it has cut down on the calls and texts to me

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk
I don't get lots of calls anymore just the one text from first nation auto finance. The other banks and even the collection agency has quit calling lol. If any is interested firstnationsvehicleloans.com will loan you money from 0% to 29% interest. Next time I get a text I'll hit the link to see how much money Wilson can borrow.