Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 02:37 PM

Default Tofino is hot as well....

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...o-1015148.html

Dates still available for peak season for Gear or Sal****er Flyfishing.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magcal4L View Post
Few pictures of a 52 pound chinook caught near Prince Rupert, took over an hour to get him in and around the boat countless times, yea walk arounds

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Great Pics, what a PIG...thanks for sharin...
Old 07-13-2009, 05:04 PM
Banned

Wow talk about some great fish people.

All of it is just driving me crazy,,, still have about 3 weeks to go for my run out west...

Thx to all for the pics.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:43 PM

Last 4 days has been pretty hot. Yesterday Brian Garrett and the Garrett clan limited out with 8 Springs in the boat by 9:15am!!!!!!!!!! Day before got into some ncie fish, and day before that limited by 10am.

Today was slower but we still got into lots of fish...but could not keep the hooks in them if our lives depended on it! Going out for big hali's tomorrow. Pics to come later as I forgot my camera and need to get the pictures off their cameras!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:12 PM

Yesterday, the last day with the Garrett clan, was great fishing. Limited on Chinooks by 10am..then headed out to see if we could find some barn door hali's. Caught crap loads of Yelloweyes, then headed for the barndoors...ended up with a 45 plus the rest of their halibut quota...but lost an absolute monster!! She was peeling line fairly easily...this fish was definitely over the 75lbs and my guess is over the 100lbs mark the way it was peeling with the drag pretty tight..oh well, Josh will get him next year!

Here are some pics from 5 days ago...don't have any from the Garrett trip as my camera dissappeared then reappeared...so I'm sure they will be posting some shortly!

David

Oh ya...big boy!

Nice fish...

These aer some big @$$ fish

Oh ya...he got another hog!

This is day 2 of the Garrett group's catch...our boat alone....I love putting guys on this much fish!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:17 PM

Forgot to add...Brian is a lucky guy!! He was being beaten pretty handedly for biggest salmon of the trip...we decide to make one last pass (they only need one more spring to fill their tags) before we head out for bottomfish....last corner...bam off the downrigger...gets it in, 35lbs, he wins the biggest salmon prize!! A plaque and what not...the guys were ragging him because all of a sudden he became happy as can be...they say he was sulking before as he didn't have it..well for the 2nd year in a row he takes home the prize for biggest salmon...on the last pass none the less...lucky bugger!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned

Off first thing in the AM for Hakai Pass.
I am really looking forward to this trip.
Its just me and the wife, no Kids, No cell phones and its her first fishing trip.
We get into Vancouver early tommorow so she gets a whole day shopping and I get to sit on some patio and enjoy the sun and a few cool ones.
Then first thing Friday morning we are off.
Plenty of pics when we come back as Heidi is taking her Camera as well.

Lets hope and pray there is some decent fishing at this time of year.

Jamie
Old 07-16-2009, 03:43 AM

Have a great trip. Bring me back coordinates for a couple of hogs.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:30 PM

Here are some pcis of the last week!!

Old 07-17-2009, 03:55 PM

OKAY that is it I can't stand it no more. I am going back. Sooke and Port Renfrew. the first week of Aug. The first year I fished swiftsure bank, 20-25lbs smilies, chicken halibut with some barndoors every day, the last few years have not been as good but the reports are that it is very good again with trouble getting your plug through the cohos. going to be a long two weeks, and to those who are not infected with the salt bug,do not go, never, stay away Gord
Old 07-17-2009, 08:56 PM

Default 2009 Salmon trip

Just got back from our trip with Dave and Serengeti Fishing charter and what a trip we had. As always the guiding, gear and boat was first class. Dave put us on a tonne of fish. As he was saying above we limited out on Salmon and Hali's. Biggest Spring was 35 pounds (by me of coarse......) and the biggest Hali was 45 pounds but we lost a doozy. Lots of Springs in the mid 20's and a few right at thirty. Weather was great and fish were biting. Here are a few pics.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-17-2009, 09:03 PM

Looks like they do well there but for that price I think I can go on 2 trips. We did not catch fish that size but I would rather go twice. Glad you guys had a good trip. I leave in a few weeks and hope that some of those big ones make it down to the Renfrew area by then.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Banned

Some nice fish monster,, nice to see you guys had a blast..

Thx for the pics and the update.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:09 PM

Thumbs up salmon trip

Yes as monstermuley put it , it was deffiently a blast. To anybody that wants a great fishing trip ya deffiently have ta try port hardy and serengeti charters. Everything was great and the charter was first class. Can;t wait ta get back at er with dave and the gang. PS- I'll get ya next time monstermuley- lmao
Old 07-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Default 2 Days Doublebay here I come

First off sure is some nice fish on here I have been drooling over this thread since posted.

I am headed to doublebay resort on wednesday for 3 days of fishing for Salmon.

I am have dreamed of doing this for 12 years and just have'nt been able to as I had a career to focus on but now I have a small window of oppertunity and I am jumping on it.

Do any of you have any words of wisdom that I might find valuable.

Thank you in advance for any special tactics that one might PM me to help me out.

Cheers all
Old 07-19-2009, 09:23 PM

Just nailing them...couldn't keep one rod in the water today...yesterday loaded up with 350lbs of bottomfish...could of easily had more as they weren't limited on lingcod but they decided they had had enough of reeling from the bottom Fishing is hot hot!! Blackpheasant is here starting on Tuesday! Can't wait
Old 07-23-2009, 10:45 PM

Default The river

Just got back from fishing the Skeena and Bulkley rivers by Terrace and Smithers its slow yet for the Chinooks three days of fishing and only two keepers.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:03 PM

Just got back from Port Hardy after fishing 3 days with Serengetti David, had to where a Canucks Jersey for a day (I lost a bet) but the fishing made up for that, our limits for Chinooks were completed by 9:00 am each day, we managed 9 Springs over 30 lbs for the trip the largest was 35 lbs the rest were mid to high 20's, bottom fishing was just as good as well, limits on Hallys 20-45 lbs and Lings were 10-30 lbs also a Yelloweye that was close to 20 lbs, David and his father Dave Sr. are real Pro's with top quality gear and great fishing vessels, can't wait to get back there...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ph 1.jpg (183.9 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg ph2.jpg (162.5 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg ph3.jpg (163.1 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg summer 2009 fishing 373.JPG (120.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg ph5.jpg (191.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg ph6.jpg (148.8 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg ph7.jpg (177.1 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg ph8.jpg (188.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 07-25-2009, 09:54 PM

Had an absolute blast with you guys out there Larry...look forward to next year and somehow beating that day with 10 chinook, 7 over 30lbs! Plus, bet will be on again this year and that Nucks jersey will be back on again
Old 07-28-2009, 04:55 PM

Those types of days don't come around very often but I would gladly take another one, and you will be wearing RED for a day the NUCKS only chance was this year....
Old 07-29-2009, 07:31 AM

Great pictures guys. They're getting me even more stoked for my first trip to Rupert, We leave Monday. Hopefully our fishing is as good as some of yours.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:02 PM

Still nailing them up here...limits being caught every day...when the bite is on its almost impossible to get 2 rods in the water!! Gotta love it!!! bottomfish are being nailed too...This is getting ridiculous...I wasn't aware fishing could be this good for this long during a season! LOVE IT!!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 09:42 AM
Banned

5 more days and counting. I got the hooks all tied up I even have them in the order that I am going to try them. Got the boat packed, rods are in, down riggers, weights man I hate this time all I do is go sit in the shop and look at my gear am I sick or what,, well don't ask the wife cause I think she is ready to send me to the loonie bin.. I keep going over the fishing reports about 4 times a day just in case there is something changing,, they are still waiting for the big push of Chinook to hit Sooke so hopefully they will show up soon. I think they are just showing up now and with the heavy flood coming in next week it should bring in a good run of them. Apparently the Pinks and Coho are so thick that it's hard to fish,, can't keep any bait in the water..

Well I better go check my boat again maybe it needs a good shine !!!!
Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleyes View Post
5 more days and counting. I got the hooks all tied up I even have them in the order that I am going to try them. Got the boat packed, rods are in, down riggers, weights man I hate this time all I do is go sit in the shop and look at my gear am I sick or what,, well don't ask the wife cause I think she is ready to send me to the loonie bin.. I keep going over the fishing reports about 4 times a day just in case there is something changing,, they are still waiting for the big push of Chinook to hit Sooke so hopefully they will show up soon. I think they are just showing up now and with the heavy flood coming in next week it should bring in a good run of them. Apparently the Pinks and Coho are so thick that it's hard to fish,, can't keep any bait in the water..

Well I better go check my boat again maybe it needs a good shine !!!!
I am getting excited too! 28 more days and I am Langara bound. Just looking for a couple more guys to fill the trip. Everywhere has been fishing better this year by the sounds of it.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
I am getting excited too! 28 more days and I am Langara bound. Just looking for a couple more guys to fill the trip. Everywhere has been fishing better this year by the sounds of it.

Yah you bet Sundance,, the fishing is phenomenal this year. I have been on and off the phone all week with buddies that are out there now and they are all hammering them up and down the coast,, well any where on the outside that is.. Looks like the last couple days are really heating up around the south island as well so its all lookin good.

28 days for you,, you should be right in the heat of some dandy Coho up there about that time.. Make sure you take the camera so we can all enjoy it with yah..

Good luck to you guys ..
Old 08-04-2009, 09:56 PM

Damn guys...we have been slaying them...limited out with 6-8 Chinooks almost every day this effing summer....gotta love it...now nailling BIG halibut while salmon fishing too...50+lbs...a lot of fun on the salmon gear. Fishing is stupid good...it's dumb actually...if we don't limit out on Chinook over 23lbs by 9:30am it is a SLOW day!!! Gotta love life!! Blackpheasant and monstermuley have experienced it first hand...can't keep 2 rods down! Nothing like the best salmon fishing on the west coast....love my summer job Will post pictures here shortly....
Old 08-04-2009, 10:22 PM

The HOGS ARE IN!!!

WHAT A HOG!!

GO CANUCKS!!!

Enough fish???
Old 08-04-2009, 10:25 PM

These are just for Larry (blackpheasant) Go Canucks!!

Old 08-05-2009, 12:43 AM

Just got back from the Queen Charlottes, Naden Harbor to be exact. Pretty tough fishing with the weather that had moved in, but still managed to land one that taped out to 43 pounds and another that taped at 34. Still managed to catch close to 80 salmon in one day. The coho were thick so it was difficult to get down to the big springs during the derby.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:34 AM

Well Guys...I think the pictures speak for themselves...last 3 days limited with 10 Chinook per boat...20 in total...tons of big lings...all over 15lbs...just unreal fishing...the kinda fishing we get up here on most days. Yesterday we had over 1100lbs of fish between the 2 boats... :O In 2 days OUR LAST GROUP TOOK BACK A TON OF FISH (LITERALLY...THE METRIC WEIGHT OF A TON) Every day caught one over 40lbs except for today...biggest was 37lbs. Big boys showing up in hordes though...

MONSTER

20 Chinook, 21 Ling, Some snapper and rockfish, and limit of hali's

HUGEEEEEEEE