Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2018, 07:30 PM

Default CALL TO ACTION: You might want to start supporting a gun club or a lobby group!ASAP

In the wake of the Florida student shootings that have galvanized anti-gun Americans and Canadians, Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale promised Thursday he will table legislation “within weeks” to complete Liberal gun-control election commitments.

https://ipolitics.ca/2018/03/01/good...ent-shootings/

Old 03-01-2018, 07:46 PM
Banned

Is there a viable firearms lobby group in Canada?
Old 03-01-2018, 08:13 PM

CCFR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 03-01-2018, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTHEMI View Post
CCFR

NFA is uselesss, and what is the CCFR doing?

The liberal left is crucifying you, and if you don't think it's planned... MSM is far left, so are most tech companies, youtube, twitter etc. And the rest? Well, they are running scared. When corporations are bowing down to the liberal left.

You have nobody to depend on but yourselves, and there is no election or Prime Minister that's going to save you. This shooting in Florida has nothing to do with Canada, but yet, it's a big deal here.

Good luck is all I can say.

Last edited by silverdoctor; 03-01-2018 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
NFA is uselesss, and what is the CCFR doing?

The liberal left is crucifying you, and if you don't think it's planned... MSM is far left, so are most tech companies, youtube, twitter etc. And the rest? Well, they are running scared. When corporations are bowing down to the liberal left.

You have nobody to depend on but yourselves, and there is no election or Prime Minister that's going to save you. This shooting in Florida has nothing to do with Canada, but yet, it's a big deal here.

Good luck is all I can say.

And who do you support?

Old 03-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
And who do you support?

I support firearms owners.

Like it or not, this is the kind of bull that you are losing to. Full semi-auto, wow, some firearms expert. Typical CNN crap, and people are lapping it up. You cannot educate the stupid and ignorant, so what choices do you have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xVQXCL2JGA

Last edited by silverdoctor; 03-01-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
I support firearms owners.

Like it or not, this is the kind of bull that you are losing to. Full semi-auto, wow, some firearms expert. Typical CNN crap, and people are lapping it up. You cannot educate the stupid and ignorant, so what choices do you have?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xVQXCL2JGA

So you aren’t a member of any advocacy group then? This “fight” doesn’t effect you? Just notice you don’t say we. That segment was better than many the MSM has done. Still a sad statement though.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
So you aren’t a member of any advocacy group then? This “fight” doesn’t effect you? Just notice you don’t say we. That segment was better than many the MSM has done. Still a sad statement though.

What fight are you giving?

Some 3 million licensed firearms owners in Canada - and what, 35 million population? You are the minority. And advocacy groups don't mean squat - you are the group.

Here's the thing, the majority of Canada doesn't give a carp that you have guns. I know liberals that don't care about guns. You need to understand that. I don't own firearms, no need, but there's no fear of them. I don't walk around thinking someone is going to shoot me.

You want to get out and protest? let me know when and where, I'll be there with bells on. Otherwise, it's the same old, you're waiting for someone to do something for you. I don't get that. you're being traded for votes. Harper could have killed C-68, why didn't he? You know the answer to that.

What exactly do you want?

Last edited by silverdoctor; 03-01-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 10:22 PM
Banned

I am wondering how anyone could have access to the number of guns of a certain type were registered when registry records have been destroyed?

Also, why does Canada need to change gun laws? Seems to me the majority of “guns in the news” have been victims protecting themselves.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
I am wondering how anyone could have access to the number of guns of a certain type were registered when registry records have been destroyed?

Also, why does Canada need to change gun laws? Seems to me the majority of “guns in the news” have been victims protecting themselves.
They're counting AR15s, which are restricted, like hand guns. The restricted registry still exists, it was the non-restricted portion that was repealed and supposedly deleted.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:48 AM

I've registered for my RPAL course in April. I'm wondering if I should even bother with getting my restricted license with the way things are going.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoTrekr View Post
They're counting AR15s, which are restricted, like hand guns. The restricted registry still exists, it was the non-restricted portion that was repealed and supposedly deleted.
Have they been a problem in Canada?
Old 03-02-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogie135 View Post
I've registered for my RPAL course in April. I'm wondering if I should even bother with getting my restricted license with the way things are going.
I would get it just in case one day they no longer issue restricted licenses and you may be “grandfathered” I believe everyone who has a gun license should own an AR. Power in numbers.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:07 AM

Default Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
I would get it just in case one day they no longer issue restricted licenses and you may be “grandfathered” I believe everyone who has a gun license should own an AR. Power in numbers.
Better to have it now you may not get it later.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:57 AM

Personally, I am encouraged by the actions of the CCFR. I've been a member for two years, I pay attention to what they're doing on the hill in Ottawa - they're very active with telling you what's happening on Facebook and their website(s). They actually get meetings with politicians (both sides of the house).

Honestly, they are the best voice we've ever had representing the law abiding gun owners in Canada. Tracy Wilson and Rod Giltaca do a great job in representing our interest and providing education to the misinformed. I've never felt that sponsoring them with a $40/yr membership has been a waste.

I encourage anyone who cares about what's happening with firearms in Canada to check them out and consider joining up for a year.

https://firearmrights.ca/en/home/
http://gundebate.ca/
Old 03-02-2018, 11:04 AM

I'm probably living a fairy tail but I hope the new run of NR AR variants stay NR

Wolverine 180
BCL102
Macabee SLR
Old 03-02-2018, 11:20 AM

CCFR or CSSA are the groups to support in Canada.

The CCFR actively lobbies Ottawa and is ATIP'ing all kinds of stuff. Just today they found blatant conflict of interest with Polysesouvient and the CFAC. Nathalie Provost actively lobbied Ralph Goodale while she was a member of the CFAC, which is prohibited.

They also found want Polysesouvient wants Goodale to do, and its laughable at best.

Tracey said that the upcoming legislation wont have any major changes, just some small stuff.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:12 PM

First thing we need is someone the gov't will actually take the interest in listening to. The NFA was not very popular in gov't circles for a very long time, very often wouldn't be given the time of day by the gov't. The various groups we have now? Who knows whether or not they can get heard in a reasonable fashion, or if the people they use to interact with the gov't can present what needs presenting in a fashion that the powers that be, will remember and give credence to.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:54 PM

If you don’t own an AR-15, maybe consider buying a stripped lower.
You can get one for $100.
Then you’ll have an AR-15 registered to your name.
I think that may be money better spent than sending it off to a firearms org (though you should at least have a membership with the cssa).
The liberals won’t mess with restricted gun owners or AR owners if there are enough of them to interfere with their re-election.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:03 PM

Trust me the data is still there from the gun registry. How else in the floods did they know which houses to go into in High River. Those were not all restricted owners and they did not hit random houses. If the US start to go against guns it will get a lot tougher faster in canada for we don’t fight for rights like Americans do. Were to busy working to try and stay a head. The registry is kinda like the internet once it was up there you can delete it but it will always be available. That was to good of information that no government in the world would ever get rid of.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:11 PM

There is a registry of PAL holders, they probably used that.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzukisam View Post
Trust me the data is still there from the gun registry. How else in the floods did they know which houses to go into in High River. Those were not all restricted owners and they did not hit random houses. If the US start to go against guns it will get a lot tougher faster in canada for we don’t fight for rights like Americans do. Were to busy working to try and stay a head. The registry is kinda like the internet once it was up there you can delete it but it will always be available. That was to good of information that no government in the world would ever get rid of.
I’ll speculate but probably by which houses had a pal registered at that address. The “registry” is more then useless now even if the data was retained. Most of the guns I owned during the registry now belong to other people and I’ve got other guns that I’ve acquired since it was abolished. Not everyone buys guns and sits on them forever.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
The liberals won’t mess with restricted gun owners or AR owners if there are enough of them to interfere with their re-election.
Lol, all you have to do is get about 15 million more people to buy restricted firearms and you will be set...
Old 03-02-2018, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Lol, all you have to do is get about 15 million more people to buy restricted firearms and you will be set...

Sounds good.
I’m sure we can get a few more people signed up.
Not everyone is as terrified by the ar15 as you.