Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
You have no idea if it is or not and it certainly is not only related to that thread, if you were a mod then you may be speaking with knowledge,,,you are not a mod,,,,soooo
????????
Old 03-03-2018, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
You sure seem to follow me around. Got a manchrush on me and looking for a date? I'll shut you down right now because I don't swing that way bud.
Wow so edgy. I don't follow you around we just happen to be posting in the same threads and I can't help but point out the ridiculousness of your posts. Says a lot about your character that you think you can insult me by insinuating I'm a homosexual.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerThomson View Post
Like was already pointed out. There are rules here and I don't make them or enforce them.
You sure try!
Old 03-03-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
This forum is frequented by kids so if you are incapable of grown up discussion without name calling its no wonder threads get shut down.

Grow up
Based on your recent posts, you should do the same....Pot meet kettle ring a bell
Old 03-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
You sure try!
When? How? By voicing an opinion different than yours?
Old 03-03-2018, 05:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
So your solution is to report to the mods that someone doesn't agree with you?

I don't do or say anything different on here than I do if I were to be having a debate in person with someone. I discuss things with my teenaged son in a more aggressive manner than what some folks on here can handle without crying.

Seriously grow up. I know the mods get hit with a bunch of petty complaints from the same people over and over again and most of the time it's just over hurt feelings.

I have a 15yr old, if you think this forum is rough you had better not try to get in on their conversations, you'll leave bawling your eyes out.
He never said he reports everything,,, you did. If you insult people in person, cuz thats what gets you in trouble here, then not only do you have no idea how to have a discussion on here but not in person either,,,plus you are teaching your kid the same thing. This forum is not rough and thats because people like you and your spawn are kept in check, dont hurt peoples feelings on here and the triangle wont be pushed and if it is then the mods will decide, not you or your kid
Old 03-03-2018, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Like was already pointed out. There are rules here and I don't make them or enforce them.
There are forum rules, but everyone does not interpret them the same. Some people will report a post for being racist, even though a reasonable person would not consider the post to be racist. Other people post something that is obviously incorrect, ànd then they get offended when someone proves that their post is incorrect. Sometimes the reported post does violate the rules, but sometimes it doesn't, and people just report the post ,because they don't agree with what was posted. Some people don't like the topic, so they complain , hoping to have the thread locked or deleted, even though no forum rules were broken. Regardless of why a post was reported, the mods have to take the time to read the complaints , decide if the rules were broken or not, and then deal with the poster, or the complainer, and then edit or delete any offending posts.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 03-03-2018 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:45 PM

Just postin' in this thread before it goes away.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
There are forum rules, but everyone does not interpret them the same. Some people will report a post for being racist, even though a reasonable person would not consider the post to be racist. Other people post something that is obviously incorrect, ànd then they get offended when someone proves that their post is incorrect. Sometimes the reported post does violate the rules, but sometimes it doesn't, and people just report the post ,because they don't agree with what was posted. Some people don't like the topic, so they complain , hoping to have the thread locked or deleted, even though no forum rules were broken.
Unfortunately it's not up to you or I to interpret the rules. It's up to the owners and the mods.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:47 PM

Purhaps the the time has come for the AO Forum to reflect what it is.

Alberta Outdoorsman Forum

If it's not related to things out doors, then those un-related threads go to a boxed in category of General Chart that does not pop-up on the new posts.

A few other fourms that I visit have been removing threads that don't apply with the format on what they represent.

Examples:

Both fourms seen threads flooded with topics relating to the displeasure of the "right to own semi automatic firearms,,, both of these USA forums removed them ASAP.

Politics, religion, and a few other things are moved off the general page so thier forum remains intact with its values. Things that don't represent the forum "in general" disappear.

The poster of threads are notified by the Mod's with what is allowed on the forum.

The objects at hand,,, everything relating to it/ them.
Topics of objects and their uses in all forms.
Hunting, Camping, Fishing, Hiking, OHV, Boating, Archery, Trapping, Travel, Shooting, and "ALL" things related to the outdoors stuff.

No Government news, no daily news, no car needs tires, house repairs, and many other topics "not related to what a out-door forum is about.

And no threads about threads that disappeared as this one runs its course, and is shut down to make room with the vision of where the AO Forum wants to set its direction.

The above is only a idea of what would make it easier for the Owner(s) and Mod's to handle.

A strait forward mission statement explaining what the forum is about, and shifting its self into that direction.

Again, that is my take, and my take only IMO only.

I need to go to the "Snow-blower Forum" since that forum is inline with "ALL" things that are relate to it.

Cheers All

Don
Old 03-03-2018, 05:49 PM

Default I feel sorry for the mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Do people actually click on the red triangle, like was mentioned earlier today, to complain when their feelings are hurt? Or don't agree with the topic at hand? Thought this was an outdoorsMAN forum?

Outdoorspeople

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
There are forum rules, but everyone does not interpret them the same. Some people will report a post for being racist, even though a reasonable person would not consider the post to be racist. Other people post something that is obviously incorrect, ànd then they get offended when someone proves that their post is incorrect. Sometimes the reported post does violate the rules, but sometimes it doesn't, and people just report the post ,because they don't agree with what was posted. Some people don't like the topic, so they complain , hoping to have the thread locked or deleted, even though no forum rules were broken.
The mods interpret them and i trust that if they feel no rules where broken then they would tell the person complaining that. So dont assume they are not reasonable. Trust the mods or dont be here, you me or Kurt do not have the right to complain about how this place is run, if you do think that then i hopped to see a ‘banned’ next to your name too
Old 03-03-2018, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Just postin' in this thread before it goes away.
Lol,,,,great post
Old 03-03-2018, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately it's not up to you or I to interpret the rules. It's up to the owners and the mods.
Which is exactly why the mods have such a tough job. If the post violated the rules, they have to edit or delete the post and deal with the offender. If no rule was broken, then they have to deal with the person that thinks that the post violated the rules. Either way , it is a lot of work for them, and it takes patience, especially if they feel that no rule was broken, but the complainer insists that the post violated the rules, because they feel offended, or their feelings were hurt.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:54 PM
Banned

The general forum remains the most popular, by far.

Who is complaining about posts? Maybe complaints should be contained to PMs to the subject complained about.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweld View Post
Outdoorspeople

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps. The "man" in outdoorsman isn't quite as prevalent as it once was it seems
Old 03-03-2018, 05:59 PM

Quote:
The mods interpret them and i trust that if they feel no rules where broken then they would tell the person complaining that. So dont assume they are not reasonable. Trust the mods or dont be here, you me or Kurt do not have the right to complain about how this place is run, if you do think that then i hopped to see a ‘banned’ next to your name too
I am not complaining about how the forum is run; just the opposite, I think that the mods do a great job, in spite of the nonsense that they have to put up with. No matter what they do, someone is going to be unhappy with the results, and very few people appreciate the time and effort they put in. As I posted previously, it is a thankless job.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I never once complained on how this place is run, I complained about the children who are old enough to vote crying to the mods over petty things because they got their feelings hurt.

This isn't about guys breaking rules, as much as some wish it were, it's about grown men acting like babies, and the crap our mods have to go through because of it.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wow so edgy. I don't follow you around we just happen to be posting in the same threads and I can't help but point out the ridiculousness of your posts. Says a lot about your character that you think you can insult me by insinuating I'm a homosexual.
I'll be courteous again for the last time. I do not want to date you. I am a happily married man to a beautiful female lady.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I never once complained on how this place is run, I complained about the children who are old enough to vote crying to the mods over petty things because they got their feelings hurt.

This isn't about guys breaking rules, as much as some wish it were, it's about grown men acting like babies, and the crap our mods have to go through because of it.
Are you suggesting the mods were wrong to shut the last thread down. You feel you should be able to flaunt rules, and then ridicule those that report you?

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-03-2018, 06:06 PM

Another train wreck. Sweet.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 03-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Are you suggesting the mods were wrong to shut the last thread down. You feel you should be able to flaunt rules, and then ridicule those that report you?
I'm pretty 100% sure any thread that has been recently shut down has had nothing to do with any of my comments, my thread was spawned as a result of the frustration I see in the mods.

I feel for them and think their life would be a whole lot easier without babies.
Old 03-03-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty 100% sure any thread that has been recently shut down has had nothing to do with any of my comments, my thread was spawned as a result of the frustration I see in the mods.

I feel for them and think their life would be a whole lot easier without babies.
Again with the insults.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-03-2018, 06:10 PM

Lots more hurt feeling in this thread with the number of reported posts lol. as entertaining as it was all good things have to come to an end. Watch an oilers game and cheer up people
Closed Thread