Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 07-16-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honker1 View Post
I didn't draw for a cow elk, i drew for a bull elk, then i applied for 212 Muzzleloader/shotgun/archery tag and drew the tag and then i will purchase a archery only 212 antlerless Elk for 18.95 which is only good for archery sept 1-nov 30 and it is all above board and legal, it is the second time i have had three elk tag's and i do read the reg's!!!
Just a cautionary note for when you purchase your elk tags.On page 49 of the draw book under the heading "maximum licences allowed per hunter",A resident adult or youth may obtain 4 diffrent licences from this list of 25 but not more than 1 licence from this list for any one species.Am I somehow missing out on hunting opportunities or are you buying too many elk tags?LOL
Old 07-16-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionel View Post
i hear ya buddy. its crawling with mulies
Ya I know. A P4 didn't get it. Unbelievable to wait 6 years for a buck tag in 208, a zone crawling with deer. Last year we hardly seen any hunters either so it's not like it's over run with people.

4 of us applied for does and nobody got it. Last year they threw out 2 tags per applicant and Dad and I didn't get drawn either. Something doesn't make sense.

I want to see the draw summary when it's out.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
Just a cautionary note for when you purchase your elk tags.On page 49 of the draw book under the heading "maximum licences allowed per hunter",A resident adult or youth may obtain 4 diffrent licences from this list of 25 but not more than 1 licence from this list for any one species.Am I somehow missing out on hunting opportunities or are you buying too many elk tags?LOL
You're missing out. The system would have kicked him out of all the elk draws if he had not done the draws properly.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
You're missing out. The system would have kicked him out of all the elk draws if he had not done the draws properly.
Not suggesting he"s doing anything wrong just wondering how I can get in on it,Obviosly I"m missing something.
Old 07-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnk View Post
346 is an awesome zone in behind the Windfall Plant. Some beauty mulies on a couple of those towering hillside cutblocks!

Personally I finally got drawn for bull moose in 347, the only draw I entered for. Really anxious to get going!
Thank You for the info and good luck hope you get a brute
Old 07-16-2011, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseelk View Post
Look closer 212 elk isn't included in that list of 25 they are found on the next page in another list. You can hold 3 elk tags...........
Old 07-16-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathewsArcher View Post
Look closer 212 elk isn't included in that list of 25 they are found on the next page in another list. You can hold 3 elk tags...........
Thankyou,missed that!
Old 07-16-2011, 09:36 PM

Default suffield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbwire View Post
Suffield in September Sounds good to me!!
What priority level did u get drawn,seen some nice bulls out
Old 07-17-2011, 01:39 AM

Nothing yet. Holding out for goat. What's the odds of getting that?
Old 07-17-2011, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman View Post
Nothing yet. Holding out for goat. What's the odds of getting that?
Like winning the lottery
Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 PM

Another bull moose for 510,hmm.375 or 300 wm.
Old 07-17-2011, 07:43 PM

Apparently deer are extinct in south eastern Alberta.. There are about 12 of us that I have talked to tonight and one person got ONE white tail doe...The rest got nothing.... Been putting in the draws the same as every year and got nothing...

Guess CWD must not be a concern at all either, if they don't need anyone hunting the deer to help get rid of it...
Old 07-17-2011, 07:55 PM

I recieved my draw for Camp Wainwright, I didnt get the choice I wanted however Im sure it will be a great time.
Old 07-17-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen1971 View Post
Apparently deer are extinct in south eastern Alberta.. There are about 12 of us that I have talked to tonight and one person got ONE white tail doe...The rest got nothing.... Been putting in the draws the same as every year and got nothing...

Guess CWD must not be a concern at all either, if they don't need anyone hunting the deer to help get rid of it...
It has nothing to do with CWD, but it does have a lot to do with the brutal winter we just had!!!
Old 07-17-2011, 09:23 PM

I never drew anything this year just gained priority points...
however our Hunt party drew 2 Bull Moose Tags ,2 Bull Elk tags and one Cow Elk. Looks like i will play pack mule on this Novembers hunt's.

Looking forward to my oldest son getting his Bull Moose, Thats my Goal this fall .

we will be competing with Nay Nay and Double shovel in 234 ...Curtis's backyard.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
It has nothing to do with CWD, but it does have a lot to do with the brutal winter we just had!!!
So the deer population took that big of a hit that no one got drawn? I could see less draws.. I could see one or two of a few of us not getting everything, but for 12 guys get one doe tag that seems a bit excessive.. I'd be curious to hear from anyone else in the Hat area that put in for deer draws and how they faired out.. Out of curiousity..
Old 07-18-2011, 12:52 AM

Mulie doe in 112 and thats it
Old 07-18-2011, 01:07 AM

Default draws

My son drew a cow moose tag on the home quarter, still waiting on goat.Practicing every night with my bow so Im ready for a velvet muley, good luck all!
Old 07-18-2011, 05:25 AM

I just recently got the numbers for 158 mule buck and they dropped the tags from 98 last year to 60 this year. I assume it is the same all over. I am priority 8 for antelope. Guess I can kiss that puppy good by for at least 1 more year.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:49 AM

Quote:
So the deer population took that big of a hit that no one got drawn? I could see less draws.. I could see one or two of a few of us not getting everything, but for 12 guys get one doe tag that seems a bit excessive.. I'd be curious to hear from anyone else in the Hat area that put in for deer draws and how they faired out.. Out of curiousity..
Yup I know it's hard to believe but the Deer took that big of a hit in the south here. Lots of Deer and Pronghorns died. I have never seen this until this last winter where the Mulies and Whitetails would be standing in the same bale stack together eating and trying to survive.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 AM

Have talked to a few guys so far and not one drew a mule buck tag around the Hat.Most years you would get drawn with a priority 1 but not this year!
Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 AM

Antlerless Elk
Bull Moose
Bison

... We are going to have one great season
Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Talked to our little group in the South, out of a dozen or so, and most we not drawn for anything. We apply for skins heads every year, nothing drawn but one dow tag a buddy got. The only other tag was a Mule buck, another buddy got drawn for this.. Typically most would draw a doe and a couple would get their buck tag, not this year...
Old 07-18-2011, 01:34 PM

999'nd my p8 antelope, hope that pays off !

got non trophy sheep in 444, might let my daughter shoot that one for me with the youth option. she's so hyped on going to the mountains ! that

no 438 sheep, or moose, or elk, or wainwright, or mulie, or mulie does !

father in law got cow elk and calf moose ! should be good eats !

daughters didn't get anything ! they're bummed, but deer will be great fun !
Old 07-18-2011, 01:55 PM

Late season antlered moose in 351.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
Talked to our little group in the South, out of a dozen or so, and most we not drawn for anything. We apply for skins heads every year, nothing drawn but one dow tag a buddy got. The only other tag was a Mule buck, another buddy got drawn for this.. Typically most would draw a doe and a couple would get their buck tag, not this year...
Yup.. I'm feelin your pain.. Wish someone would have announced they were extinct in SE Alberta.. Everyone in SW Alberta is hopin to get rid of lots of deer.. Whether or not they allow permission is another topic...
Old 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM

Default 332 moose

Wondering if anyone got drawn for moose in 332, and if so what priority were you. Two guys in our group came back neg. with a P5.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Yup.. I'm feelin your pain.. Wish someone would have announced they were extinct in SE Alberta.. Everyone in SW Alberta is hopin to get rid of lots of deer.. Whether or not they allow permission is another topic...
There was lots of warning before the draws came out if you were paying attention to the posts about population numbers in the south.... But once again everybody thinks there is no problem with Deer and Pronghorn numbers in the south.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSasquatch View Post
I'm pretty stoked! I got a 208 bulll moose tag and a 164/166/208 antlered elk tag which they just opened a bow season on. Wooohooo!

I was a little disappointed that I never drew my 208 muley buck tag with a priority three but I think I will be busy enough.

Still have that chance at goat too.
So did l , cow elk same zones , if you want to team up give me a shout , hunting alone this year , gonna be tough on an old guy 68
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
oh I see , you going missing for a year dont call or write and now you wanna crawl around in the mountains with me ..... hmmmmmmmm .... I think I have a dinner meeting and my truck might break down ..lol...
Ohhhhh Zip!!! Lol! See ya this week!