Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2023, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
If LA has no shots on goal for the entire game, Oilers will win for sure.
Crazy they didn’t have a shot on goal for over 18 minutes of the game.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Zzzzzziiiinnng!!!!

Big game boys. Cheer card! I’m out. Ole migraines got me.
Hope they give you a big win Bessie!
Old 04-19-2023, 10:00 PM

And just like that… They started to shoot the pack a little bit.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:06 PM

Wish Bessie was feeling better, this one would make him pucker, but he'd be cheering & full of misguided faith!

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 04-19-2023, 10:08 PM

^ haha.
Old 04-19-2023, 10:51 PM

See you in LA baby!!! GO OIL !!!!!
Old 04-19-2023, 10:51 PM

Hey Baby what a game

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:18 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Almost pooped the bed but they got the win and that’s what matters.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-20-2023, 08:05 AM

The Oil own the majority of play yet games are still close. All knotted up a 1-1 and McJesus has yet to wake up. Gotta win the next one at all costs.
Old 04-20-2023, 10:40 AM

I apologize if this has been discussed already.
Am I the only one that wishes Jack Michaels was calling the games on Sportsnet?
He is one of the top play by play guys in the league but Sportsnet has to be all inclusive and use the other guy. I am glad he is getting the opportunity but why Oilers games and not Leafs games? I think Leaf fans would riot. I guess these days the best person for the job matters less than political correctness. I really enjoy Jack’s enthusiasm and knowledge.
Old 04-20-2023, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
He is one of the top play by play guys in the league but Sportsnet has to be all inclusive and use the other guy. I am glad he is getting the opportunity but why Oilers games and not Leafs games? I think Leaf fans would riot. I guess these days the best person for the job matters less than political correctness. I really enjoy Jack’s enthusiasm and knowledge.
I am a fan of Jack Michaels on the tv broadcasts and radio. Him and Louie/Stauffer are very good together. Come playoffs and they replace him with an eastern guy. Ugggh. He calls an ok game but his excitement level feels like an act to me.
Old 04-20-2023, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper01 View Post
Yes I love Jack on the broadcast but in the name of political correctness wokeism, inclusion, equity and diversity we get what we get during the playoffs, no getting around it. listening to this guy through the entire playoffs with give me diarrhea.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 04-20-2023, 02:00 PM

I could be wrong but this is what i was told.

During the season, there is regional and national broadcasters who do the play by play. Once playoffs hit, they turn over to the national squads, which from what i was told, Jack is not on the national team
I could be wrong, but it sounds legit

I enjoy Jacks play by play the most out of any of them. Sad he is not on.
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" 1935-Adolf Hitler
Old 04-20-2023, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell78 View Post
I could be wrong but this is what i was told.

During the season, there is regional and national broadcasters who do the play by play. Once playoffs hit, they turn over to the national squads, which from what i was told, Jack is not on the national team
I could be wrong, but it sounds legit

I enjoy Jacks play by play the most out of any of them. Sad he is not on.
you are 100% correct.
Old 04-20-2023, 03:32 PM

Default Jack and Louie

I guess I am out in left field by myself on this but honestly I can't stand Jack droning on about music and movies and everything else I dont care about. I myself am "under duress" just listening to him.
Heck, did you hear him the other day just out of the blue say "the brass band is playing" and then carried on with actually calling the play for once.

And, he must have some program in front of him with every useless stat on the planet that he tosses out one after another. Who cares if Kopitar's brother played soccer with Jerome Iginla's sister?

Take a stopwatch to his rambling. Its excessive. And then when Louie gets going its comical. They are two colour commentators. We only need one.
Jack drones on and on and then suddenly says "over to Draisaitl - he scores!" like we didn't already see it for ourselves. You're too late Jack!

How many times has my wife asked me "what's the penalty for?" Those two are too busy to even know. Maybe a new fan or an older person with poor eyesight (I am neither)would have liked to know who passed the puck, or who hit whom. But nope.

I am of he opinion that hockey should be called like Rod Phillips did it. Where a fan can close their eyes and know exactly what is going on on the ice. Imagine a blind person trying to listen to his play by play.
I do believe that what Jack wants is his over enthusiastic voice on every historic replay of the goals that 97 and 29 score. Nothing much more.
And if I was McDavid's agent or Oilers brass I would be leaning on Sportsnet to have Jack instead find stuff about the team or the staff or something different about 97 to talk about. The best players in the world are right there and we get to learn about the history of ABBA from Jack and Louie.
Yes I think Harn could be a little more entertaining.
My own ramble.
kidd
Old 04-20-2023, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd View Post
I guess I am out in left field by myself on this but honestly I can't stand Jack droning on about music and movies and everything else I dont care about. I myself am "under duress" just listening to him.
Heck, did you hear him the other day just out of the blue say "the brass band is playing" and then carried on with actually calling the play for once.

And, he must have some program in front of him with every useless stat on the planet that he tosses out one after another. Who cares if Kopitar's brother played soccer with Jerome Iginla's sister?

Take a stopwatch to his rambling. Its excessive. And then when Louie gets going its comical. They are two colour commentators. We only need one.
Jack drones on and on and then suddenly says "over to Draisaitl - he scores!" like we didn't already see it for ourselves. You're too late Jack!

How many times has my wife asked me "what's the penalty for?" Those two are too busy to even know. Maybe a new fan or an older person with poor eyesight (I am neither)would have liked to know who passed the puck, or who hit whom. But nope.

I am of he opinion that hockey should be called like Rod Phillips did it. Where a fan can close their eyes and know exactly what is going on on the ice. Imagine a blind person trying to listen to his play by play.
I do believe that what Jack wants is his over enthusiastic voice on every historic replay of the goals that 97 and 29 score. Nothing much more.
And if I was McDavid's agent or Oilers brass I would be leaning on Sportsnet to have Jack instead find stuff about the team or the staff or something different about 97 to talk about. The best players in the world are right there and we get to learn about the history of ABBA from Jack and Louie.
My own ramble.
kidd

Rod Phillips was the king.
Old 04-20-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidd View Post

My own ramble.
kidd
You got my vote, he’s calling the play by play then… SQUIRREL.

Last year my uncles roommates girlfriends, all came to an oilers game, and you remember Louie that’s when the popcorn guy spilled his tray in the blue section and… by the time his story is done 3 goals have been scored.

Both him and Louie get muted a lot.
Old 04-21-2023, 12:45 PM

Good luck fellas, you're gonna need it I think.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
I wonder how many periods Yamamoto will last. I hope they go deep and bring lord Stanley home. But this is big boy hockey now and 56 doesn’t have the size needed for what they’re about to endure.

BW

Hopefully not long. Worst forward on the roster.
Old 04-21-2023, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trochu View Post
good luck fellas, you're gonna need it i think.

Fooorree!
Old 04-21-2023, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Good luck fellas, you're gonna need it I think.
Lol. Should make it a sig until they are out.
Old 04-21-2023, 07:41 PM

Hey are any Kings fans up for a straight on win-lose wager tonight? Papa needs a new pair of shoes.
Old 04-21-2023, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Hey are any Kings fans up for a straight on win-lose wager tonight? Papa needs a new pair of shoes.
Pretty sure any flames fan is tonight. Minus sundance……
Old 04-21-2023, 08:05 PM

Oooooohhh baby!!!!

Gimunngus game tonight folks!!!

We dominate!!!!

Go MIGHTY OIL!!!!!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 04-21-2023, 08:17 PM

My buddy called the score for the first two games. Bang on including the overtime Kings goal in the first game. He says 5-1 Oil tonight. I hope he goes three for three
Old 04-21-2023, 08:18 PM

Wahoo!! Game 3 for the series lead baby!! GO OIL!!!
Old 04-21-2023, 11:21 PM

Thumbs down

Can’t clear the puck and got owned !!
Old 04-21-2023, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Well, that one was dumb and there we go.
Applies here too, just like it did in game one in regards to the penalty in OT. Oh well, they gave good effort.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:30 PM

Thanks for that stupid penalty Draisaitl costing the Oiler's the game. Kings scored 18 secs into the penalty tying it up. Next game is a must win now. Go down 3 games to 1 and you are in big trouble.
Old 04-21-2023, 11:31 PM

Draisaitl has to stop chopping at guys and getting immature penalties after he was all talk about being more mature after game 1. Sure looked like highstick to me.