Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-11-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodfisher View Post
Dear Mr snapfisher;

You apparently have no understanding of what the ACA does...nor have ever been to their website;

ALL numbers I have quoted come directly from the ACA website;

Number of fish and waterbodies stocked;

https://www.ab-conservation.com/down...ual_report.pdf

On page 2 it states;

"106090 twenty cm long trout (95250 rainbow. 5000 brown and 5840 brook trout) were stocked into 63 ponds"

The CEO salary also comes from this annual report, as do the revenue sources. The employee count/make up comes from the staff list available on the ACA website.

I suggest that you take some time to read the annual report so that you can see how your money that is being directed to the ACA is being spent.

Sadly,most don't even have a clue as to what the ACA does.

The number you quote regarding fish stocking INCLUDE the ones stocked by AEP.....that has NOTHING to do with the ACA dollars.

NO useless conversation here...
Thank you for the clarification.

That makes much more sense. I was thinking of overall stocking ( not just ACA) numbers and I'd guess Snapfisher was as well.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipco View Post
Thank you for the clarification.

That makes much more sense. I was thinking of overall stocking ( not just ACA) numbers and I'd guess Snapfisher was as well.
Yep exactly. Kind of hard to follow your trail flyrodfisher but you made it clearer so thanks.

And, yes, been to the ACA many times and understand it. It is more your poor communications that led to it. Maybe give that a thought Mr. FlyRodFisher.

Useless applies to the other arguments over charging seniors for licenses. Really? I can take the word of the actual senior forum members on here who say they are okay paying. Good on you, really! I remember my own dad, rest his soul, and how much he appreciated the privilege of not paying. Most of the seniors of that time are living at or way below the poverty line. And, above all, I think they've earned a friggin break. The government takes way to much from our seniors. While tossing in a free license is a drop in the bucket, it is something at least and I hope brings a smile to the face of some. License aside, there should be more and more perks added for seniors than what they see today.

I don't know of any of you that don't agree that have actually done the taxes for your parents or a senior that lives at or below the poverty line. If you did, you might have a different way of thinking about it. My wife is a Social Worker and did 10 years supporting seniors. I can tell you stories that she told me that would make you shake your head. It helps to give me a different perspective on things.

Note, these last two paragraphs are not directed at you Mr. FlyRodFisher. Thought I better be clear in my communication.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Yep exactly. Kind of hard to follow your trail flyrodfisher but you made it clearer so thanks.

And, yes, been to the ACA many times and understand it. It is more your poor communications that led to it. Maybe give that a thought Mr. FlyRodFisher
Poor communication?

This is what I said in a previous post;

"The ACA stocked 63 ponds last year with a total of 106,090 trout"

Can't get much clearer than that.

Regardless...as this thread has drifted a bit...I will start a new one.
Old 04-28-2020, 10:32 AM

Today I saw a video of the ACA stocking trout in Taber, Foremost, and a few other places. Hopefully stocking isn't affected too terribly.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:27 PM

Default Will covid 19 kill

Does any one know if ACA is currently doing stocking of trout? Diplomat Mine Pond specifically. Thanks, keep safe.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:51 PM

Default Will covd

Quote:
Originally Posted by wind drift View Post
What a gross misuse of our licence funds. There’s no way a not for profit organization with a staff of less than 100 doing work for AEP and us should compensate its head that richly. The board should be fired and the agreement with AEP ripped up.
Absolutely!
Old 04-29-2020, 04:29 AM

ACA's list of stocked lakes for 2020 (only 4 stocked so far; remainder pending)

https://www.ab-conservation.com/prog...stocked-lakes/
Old 04-29-2020, 08:53 AM

Default Will covid

Thanks for providing that info.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:16 PM

Until this Covid budget mess is over, raise license fees for all, but make sure the funds are directed to stocking and not just sucked up as general government revenue.

Seniors (and I'm getting close) should pay to fish also, maybe at a discounted rate.

When I go fishing to an Alberta lake, taking into account the cost of gas, wear and tear on my vehicle, the price of bait and any new fishing tackle, etc, etc, the $28 for an annual license fee is nothing. I'm glad that it's nothing, but in troubled economic times I don't mind if it goes up, so long as the funds are invested into stocking programs (that otherwise might be cancelled).
Old 04-29-2020, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopod View Post
Until this Covid budget mess is over, raise license fees for all, but make sure the funds are directed to stocking and not just sucked up as general government revenue.
You guys really need to pay attention to where your license fee goes.
VERY little goes into general revenue

It's in the regs….and here it is again;

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=379631

It also discusses the fact that increased license fees do NOT equal more stocked fish.

Last edited by flyrodfisher; 04-29-2020 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 11:43 PM

deleted
Old 04-30-2020, 12:23 AM

flyrodfisher, I think I basically agree with you, and I realize where the fees go is all laid out in the regs. But I still would support higher fees, at least while we are recovering from this economic mess, as long as those fees are specifically used for stocking programs.

Otherwise I fear the govt might just cancel stocking, or re-direct fees that were previously used for stocking, since budgets are a mess and fishing is not a priority item, at least not when compared to hospital budgets, unemployment, etc.

If increased license fees DID equal more stocked fish, and it was clearly specified that higher fees are directed to fish stocking, then I think many fishers might support a fee increase.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isopod View Post
flyrodfisher, I think I basically agree with you, and I realize where the fees go is all laid out in the regs. But I still would support higher fees, at least while we are recovering from this economic mess, as long as those fees are specifically used for stocking programs.

Otherwise I fear the govt might just cancel stocking, or re-direct fees that were previously used for stocking, since budgets are a mess and fishing is not a priority item, at least not when compared to hospital budgets, unemployment, etc.

If increased license fees DID equal more stocked fish, and it was clearly specified that higher fees are directed to fish stocking, then I think many fishers might support a fee increase.
Thousands out of work for months probably, and you think its great to raise fees. so what do the people who are too broke to eat give up, 2 or 3 meals? you want to put more money into the stocking programs raise it yourself or donate some of your pay checks. leave the rest of the population who may be having serious financial issues alone!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 04-30-2020, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Thousands out of work for months probably, and you think its great to raise fees. so what do the people who are too broke to eat give up, 2 or 3 meals? you want to put more money into the stocking programs raise it yourself or donate some of your pay checks. leave the rest of the population who may be having serious financial issues alone!
Looks like someone needs to have a Snickers.
Old 04-30-2020, 03:55 PM

Todd making $300000 a year is a travesty on all fronts. That's more money than any AEP biologist...
Old 04-30-2020, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinefredCommander View Post
Todd making $300000 a year is a travesty on all fronts. That's more money than any AEP biologist...
Premier Kenney only makes about $200,000
Old 04-30-2020, 05:36 PM

No cutties will be stocked this year due to the Job Lake spawning camp being cancelled.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:51 PM
Suspended User

After looking at the stocking plan and report, there will be far less lakes and ponds stocked. Several that I fish are not listed.

https://open.alberta.ca/publications/fish-stocking-list
Old 05-07-2020, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDave View Post
After looking at the stocking plan and report, there will be far less lakes and ponds stocked. Several that I fish are not listed.

https://open.alberta.ca/publications/fish-stocking-list
Not true;
The list is not current and only has the stocking to date...it is usually a few days behind.
Currently stocking now.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:44 AM

Does anyone know if the stocking has been done according the planned stocking report here:

https://open.alberta.ca/opendata/planned-trout-stocking

I'm mostly curious if the planned stocking for lakes in and around Edmonton were done over the last couple days?