Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-05-2020, 12:00 PM

Default On line fishing license renewal?

When you renew your fishing license on line through Alberta Relm, do you receive a copy of the license in the mail? Thanks for your help.
Old 04-05-2020, 12:08 PM

No. You print it off and sign it Did mine yesterday
Old 04-05-2020, 01:10 PM

Default Licence

Quote:
Originally Posted by old dog View Post
No. You print it off and sign it Did mine yesterday
This
Old 04-05-2020, 02:16 PM

...or install the AlbertaRELM app on your mobile device. You don't need a paper copy if you produce your license through the app. Cellular connectivity is not required to access your licenses through the app. All you need is a powered mobile device.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:24 PM

Default On line fishing license

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
...or install the AlbertaRELM app on your mobile device. You don't need a paper copy if you produce your license through the app. Cellular connectivity is not required to access your licenses through the app. All you need is a powered mobile device.
The problem with this, I have found, is that you need a separate phone for each app. My wife and I share the same phone, so hers won’t show up on the app. I’m going to print our licenses so we can have them with us. This app/electronic thing is just another typical government cluster f..k. It’s a pain on the butt for us old guys who aren’t exactly computer proficient. Leave it up to the government to screw up something that was already working just fine.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:26 PM

Oh, and by the way, thanks guys for giving me advise on this. Have a great day.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
Didn't know about the app, thanks

I'm sure there will be an update soon to add more than one profile on the same device.
Old 04-05-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
The problem with this, I have found, is that you need a separate phone for each app. My wife and I share the same phone, so hers won’t show up on the app. I’m going to print our licenses so we can have them with us. This app/electronic thing is just another typical government cluster f..k. It’s a pain on the butt for us old guys who aren’t exactly computer proficient. Leave it up to the government to screw up something that was already working just fine.
No offense but how many people share a phone nowadays

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
It's not a govt screw up. It's an alternative. You can still go ahead printing and signing a license. I'm an old guy and I appreciate this stuff, working with technology all my life, this is a welcome bonus.
Old 04-05-2020, 04:18 PM

Yeah, I know you are right. My problem is, like my daughters keep telling me, I’m way too old school.