Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-01-2014, 05:21 PM
AO Sponsor

Default Hunter Hosting USA Relatives

Questions on hunter hosting relatives from the USA... Can they apply for and buy more than two tags? Apply for as in their written Hunter Host Application?

Also, can they get in on the draws somehow?
Old 09-01-2014, 06:22 PM

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/201...egulations.pdf

See page 27.
Old 09-01-2014, 09:19 PM

No draws.

You had to start your application by early August iirc. May be too late for this year. (I may be mixing this up with BC...)

All in the regs.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Two tags only.

Non residents can apply for draws, but must apply with a resident. Priority starts at zero, I believe.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-02-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Two tags only.

Non residents can apply for draws, but must apply with a resident. Priority starts at zero, I believe.
USA residents are "non-resident aliens" and are not eligible for draws. Canadian residents are "non-residents" and can apply with a resident for some draws.
Old 09-02-2014, 09:49 AM
Gone Hunting

Thanks PP. I made a mistake. Hope the lynch mob doesn't find out.

I was going on recall. obviously it malfuntioned.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 09-02-2014, 10:21 AM

PM Kurt505, he has vast knowledge in this area.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:26 AM

Good luck on it. Going to host my brother and nephew from the States. Original plan was for my nephew next year, then brother the following year, so we could focus on my nephew next year. Seems kind of silly but following the rules I'd have to host them both next year then no one the following year.

Still think it's pretty awesome we are able to Host, as moose where they live is once in a lifetime.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:27 PM

It's all here:
A Hunter Host

Must be an adult resident, and be eligible to hold recreational hunting licences.
Must be the holder of a valid WIN and Hunter Host Licence (below).
may not provide services for gain or reward, or accept remuneration, directly or indirectly, for such services.
may host a maximum of two (2) hunters/year, either Non-residents (Canadian), Non-resident Aliens or a combination thereof. If hosting 2 Non-resident Aliens, at least 1 must be a relative.
may host Non-resident Aliens only if the host has not hosted a Non-resident Alien in the previous two (2) fiscal years (April 1 to March 31).
must report to the Fish and Wildlife office by December 31 in the year of harvest all hunting activities by the Non-resident Aliens he or she hosted. A report must be submitted even if the hunter doesn’t harvest an animal.
must accompany the hunter(s) named on his or her Hunter Host Licence while they are hunting big game under the authority of the Hunter Host Licence.
Hunter Host Licence
A resident who wishes to be a Hunter Host may purchase a Hunter Host Licence online at albertarelm.com or at any licence issuer. You must have the WIN(s) of the non-resident(s) at the time of purchase. You must ensure that the hunters you host are named on your Hunter Host Licence. If you purchase your Hunter Host licence naming one hunter and you decide to add a second hunter to your licence at a later date, you can do so at no additional charge. Return to albertarelm.com or to a licence issuer with your licence and have it amended. Once you have purchased your Hunter Host Licence, the hunters may purchase their licences.

A Hunter Host who plans to take a non-resident alien hunting must do the following:

Go to a Fish and Wildlife office in person and initiate an application (including statutory declaration). Sign it and have your signature sworn. If your Non-resident Alien is not a relative, you must start this process by August 31 or February 28 as described above.
Have the Non-resident Alien sign the application and have his or her signature sworn. If the Non-resident Alien does not have a WIN, have him or her fill out a WIN application at the same time.
Take the completed application to a Fish and Wildlife office. The application will be reviewed for final approval and keyed into the automated licensing system.
When you are notified that your application is approved, go online at albertarelm.com or to any licence issuer and purchase your Hunter Host Licence (see above) and the appropriate Wildlife Certificate and licences.

Two fiscal years between NR Aliens.( every third year)
Apply by Aug 31 for NR Aliens.
Max of 2 NR Aliens and one must be family.....

Don't forget written landowner info if you are hosting on private land.

It goes on and on.

Better luck next year I guess.

There are no absolutes