Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-18-2014, 09:09 AM

I'm 29 and live in Calgary. I'm from Nova Scotia but been living here for years now. New to hunting but looking for anyone to hunt with. Willing to hunt with other rookies and learn the game together or would love to hunt with someone that could teach me a few things.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:32 PM

Default Looking for a Sheep Hunting Partner

I am putting together a sheep hunt for the 2015 season and would like to find a partner. Am looking for a like minded individual that wants to team up and head into the mountains. I am a very experienced serious hunter. I enjoy the odd wobbly pop but am absolutely not interested in drugs.

I want to find a reliable hunting partner that can work with me over the next year getting everything in place for this hunt and hopefully if we are a good fit every season following.

Sheep hunting is physically tough so you need to be committed to being in fairly decent shape, be able to get good quality gear if you don't have it already and not want to quite and walk off the mountain before the season (see some of the sheep hunting threads).

Send me a PM if this sounds like something you might be interested in and we can go from there.

I am located in Edmonton.

Cheers.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:07 AM

Default Looking to get out with my 7 year old boy and others with similar

Hello,
New here to the forum and quite new to hunting,but have shot a couple WT here in Ab (legally). I do not yet have my PAL, and I am looking to get out with my boy and hopefully put some meat in the freezer. We are looking for someone in the Calgary area. We are willing to travel a couple hours in any direction for the chance to have me and my boy gain experience and be part of what he really has interest in. His favorite shows are all the hunting shows on Wild TV. Not looking for a free ride or to intrude on anyone's secret area's.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:57 PM

Hey im 29 from nova scotia also just moved back to calgary looking to do some duck and goose hunting this year. If your interested hit me up i know a few guys that are willing to help out with some spots but would love some more info and people to go with.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:36 PM

Looking for some waterfowl hunting partners in central Alberta for the upcoming season. I live in Rocky Mtn House and have no problem travelling to find birds. I am set up with laydown blinds, a variety of decoys and a one year old (brittish) black lab I have been training for her first season. I'm interested in field shoots and hunting over water. I take gun safety very seriously and will only hunt with like minded people. I also do a lot of upland hunting as well. If you are looking for a hunting partner private message me your details and hopefully we can get some hunts in this year. I have a flexible work schedule and plan on hunting most of October. Thanks
Old 08-25-2014, 11:06 AM

Default New waterfowler

Good day everybody,

I took up clay shooting this year and now that waterfowl season is knocking at our door I was wondering if there was anyone out there that would be willing to show me the ropes. I am from cochrane, ab but would love to head up north or out east for some hunting (anywhere within 3 hrs of calgary). I am 25 and my wife is in the process of getting her pal and hunters card so she would love to come eventually as well. I am good for evenings and weekends and I could also take the odd week day off as well. I don't have a blind or anything to do with waterfowl, other than a shotgun but when the season starts picking up I am planning on slowly building my arsenal. Let me know if you have a spot. Thanks

Daniel
Old 08-25-2014, 01:23 PM

Default Hunting anywhere between St. Paul to Bonnyville

Hey there all. I am looking for a hunting partner(s) for the upcoming season. I am still fairly new to hunting but have the basics down. I am friendly and respectful and am not into drugs or drinking while hunting (by the fire afterwards I will tip a beer or two).

Looking for people in the St. Paul to Bonnyville area. Thanks a lot and happy hunting.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:05 PM

Default Waterfowl hunter

Hey everyone my name is Rick. I am 25 years old and live on the coast of South Carolina- quite a ways off but a beautiful state if any of y'all ever make it down. I am in dental school down here and am participating in an externship at the Blackfoot Indian Reservation in Browning, MT from September 13th-29th. I was hoping to do some duck hunting in Montana but as it turns out duck season doesn't open in Montana until the weekend after I leave...

I would love nothing more than to chase some birds with like minded (safe and ethical) hunters while I am up that way. I am serious about my duck/goose hunting and will happily help out in any way I can- scouting, setting decoys or blinds, getting permission, calling, picking up decoys, calling, cleaning birds, etc... I don't just like the killing, I love everything that goes into hunting ducks and geese- especially the camaraderie.

I hunt hard back home in SC and takes several trips a year to Arkansas to hunt the flooded timber. Hunting in Canada has been a dream of mine since I began hunting ducks 12 years ago, I would be super pumped to have that experience this year.

As I mentioned I will be in Browning, Montana during the week but would be willing to drive to hunt on the weekends. Would happily repay with fishing or hunting trips in SC or Arkansas.

Thanks so much for reading, hope to hear from you!

Rick
Old 08-25-2014, 05:46 PM

Default Hunting partner in 216 wmu area.

Hey hunter type people. I am looking for someone to join me on my hunts or to join on there hunts in the 216 area. I have a moose draw and an anterless mule deer draw. Been hunting the area for a few years but don't have any real local hunting buddies.

We also do a yearly trip to the nw alberta country you could possibly join if interested. I am looking for someone who lives in the area so we could hang out outside of season too if we fit good. I am very interested this year in focusing on elk and closing my moose tag. I live out by glennifer lake area. If your interested lets maybe get together for a beer soon and get our bow hunt on and later our rifle hunt.

I got al kinda if gear just looking for a partner and a friend with same interests. My kids are too young to hunt right now and my wife is not a hunter.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:03 PM

Anyone in the Red Deer and surrounding area interested in trying to bow waterfowl his year? My name is Ian, im 27 years old and this will be my first year waterfowling out west, not really ibto shotgunning anymore and looking for a challenge. Pm me if interested! Im a very respectful hunter, and I would like to think im pretty easy to get along with, cheers!
Old 08-27-2014, 04:03 PM

Default New hunter

Hey I'm looking for someone to go hunting with I've got all I need I think, just looking for some one to go with
Old 08-28-2014, 09:08 PM

Default Edmonton based

50 yr old male,been hunting 7 yrs, not much time but managed to get a Whitetail in the freezer more often then not. No Family members or close friends are hunters so this forum, books, Wild TV and the internet have been my teachers. have always hunted alone, but think it might be nice to join up with some good people for a hunt or 2. Social drinker ( never around guns or when hunting) not really a road hunter , prefer blinds or walking.
I have no problem pitching in around camp and I am a decent cook too!
Member of the Wild wood gun club, let me know if your camp has a spot.
Old 08-30-2014, 06:13 PM

Default Would really like to hunt this year

Hey y'all! My name is Sarah I'm 26 I was raised in Texas and did a bit of hunting down there and would absolutely love to get out and get some this year. I have a bow and am a decent shot with it. I haven't killed anything with a bow yet though. I would like to think I'm good company lol I love hunting. I would be tickled if I just got to go out and learn some stuff. I don't have my PAL yet. I can clean kills so I'm not totally worthless to take along lol I live in Clive just northeast of red deer. PM me if anyone would like a hunting buddy! Thanks have a good one!
Old 08-30-2014, 06:50 PM

Default Hunting

Do you have tags or a winn card? bow hunters license? I don't mind mentoring someone, but I think you should have the basics. By the way PAL not required if you hunt with a buddy that has one and a spare gun, you just can not be alone with the gun without your friend.

Bryan
Old 08-30-2014, 09:30 PM
Banned

my hunting buddy moved away. i was going to hunt alone but i'm told it's not safe. i have big plans every year, i hunt everything anywhere.

i should be able to draw antelope any year i want but i have no one to go with (any of the tags including archery should we get so brave) so if you're looking for someone to go with next year or the year after i'm ready to go!

i want to go hunt sheep (next year fingers crossed) but i need to have a partner for that one for sure. so if you're looking for someone who wont head back down the mountain even if their tent is blown away and nowhere to be seen i'm ready to go.

i want to go hunt geese this year, i have the decoys, i have a layout blind, i have so many shotguns, i have the permissions. but i have no one to go with and calling in a flock of geese to one person isn't as much fun trust me i've done it. so if you have a layout blind/ willow blind whatever i have 3 dozen decoys 1 dozen are full body and i'm ready to go.

i've already been scouting my deer for archery season but all i need for that is a good frost to kill all the stupid mosquitoes

i have a spot scouted for elk i was going to try to finish my deer soon enough to go for one.

i have a b&c awarded black bear so i'm interested in going again but i've crossed it off the life list. that's not to say i wont go get another or help someone go get one.

i have a moose draw this year (in my old hunting partners area so we can still hunt together)

i like calling coyotes in the winter and i have tons of spots to do it but it's way easier to have a caller and a gunner and again way more fun.

i didn't get my mule deer draw at priority 5 this year so i believe i'll get it next year. obviously i put in because i found one i want but i'll just get him in archery season (i hope) it's always nice to have a helping hand to seal the deal. or if you need someone to push bush i'm down any way of the week.

i want to get out to the pheasant release site too i always have a lot of fun walking around there. my dog is fat and a bad hunter but she likes to go too

what i'm trying to get at is i have all the ingredients but one; a hunting partner.

i have hunted with many of you guys over the years, the first ever pointer party, when a group of us went to Kens place for a big goose shoot, and when we went to the pheasant release site. those were some of the best times ever.

so if there's anyone like me out there who wants to hunt everything, has multiple freezers, actually likes putting miles on their boots, doesn't hunt from a truck, has some decent experience, a whole lot of passion, just needs a hand out there send me a message and lets go fill some tags.

i live just east of Leduc so most of my spots are around my house but i'm willing to put miles on because i love hunting and it comes before everything for me.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:20 PM

I'd really like to get into some Waterfowl hunting this year. I'm going to make a go of it on my own, but if anyone would like another shotgun along on a trip, please fire me a pm. I'm in Edson and would travel up to 4 hours - preferably for a full weekend hunt.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:02 PM

Default Just moved to St. Albert

Hello everyone,

New to Edmonton just moved here from Manitoba. Would like to meet some people to hunt with. Been hunting waterfowl and some big game for the last few years now. 21 years old. Only have my guns and gear here, but could pick up a blind and some decoys if need be. Have my aluminum boat here also. Done some scouting out towards the Camrose area but not finding much like I hunted back home. Feel free to message me on here or email me if your looking for someone to go hunting with.

Thanks

rpyardworks@gmail.com
Old 09-03-2014, 11:07 AM

Default This Saturday Grouse Hunt Sept 6, 2014

Anyone wants to hit it up that is from Calgary? I'm pretty new so anyone else who is new and maybe wants to learn together is fine by me. Will prob hit sibbald flat or forestry trunk road near Waiprous... not sure. (This is where the together learning comes in...)

Let me know soon.
Old 09-03-2014, 02:51 PM

31 year old, got posted to wainwright, don't know too many people out here, looking for people to go hunting with. have firearms, licenses etc. looking to mainly get into waterfowl hunting, but definitely want to get a deer or two for the freezer this season as well. have clothes, truck, calls, decoy, kayak, etc. anybody in the area?
Of one who has done well
Old 09-03-2014, 03:04 PM

Default grouse hunting

I'm looking for someone to do some grouse hunting with. I live in edmonton and am willing to travel a couple hours out of the city to find some good lease roads either north or west of the city. I have the next week off of work. Anyways message me if you interested
Old 09-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Looking to do some bowhunting west to southwest of Calgary. Would like to find someone who would be doing the same as a safety system of sorts.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:30 PM

Hello everyone. My name is Kyle, I'm 29 and I live in Edmonton. Looking for some people who would like to become good hunting buddies. I've been hunting for a few years, from a non hunting family, mostly for deer, moose, grouse and coyotes. Have all my own gear just looking for a hunting partner that wants to hunt.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrsmatth View Post
Looking to do some bowhunting west to southwest of Calgary. Would like to find someone who would be doing the same as a safety system of sorts.
hey what are you hunting? I'm new to bowhunting and want to hunt elk in the turner valley area
Old 09-04-2014, 08:54 AM

Default goose hunting

Hey everyone I was just wondering if someone on here would like to take my brother in law and my self out goose hunting this year and possibly teach us the fundamentals of goose a hunting as neither one of us have done it but really want to try and learn. please pm me
Old 09-04-2014, 09:58 AM

Default Grouse hunting

Anyone interested in going grouse hunting tomorrow or Saturday out by lodgepole or Drayton valley? Message me if interested
Old 09-04-2014, 07:13 PM

Looking for somebody that wants to go hunting for elk (bow and rifle) in the 300s west of Rocky Mountain House, Caroline, Sundre.... Thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 PM

Default First Time Hunter

First time hunter looking for someone to hunt with in Sturgeon County and area. Looking for someone to mentor and teach me the ropes. I'm eager to learn.

Cheers
Old 09-04-2014, 10:20 PM

Hey guys and gals. I'm a born and raised Albertan. 30 year old male. Been hunting since I was a little guy although I'm newer to waterfowl hunting. I haven't had a problem getting my limit on most days. I have my own boat, mud motor and all the decoys. Even have a great honey hole. I have a usual bunch of friends that come wayerfowl hunting (over the water from a boat) with me but it looks Like I'll be alone this Saturday AM (sept 6). I'll be heading out regardless of having a partner or not. Thought I'd just toss out the friendly invite to anyone who what's to get theire feet wet. I'm lookin at paying it forward. This is intended for someone who's always wanted to try but hasn't quite made it there yet. All you need is you licences (Alberta game bird / federal licence). Having your own shotgun or waders is a bonus but I can also provide that aswell. I'm in St Albert. Will be leaving early Saturday AM. Usually limit out by noon. Send me a message with info about yourself and well go from there. If You're reading this and it's past sept 6th, don't be afraid to messge me. I'll try my best I get you out on the water and shooting.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Default Lloydminster Alberta

I'm looking for a hunting partner for water fowl in and
around lloydminster. I done some a few years ago but my buddy
moved away, looking to get back into it. I'm pretty layed back
kind of guy in my late 40s. Just want to get out some Saturdays
and shoot a bird or two and if I don't shoot anything that's ok also.
I follow the law to the latter . I have some gear such as decoys
and other things. No spot scoped out yet.
Old 09-05-2014, 10:41 AM

I am new to Calgary from Kamloops BC and living with my brother in law who is also a member of AO. I am interested in hunting on the weekends around Calgary and it would be cool to meet some other Outdoorsmen. PM me