Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-19-2014, 06:09 PM

Default Pigeon lake Mulhurst bay

Hey guys looking for a point in the right directions I'm thinking about spending a few days at the cabin at Mulhurst it would be my first time fishing the lake. I'll be flyfishing out of my kayak. Just looking for some tips if there is anywhere good to try that wouldn't be too much of a paddle I'm a little worried about weather changes on big water.
I'd just be catch and release fishing for any species. It's all fun.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2014, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray-M View Post
Hey guys looking for a point in the right directions I'm thinking about spending a few days at the cabin at Mulhurst it would be my first time fishing the lake. I'll be flyfishing out of my kayak. Just looking for some tips if there is anywhere good to try that wouldn't be too much of a paddle I'm a little worried about weather changes on big water.
I'd just be catch and release fishing for any species. It's all fun.
Thanks
Not sure how good fishing the flats is on the bay in open water but if you paddle over to eitheir point you will do fine. You don't have to do anything special to catch walleye there. If You want to keep some fish you can get a hold of some undersubscribed walleye tags right now, that is if the new website is up.

Have a great trip