Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-26-2022, 03:48 PM

Good news. Make those bugles sing in the fall.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:52 PM

That is great news to hear Carl! Glad you are staying optimistic and positive, keep up the good fight.
Old 05-26-2022, 03:53 PM

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-26-2022, 04:04 PM

That's great news for you and your family Carl!
Awesome to hear that!

Keep at it!!
Old 05-26-2022, 04:21 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

That is great news Carl, you are a warrior, keep it up and wish the best for you and yours, your in a battle like my cousin said fight like hell and don’t quite and she is still with us!
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-26-2022, 04:54 PM

That's awesome news Carl. Thanks for the update!!
Old 05-26-2022, 05:18 PM

That is outstanding news teledogs , very welcome news as well, all things considered
Cat
Old 05-26-2022, 11:26 PM

That's great news. Thanks for the update.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:30 PM

Glad to hear the good news Carl. Keep positive and spend your energy on the ones you love.
Old 05-26-2022, 11:34 PM

Carl this is great news ,never ever give up. I don't think your that kinda guy so fight like never before.

I will pray for you and your family and wish you the best in your treatment.

ALL THE BEST
JD
Old 05-26-2022, 11:42 PM

Keep given’er bud. Few extra prayers coming your way.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:03 AM

I dont know you tele but I'm cheering for you man. My little brother was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2013 and beat it. You will too.
Old 05-27-2022, 12:35 AM

Carl,

I probably opened this thread at least 4 times a day since you first posted your story. I was hoping I would read a comment by another member that would give me an idea or direction on what I could say.

I know though, every time I did open your thread, I said a prayer for you and a prayer of thanks for my life. I am so glad to hear that you have received good news on your prognosis and will continue to pray for you.

BD
Old 05-27-2022, 06:26 AM

Well this is great news!
Remain strong my friend...
Old 05-27-2022, 06:32 AM

Great news,
I knew you could beat this thing!
Old 05-27-2022, 07:06 AM

Geat new Carl. Keep battling the battle.

BW
Old 05-27-2022, 12:45 PM

Well that is some good news, keep up the fight and hang in there.
WDF
Old 05-27-2022, 01:47 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by teledogs View Post
Well AO you may not be rid of me yet...

6 days ago my diagnosis was terminal stage 4 cancer with no possible treatment. Sigh!

Yesterday I had a bone marrow biopsy (ouch!) And the diagnosis is definite. I do have multiple myeloma but the good news is I started treatment yesterday and I am being transferred to the Cross Cancer Institute today for more acute care. I was told I may be able to go home in a couple weeks with continued treatment out of the Hinton Hospital as day treatment. I am still healthy otherwise and my organs are cancer free. I look like I typically do, too bad lol. So my strength and health will carry me through this. I remain positive and hold on to no anger or remorse. I am taking this daily and very hopeful for a near normal life. There is no doubt in my mind that the support and faith of family and friends has got me to where I am today! Thanks AO for being part of that! I still believe my words in my 1st post hold true!

Thank you to everyone on AO for posting your kind words of encouragement especially to those who are in a battle like me. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you and if you need support or want to share experiences please reach out to me. It would be good for both of us! The AO support group is strong!

I am starting to blah blah blah, I just had to share this bit of good news. Never give in and keep the faith!

Sincerely
Carl
Reposted because it is nice to have some better news once in a while.

You hang in there Carl.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 05-27-2022, 04:25 PM

That's great news, the people at the cross were incredible during my treatments years ago. Cancer treatments have come a long way, stay positive, I'm sure it will feel good to get home.
Old 05-27-2022, 04:50 PM
Banned

Great to hear the improved news!
Old 05-27-2022, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Well AO you may not be rid of me yet...

6 days ago my diagnosis was terminal stage 4 cancer with no possible treatment. Sigh!

Yesterday I had a bone marrow biopsy (ouch!) And the diagnosis is definite. I do have multiple myeloma but the good news is I started treatment yesterday and I am being transferred to the Cross Cancer Institute today for more acute care. I was told I may be able to go home in a couple weeks with continued treatment out of the Hinton Hospital as day treatment. I am still healthy otherwise and my organs are cancer free. I look like I typically do, too bad lol. So my strength and health will carry me through this. I remain positive and hold on to no anger or remorse. I am taking this daily and very hopeful for a near normal life. There is no doubt in my mind that the support and faith of family and friends has got me to where I am today! Thanks AO for being part of that! I still believe my words in my 1st post hold true!

Thank you to everyone on AO for posting your kind words of encouragement especially to those who are in a battle like me. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you and if you need support or want to share experiences please reach out to me. It would be good for both of us! The AO support group is strong!

I am starting to blah blah blah, I just had to share this bit of good news. Never give in and keep the faith!

Sincerely
Carl

Hell ya!!! Keep positive and keep fighting
Old 05-28-2022, 01:32 AM

Stay strong and good luck.Glad to see you have so much support,
Old 05-28-2022, 09:31 AM

Ive been thinking about you,and was hoping for a miracle,great news,hang in there.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 06-07-2022, 06:45 AM

Default Update June 7 2022

Well it has been quite the 3 weeks...

This past week I had radiation therapy and that finished on Saturday and it went very well. My chemotherapy also started a week ago and today I get my 2nd treatment of that. So far I have been quite fortunate and have had little to no side effects! Knock on wood! The best part about today is I get to home and my continued care will be as an out patient in Hinton. My treatments now will end up preparing my body for a bone marrow transplant so I still have a bit of work ahead of me. A task I feel ready willing and able to succeed!
Again thanks to everyone for your continued support, it has been a large part of my mental well being and it gives me strength daily to face cancer!
Thank you AO!

Protect the oppressed even if an enemy, never forgive the traitor especially if he is your friend
Old 06-07-2022, 06:52 AM

Keep fighting like an angry bull! Glad to hear the side effects have been better than expected and your spirits are good.

Going home.

Great words.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:41 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Being at home is the best!
Great to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-07-2022, 07:44 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:

This past week I had radiation therapy and that finished on Saturday and it went very well. My chemotherapy also started a week ago and today I get my 2nd treatment of that. So far I have been quite fortunate and have had little to no side effects! Knock on wood! The best part about today is I get to home and my continued care will be as an out patient in Hinton. My treatments now will end up preparing my body for a bone marrow transplant so I still have a bit of work ahead of me. A task I feel ready willing and able to succeed!
Again thanks to everyone for your continued support, it has been a large part of my mental well being and it gives me strength daily to face cancer!
Thank you AO!
You are an inspiration good sir! Keep it up!
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 06-07-2022, 08:55 AM

Excellent news!...
Old 06-07-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:

Thank you AO!
Again well worth quoting.
Keep fighting! We have your back if you need us.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-07-2022, 10:34 AM

Excellent news. Plus it’s good to talk to people about cancer. My wife has stage 4 cancer. I was initially bummed out. However by talking to family, friends I turned around Quickly. She has been amazing recovery. Been four years since Immunetherapy treatment. She, best shape of her life (walking, running, weights exercises). We have accepted cancer is part of our life, and you live with it. Enjoy the moment. God Bless. 👍