Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2022, 11:38 PM

Can you keep copies of these PMs? If so, I’m sure google could correct it if he did come after your perfect record.

Regardless 4.99 stars is just a rounding error from 5 Bob. A piece of trash can’t destroy you, just merely smudge you a bit.
Old 08-06-2022, 11:51 PM

As for him leaving you a bad google review, when I see a negative review I look for a reply from the business. Often I am left to believe the reviewer is a nut job or looking for a discount and ignore it. The hotel I was at this week had a few bad ones and they had the same auto reply to all of them. Made me wonder if they actually suck, they do. They are getting another 2.5 or 3 star review from me!
Old 08-07-2022, 06:09 AM

Wow...leave for a day and I missed all the drama!...

Good job Bob!

I for one have always respected your opinions and tact.

Somebody has to invent a kick in the balls button on computers...
Old 08-07-2022, 06:37 AM

Typical blowhard cyberbully crap, I deal with it at my business as well tree huggers saving the world pass by door each day on thier pilgramages across Canada in their dilapitated buses and harrass any of the small automotive shops ( that dont comply with their views of waste disposal) along the way with the same exact threats about google and any other online venues they can find. I have always just told them go back to school at get some of the education their parents paid for and start using it to negotiate instead of threats, which result in a firm " GO POUND SALT and a free offer of a kick in the keester"
Old 08-07-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Wow...leave for a day and I missed all the drama!...

Good job Bob!

I for one have always respected your opinions and tact.

Somebody has to invent a kick in the balls button on computers...
Seems to be a lot of drama here.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 08-07-2022, 08:40 AM

Bud
You mail me sun o dat yummy brisket and Jenn’s cornbread….

An I’ll write ya 10 positive reviews to every one douchbag review.

"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 08-07-2022, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo View Post
I love how you tactfully dealt with it Bob. You’re a genuinely nice guy. Anyone that has a few brain cells above an amoeba can see that. As a Mod you are fair and honest, no doubt you run your business the same. We got your back buddy.
I agree 100% with Leo.

In adding to that, I also updated your review on Urban Expressions Wheel & Tire Inc...web site....5/5 stars.

Thanks for your effort and patience as a moderator...

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:10 AM

Bob, if this doofus does throw up a bad review just answer it for all to see. A simple "in checking our records I cannot see that you have ever frequented our establishment." "If you would care to drop by with a copy of your bill for the work you say we completed I would be more than happy to review it with you."

If you DO receive a poor review from this special Karen let us all know as well. We can review "his" review.

Last edited by 270person; 08-07-2022 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-07-2022, 09:19 AM

The absolute joys of being a moderator, be on here long enough trust me this one will look like foreplay.

I had had an instance where a newbie i must have ****ed off being a mod and made it his personal life mission to try and make my life as miserable as possible. He made a post about a guy being a wife and child beater, got pics from my social media and figured out who was who in the zoo and posted up my personal stuff and info and of course the general AO mob was ready to help this guy torch this bad guy until someone who knew me pointed it out..............Its scary as to what lengths people would go out to try and make your life absolute miserable but whole different level when they make it personal. that was definitely a low point. Dang i think we have more then enough material to write a book or two of a day in a life as a moderator lol
Old 08-07-2022, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Shooter View Post
The absolute joys of being a moderator, be on here long enough trust me this one will look like foreplay.

I had had an instance where a newbie i must have ****ed off being a mod and made it his personal life mission to try and make my life as miserable as possible. He made a post about a guy being a wife and child beater, got pics from my social media and figured out who was who in the zoo and posted up my personal stuff and info and of course the general AO mob was ready to help this guy torch this bad guy until someone who knew me pointed it out..............Its scary as to what lengths people would go out to try and make your life absolute miserable but whole different level when they make it personal. that was definitely a low point. Dang i think we have more then enough material to write a book or two of a day in a life as a moderator lol
I was telling the boys that one. I had story wrong. Thought the douchebag accused you of cheating on your wife. Now I got it straight you violent bugger!

Sigh.

I hope people realize the sht mods deal with.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2022, 09:26 AM

Idjits are every where Bob, you just have to keep weeding them out and carrying on.
Unfortunately there are many who think nothing of slandering someone here then lose it when they are told they are doing so !
Keep up the good work!
Cat
Old 08-07-2022, 09:46 AM

Internet hero’s are legends in their own minds , they never have to back up their threats they just go through life in general misery. Living by the slogan.

We’re not happy till you’re not happy.

All you can do is just keep swinging the hammer and hope they eventually get bored and move on.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
Low and behold, he replied three times consecutively telling me to "go blank myself."
Sounds like replies from a "blank" mind.
Tell him to go boil his head to improve his brain, if any.

BTW, I agree with all the AO replies here.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:53 AM

There are very real hazards of being a mod on any forum and being in business. Being a mod on AO is completely unappreciated by the ownership but greatly appreciated by the members. I have been asked many times to take a moderator spot, not in the least interested for exactly these reasons, not to mention my great lack of patience for ********s in general and a tendency for direct and easy to understand responses to same.

My strong suggestion, copy and paste the thread you deleted into a word document so you have the full chronology and details. Keep copies of all of the PMs from the person posting it, especially the threat to post a bogus negative review on your business. If you can identify his IP address, real name, email address and all other details available document that too. Warn him up front of your intention to sue him if he carries through with his pressure tactics of filing bogus reviews. You may want to have your lawyer compose and send that email that to him. If he posts the bad review, have your lawyer get a hold of him and tell him to remove it or you will proceed to sue him. IF he doesn't, then move forward and sue. You do not deserve this and you should not back down.

Last edited by Dean2; 08-07-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:03 AM

Yup, take a road trip and miss the show.

Unbelievable what levels some will go to, for what?

Good on you Bob, and thanks for being you.

There are no absolutes
Old 08-07-2022, 11:05 AM

Best way I've ever heard it said is;

They look like us,
They talk like us,
But they ain't us

Painful and insulting to deal with this kind of 'person' but nothing you can do but let it go knowing they will find (and likely already have) a new victim in a futile effort to work through their issues

That this episode concerns you is a testament to your character, never change, the world needs far more solid, responsible and upstanding people like you,
Old 08-07-2022, 11:07 AM

Default You are still the best

Being a moderator is not easy and this is an excellent example. Bob you tried your best, put it behind you. Thanks for your efforts on our behalf.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:23 AM

I wouldnt want to be doing your job,to have to listen to that type of bullying, i give these types a wide berth in real life and on social media.Its guys like you who make AO a decent forum to be a member. Thank you for your service on here and keep up the great work.
If people concentrated on the really important things in life,there would be a shortage of fishing poles.Doug larson. Theres a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. Steven Wright.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:23 AM

Default All us Mods get abused on occasion

Why just last week, a geezer I suspended and PM’d, telling him he was being an arse hole and to grow up, takes a shot at me publicly and whines. The general consensus was to ban him into oblivion, but I figured why bother. He still lurks here, and frankly doesn’t bother me in the slightest. If you’re going to act like an idjit, we’re here to call you on it. I think us Mods need a raise. 2 pool noodles!
Old 08-07-2022, 12:41 PM

Why would anyone want to be a mod on this forum?
I honestly don't see an upside to it.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
You’re right, the hell with it, me and the lad’s quit! Free for all!!!
Not!
There are some amazing people in this forum. Most I’ve met I’m proud to call friends now. There are a few malcontents and nit wits everywhere you go, here’s no different. If people post their words as if they were speaking them face to face, would be a lot less drama on social media.
Old 08-07-2022, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Just ask anyone who has been punted. It’s all about power and glory!!

Plus the weekend use of the company yacht and the hunting lodge in BC

Plus. Bob gives us all free tires
Old 08-07-2022, 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=Plus. Bob gives us all free tires [/QUOTE]

I often wondered how he recycled the old tires.......

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:11 PM

I'm still waiting for my free tires.

As to why anyone would want to be a mod? I figure anybody who wants to and actively seeks out to be a mod probably shouldn't be a mod.

I didn't want to mod. I told admin that too, when they pitched it to me. Bob guilted me into it.

But I believe this is overall a good forum, with good members, and I have enjoyed many years here and made some really good friends, it's a long list.

So, being in a position to try and keep it as positive and helpful and fun as possible, and take out the trash and clean up in aisle 5 as needed, is why I do it. Hopefully I make it better, not worse, around here.

And, the power and control is awesome too. And being able to censor people. We love being censors, deleting all those reasonable and civil posts for no damn reason whatsoever. Power, baby.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 08-07-2022, 01:23 PM

I started using Bob a few years ago and have to say, Bob and his staff are amongst the nicest people I know.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:25 PM

Quote:
They put it on their resumes, it opens up alot of options.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Just ask anyone who has been punted. It’s all about power and glory!!

Plus the weekend use of the company yacht and the hunting lodge in BC

Plus. Bob gives us all free tires
You were not supposed to mention the BC digs.

Old 08-07-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
You were not supposed to mention the BC digs.

Old 08-07-2022, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
They put it on their resumes, it opens up alot of options.
They’ve been trying to get me to mod for ever. Offering me lots of graft and special privileges. Coming out to chat. Sending me texts. So I am then just about to say yes…

…and then I woke up in cold sweats.

What a nightmare.

Shiver. Shiver. Shiver.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 08-07-2022, 06:26 PM

I could never figure out why people make life difficult for mods on this site. If you do not like the mod or the site it is pretty simple to not make the key stroke to open it.

Tire Bob you are doing a great job. Volunteering is thankless at times --- shrug this one off and know that you have support from the majority.

Thanks to you you and the other mods for your work.