Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-16-2018, 01:47 PM

Default Canon Rebel What's it Worth?

Can some of you camera experts advise on this. PM is ok or comment on the thread.

Canon Rebel 18-55mm lens with image stabilizer. Like new. Just sitting in the closet. Too fancy for this guy.

Old 09-16-2018, 02:48 PM

Google search for xsi shows $99cad new with different lens.
Lens new is ~$135

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-16-2018, 07:33 PM
Banned

Hate to say it but for example trade in value where I work (McBain Camera) would be about $75...we'd resell it for about $150 max (that is with a three month warranty).
It's the bad thing about digital...it may have sat unused in your closet, but digital technology advances so fast that there are $200 point and shoot cameras that will easily outperform an old (in digital terms) Xsi.
I've gone through quite a few digital cameras as I've upgraded. More than a few times I've just found a deserving youngster who has in interest in photography and can't afford a camera and given him my old ones.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:24 PM

Wow, that’s used to be a $1000.00 camera set... have one as well, won it in a contest 5-6 years ago and maybe used a handful of times. Since my wife and daughter got their IPhones - they pretty much replaced anything else.
I remember I was offered $800 for this camera when I won it... should’ve sold it then...
Old 09-16-2018, 10:38 PM

I'd have to check the model number to be sure but I have what I believe to be an identical camera. It's been great, I've had it for many years.

I'd sugest you learn how to run it a little and use it and enjoy it. I'vetaken some fantastic photos with mine.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Banned

I have a T3i which is leaps and bounds above that camera, 2 generations newer than that one as well. Even mine is now considered horribly outdated as the T7i is out, and has been for a little bit now.
Find a family member or youth who wants it. Just the lenses by itself would maybe get you $20 if you're lucky.