Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 08-13-2010, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI-UTE View Post

3)- catch up to coyote with truck

4)- slam on brakes

5)- crank steering wheel in such manner that truck slides/spins 180 degrees, in doing so dogs can visually see the coyote and are running/pointed in the direction of the coyote without confusion when they are released from the box.
I can't imagine the dogs see much of anything as the truck swings around in a skid on uneven ground and they are thrown repeatedly against the walls of their enclosure (and each other if you have more than one dog to a box). Seems to me they would be lucky not to be injured if this was a regular occurance.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:10 PM
waylow

There was a guy back home who ran yotes with dogs. He had some mirramar akbar/pyrenees cross, big white dogs. He would have the dogs locked in the back of the truck and drive around until he saw a yote. He would let them out and hang on to the female while letting the male go. After the male chased for a bit, he would then let the female go. She would flank way wide of the coyote and then come in for the kill from the side. Down the yote would go and when the male caught up, they would each grab and pull the yote apart...what a way to die.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:29 PM

thanks for the advice i have my bluetick coon/walker cross an love it she doesnt bawl on many trails at all, took her shed hunting but instead found a fox track an had it denned up she likes them for some odd reason but had to pull her away cause here in alberta without a permit an yadadada its illegal an wanna keep my hound instead putt it down. but maybe one day gomer will have a permit an i can let her chase the fox an dispatch it for her an let her have her glory time doin what she loves