Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-13-2011, 07:38 PM

Default Volunteers?

Nice work chub! This event looks great! I don't know who's gonna be more excited...you guys or the kids You still looking for a few more volunteers and ex-paramedics to help fish and cook?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Turk View Post
Nice work chub! This event looks great! I don't know who's gonna be more excited...you guys or the kids You still looking for a few more volunteers and ex-paramedics to help fish and cook?

Yes im looking for a few more good people to help on the ice. Extra medical staff is always good......gawd knows what Wayne Christy's injuries will be like.

Anyone who volunteers please post total numbers your bringing.
Please try your best to keep your commitment as i will have to cap the numbers of volunteers and if people cancel it presents a potential issue on what ive planned for.

thank You
Old 12-13-2011, 08:29 PM

Default volunteers

Two volunteers rain or shine. Possibly four.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Chub I tried to get my ice fishing injuries out of the way the first time I went out this year, managed to fall twice and bruise both hips, figure I should be ok til spring now! Sounds like a good idea, having a paramedic cook, or did you have to take paramedic training because of your cooking Turk?

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-13-2011, 10:10 PM

Chub...

As a firefighter/EMT, I would also like to get involved. I have also thought of something else that might help. Our REMAX office here in Cochrane has a HUGE inflatable shelter that would be great for a HQ/cookshack out on the ice. I know ATCO gas also has one as we have used it for special events we (CFD) have done with them and it is awesome. Easily 20x30 feet in size. They also have huge gas powered grills which are available for public use.

Let me know your thoughts and I can get in touch with the people who control this stuff. Maybe ATCO or REMAX would be willing to get on board. If you have some materials to present, I can give it a shot in sweet talking one or both of them to see if they will be willing to help.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 12-13-2011, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
Chub...

As a firefighter/EMT, I would also like to get involved. I have also thought of something else that might help. Our REMAX office here in Cochrane has a HUGE inflatable shelter that would be great for a HQ/cookshack out on the ice. I know ATCO gas also has one as we have used it for special events we (CFD) have done with them and it is awesome. Easily 20x30 feet in size. They also have huge gas powered grills which are available for public use.

Let me know your thoughts and I can get in touch with the people who control this stuff. Maybe ATCO or REMAX would be willing to get on board. If you have some materials to present, I can give it a shot in sweet talking one or both of them to see if they will be willing to help.
Wow that steps the event up big time
can you please pm me your phone number so we can discuss liabilities etc. i will try call you tomorrow or when ever is convienient for you.
Im not trying to be a party popper but as you can imagine when dealing with kids there is a legal and liabilty nightmare to wade thru.

What im using as a intro letter is the amended agenda letter i posted above...the one where the events name is annouced.

The Fisherman Guy is in charge of organizing the cooking equipment so i will touch base with him on barbques.

Last but not least thank you for volunteering to help guide kids on the ice
Old 12-13-2011, 11:27 PM

ive got a few pm's asking whats the volunteer cap mean

simply if your not on the list to assist the kids with fishing you just cant participate. PCR is a public place so yes - anyone can observe.
We will mark all registered volunteers some how and those marked volunteers will have to police who has contact with the children or event activities. Before anyone flames me.....i didnt make that rule and i hope everyone respects it now and event day.

as of right now i have this list from AO
Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Wayne Christy and his Warden
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
Chubb (+2)

Yes there is another list of people with no forum names.

thanks to you all

Last edited by chubbdarter; 12-13-2011 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:04 AM

amended in red
>Volunteers and Sponsors proudly present the 1st Annual Boys and Girls Club Icefishing Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>
> The event will happen on FEB. 25th 2012, from 10am to 3pm. Weather permitting. Actual location will be determined with updated fishing reports prior to the event. The location must be in the general location of the boat launch parking lot to facilitate the buses and access to wash rooms
>In the event of bad weather the directors of the boys and girls club will make the final decision on the event proceeding.
> This is a non competitive event with every child being a winner and receiving a participation prize.
> Food and beverages will be provided for all in the form of hot-dogs and hot chocolate/juice.
> All liability insurance for the children will be provided by the B@G clubs and Walleye Unlimited will act as the liaison between the B&G club.
> The Boys and Girls club will be responsible for the transportation of the children
> Walleye Unlimited will have addressed the CFE issues if there is any.
>Walleye Unlimited will look after all licensing issues
> No alcohol or illegal substances are permitted.
> A first Aid kit will be on site for minor scrapes and all medical attention will be administerd by a B@G Club representative
> All participants will follow the Regulations of the Alberta Government
> SRD will be invited to attend in the event data can be collected and at the very least have lunch with us.
> Regional conservation officers will also be invited to overview the event and have lunch with us.
> All holes will be drilled prior to the start of the event and ice safety will be addressed. All tackle will be supplied by sponsors and volunteers. All bait will be supplied.
>All Childen will be asked to come dressed according to conditons and bring a lawn chair if possible.
>No snowmobiles or quads will be allowed for the childrens safety
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> 2-POSSIBLE SKATING, ICE DEPENDANT
> 3-A rotation system will be put in place for tent and camera time for the children
> 4-A GROUP PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN AND ITS OUR HOPE TO MAKE A SMALL VIDEO OF THE EVENT.
> 5-FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED ALL DAY
> 6-VOLUNTEERS WILL MEET AT 8 AM FOR A LAST MINUTE TEAM MEETING AND SET-UP THE EVENT
>All fishing guide volunteers will be asked to bring Tip Ups if possible
> I have received a few contacts which state they are unable to attend for numerous reasons but would still like to help with monies. All monies will be used for the event and any excess will be passed on to a charitable organization. A complete break down will be released at the end of the event. On behalf of the children we thank you all for your contributions.
> NO SMOKING will be allowed amoungst the Children by our volunteers, a smoking area will be designated.....down wind
> I will make this perfectly clear: ANY AND ALL VOLUNTEERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF WALLEYE UNLIMITED AND AT NO TIME WILL YOU BE SOLICITATED TO JOIN. Walley Unlimited is a important connection to the B@G club with a history of holding prior events
>
> Enviroment issues will be the Walleye Unlimited clubs responsibilty. Garbage will be cleaned up by volunteers. Even a spilled drink like a hot chocalate will be shovelled up and removed from the lake. As a conservation organization leave only foot prints in the snow and on the ice. This is not debatable!!
> All fisherman unaware of the event will be treated with respect.
>This event is only possible with the generous spirit of all volunteers and the involvement of our sponsors. I ask everyone to support all the sponsors who have kindly donated to this event. Banners will proudly be flown at the event if provided and public printing of our appreciation will be announced.
>
>
> WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. YOUR KINDNESS WILL LIVE IN THE MEMORIES OF THE CHILDREN FOR MANY YEARS.
>
>
>
> TAKE A KID FISHING AND FISHING LIVES FOREVER

I am open to suggestions and modifications but please realize some of my decisions are bound by the legallities that have been made aware to me in my investigations.

thank you all
Old 12-14-2011, 01:57 AM

I have secured a registered nurse for the event chubb.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:36 AM

[QUOTE=slivers86;1206833]I have secured a registered nurse for the event chubb.[/QUOTE

Noice work. Thanks sliver
Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all
Old 12-14-2011, 03:27 PM

GL2 has secured from a annonmous donator
400- cups
1000- napkins
400- servings of hot chocolate
400- servings of ice tea
400-stir sticks
Thank You GL2 for all you have done, your effort on this matter plus the enormous help youve provided on other crucial matters is priceless. I will not forget your contributions.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:33 PM

If the volunteer cap is raised or if you have cancellations count me in. I can bring a tent, heater and at least one camera and bunch of ice rods. I have one new rod combo that I can donate as a prize.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaAngler View Post
If the volunteer cap is raised or if you have cancellations count me in. I can bring a tent, heater and at least one camera and bunch of ice rods. I have one new rod combo that I can donate as a prize.
AA we are close to the cap .
I gladly accept your participation in the event...please post the number of people you will be bringing to volunteer
thank You very much for your time and the prize
Old 12-14-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
I gladly accept your participation in the event...please post the number of people you will be bringing to volunteer
Just me.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaAngler View Post
Just me.

No such thing a "just me"
your contribution is very generous and i thank you and that goes to All involved wether its time or donations....this simply cant happen with out All of you.
Thanks will never be enough, Im sure the smiles on the Children will be repayment enough

Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
AlbertaAngler
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all
Old 12-14-2011, 05:33 PM

Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7+ Girlfriend
Hogslayer
Dan Foss
AlbertaAngler
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all
Old 12-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slivers86 View Post
I have secured a registered nurse for the event chubb.
dont forget to feed her and change her water daily, its a long time til february

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-14-2011, 07:37 PM

GL2 has now secured Drinks and Cups from Macdonalds
what can i say GL2.....i owe you a winter of secret walleye spots with chubb quality bait
Old 12-14-2011, 07:46 PM

updated agenda
please excuse my poor writing techniques

>Sponsors and Volunteers proudly presents the 1st annual Boys and Girls Club Fun Day at Pine Coulee Reservoir
>This event will envolve approximately 100 children and 50 adult volunteers
> The event will happen on FEB. 25th 2012, from 10am to 3pm. Weather permitting. Actual location will be determined with updated fishing reports prior to the event. The location must be in the general location of the boat launch parking lot to facilitate the buses and access to wash rooms
>In the event of bad weather the directors of the boys and girls club will make the final decision on the event proceeding.
> This is a non competitive event with every child being a winner and receiving a participation prize.
> Food and beverages will be provided for all in the form of hot-dogs and hot chocolate/juice. All allergies that the Children may have is the responsibilty of the Boys and Girl club's supervisors.
> All liability insurance for the children will be provided by the B@G <mailto:B@G> clubs and Walleye Unlimited will act as the liaison between the B&G club.
> The Boys and Girls club will be responsible for the transportation of the children
> Walleye Unlimited will have addressed the CFE issues if there is any.
>Walleye Unlimited will look after all licensing issues
> No alcohol or illegal substances are permitted.
> No Smoking amoung the children will be allowed, a smoking area will be designated
> No pictures can be publically posted without permission
> A first Aid kit will be on site for minor scrapes and all medical attention will be administerd by a B@G Club representative
> All participants will follow the Regulations of the Alberta Government
> SRD will be invited to attend in the event data can be collected and at the very least have lunch with us.
> Regional conservation officers will also be invited to overview the event and have lunch with us.
> All holes will be drilled prior to the start of the event and ice safety will be addressed. All tackle will be supplied by sponsors and volunteers. All bait will be supplied.
>All Childen will be asked to come dressed according to conditons and bring a lawn chair if possible.
>No snowmobiles or quads will be allowed for the childrens safety
> Events will include:
> 1- ICE FISHING
> 2-POSSIBLE SKATING, ICE DEPENDANT
> 3-A rotation system will be put in place for tent and camera time for the children
> 4-A GROUP PHOTO WILL BE TAKEN AND ITS OUR HOPE TO MAKE A SMALL VIDEO OF THE EVENT.
> 5-FOOD AND DRINKS WILL BE PROVIDED ALL DAY
> 6-VOLUNTEERS WILL MEET AT 8 AM FOR A LAST MINUTE TEAM MEETING AND SET-UP THE EVENT
>All fishing guide volunteers will be asked to bring Tip Ups if possible
> I have received numerous contacts which state they are unable to attend for numerous reasons but would still like to help with monies. All monies will be used for the event and any excess will be passed on to a charitable organization. A complete break down will be released at the end of the event. On behalf of the children we thank you all for your contributions.
>
> I will make this perfectly clear: ANY AND ALL VOLUNTEERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF WALLEYE UNLIMITED AND AT NO TIME WILL YOU BE SOLICITATED TO JOIN. Walley Unlimited is a important connection to the B@G club with a history of holding prior events
>
> Enviroment issues will be the Walleye Unlimited clubs responsibilty. Garbage will be cleaned up by volunteers. Even a spilled drink like a hot chocalate will be shovelled up and removed from the lake. As a conservation organization leave only foot prints in the snow and on the ice. This is not debatable!!
> All fisherman unaware of the event will be treated with respect.
>This event is only possible with the generous spirit of all volunteers and the involvement of our sponsors. I ask everyone to support all the sponsors who have kindly donated to this event. Banners will proudly be flown at the event if provided and public printing of our appreciation will be announced.
>
>
> WE THANK EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. YOUR KINDNESS WILL LIVE IN THE MEMORIES OF THE CHILDREN FOR MANY YEARS.
>
>
>
> TAKE A KID FISHING AND FISHING LIVES FOREVER
Old 12-15-2011, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
dont forget to feed her and change her water daily, its a long time til february
Oh, I will... unfortunately, her hubby will probably fish the lake elsewhere during the derby
Old 12-15-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:

my lovely wife will be attending as well to lend a hand where needed. i will also bring at least a dozen rigged tip-ups if some of the other guys need to utilize any my group isn't using.

Dace
Old 12-15-2011, 04:30 PM

Shimano Canada has commited their involvement to the event now

Zebco/Qauntum has commited their involvement to the event now

Last but not least a AO member who chooses to remain anounymous has offered to donate 500 dollars to the event.....words cant express my gratitude enough. It is needed for expenses and will be a make such a difference

Huge THANK YOU
Old 12-15-2011, 04:45 PM

here is the first prototype of the participation award for the children
i was unable to find a medal i liked, so i have come up with plan B.
With GL2 and his Wife we have designed a unique award. A gold spoon with custom logo attached to a fishing lanyard.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:

here is the first prototype of the participation award for the children
i was unable to find a medal i liked, so i have come up with plan B.
With GL2 and his Wife we have designed a unique award. A gold spoon with custom logo attached to a fishing lanyard.
Awesome looking award.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:04 PM

Looks good to me.

So what do we still need for gear to be donated? I am still waiting for a couple store managers to get back to me. I think I may pay them another visit tomorrow and see what's up.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
my lovely wife will be attending as well to lend a hand where needed. i will also bring at least a dozen rigged tip-ups if some of the other guys need to utilize any my group isn't using.

Dace

Mudslide
Npauls
GL2 + wife
Horsetrader
Chesterfield
Slivers86 + Nurse
Ogre
Fish Farmer
Daceminnow + lovely wife
Dago
The Fisherman Guy
Mikeo2
Big Turk(2)
Jack@7+ Girlfriend
Hogslayer+ Son
Dan Foss
AlbertaAngler
Chubb (+2)

thanks to you all
Old 12-15-2011, 05:09 PM

The Fisherman Guy has generously donated the Propane for the Barbques

thanks buddy and thanks for taking organizing duties too
Old 12-15-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Looks good to me.

So what do we still need for gear to be donated? I am still waiting for a couple store managers to get back to me. I think I may pay them another visit tomorrow and see what's up.
I could use at least 12 of the cheap plastic ice scoops for kids to share and clean their own holes.
5 gallon buckets for kids with no lawn chairs, or carpet pieces to kneel on.

and a few more cash donations to cover other expenses.

For a 1st annual and for its size, we are looking very good.

It seems like there is no need to worry as its months away but the fact is many aspects of a event require months of preparation. Especially dealing with larger companies and the delivery of items.

Soon i will need to shut down all furthur ideas and sponsorship so a solid event agenda can be put in place. Last minute ideas will just confuse the event. Those new ideas can sure be injected next year.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:21 PM

Ok I will see what I can do and let you know.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 PM

Almost all legal issues have finally been dealt with, with a stack of paper work being stamped "passed" or "accepted"
The remaining paper work is in processing with nothing being in limbo waiting for approval.
SRD is still in conversation. Its my hope they will involve some sort of fish study.....it would be educational for young and old.

Bait, sanitary, along with items mentioned above still need to be sorted out.