Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-28-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Never having hunted Suffield or surrounding area I have another question. Where do you stay at night? Are there towns within reasonable driving distance with hotels/motels? Is Bassano close enough to be viable?
I know some hardcore hunters that have told me they will be sleeping in thier trucks, but I am not that hardcore, esp. in Feb.
Brooks is an option (it is a lot closer than Bassano) however Medicine Hat is arguably your best bet ....... not to mention one of the closest (20-25 minutes down the Trans Canada to the base). Good cross section of hotels and a wide variety of restaurants. Redcliff is slightly closer but has less selection for accommodation.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by residentguide View Post
Totally different. Open your eyes and tell me the difference.

i am going to apply and so is every person I know. We are going to go watch the elk and not shoot any. This is a cull only not a hunt. I don't condone culls. They should transplant or have a regular hunt annual that is not late like this cull.
Not one moderator to ban this. ???

This is cull hunt and it does not matter if cow is 2 weeks pregnant as at end of September or 5 m pregnant.
If you have problem with this be vegetarian.

This is forum for meat eaters not vegetarians.

Elk population got out of hand at Suffield and SRD is trying to correct this by issuing multiple tags to stop from getting worse.
This creates opportunity for many hunters to divert their harvest from supplemental WT does or others to elk.
If you feel that your zone can't support extra deer tags come and feel your freezer with this management Elk.

I did help my friend to harvest cow in November at Suffield and will help out if any of my friends wins February draw.

150 TTSX vs Goat-WOW
http://youtu.be/37JwmSOQ3pY
Old 12-28-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
i am going to apply and so is every person I know. We are going to go watch the elk and not shoot any. This is a cull only not a hunt. I don't condone culls. They should transplant or have a regular hunt annual that is not late like this cull.

That is one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum yet.
And that bar is set pretty high.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
That is what I was afraid of before. Your posts are scary and worrisome. You have no logical basis for anything you have posted on this thread and are quite willing to try to sabotage other hunters and the game managers. Your views are myopic and your attitude selfish.

Last edited by FCLightning; 12-28-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packhuntr View Post
Res.Guide. U realize that its talk like your doing here in this thread that is not just primarily, but exactly what forms the reasoning behind why the voice of the Ab resident simply cannot and will not be heard with regards to the management of our fish, wildlife and habitat, on any level, hey...
No this is not what what makes up Esrd decisions. They make descions on one aspect and forget about the rest. Then people bitch about it then then Esrd makes a knee jerk reaction to that and drops the ball on everything else. Then you end up with a elk herd which should have never been transplanted to Suffield. Only reason they were transplanted is the guy leading the transplant wanted a prairie hunt in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrzej View Post
Not one moderator to ban this. ???

This is cull hunt and it does not matter if cow is 2 weeks pregnant as at end of September or 5 m pregnant.
If you have problem with this be vegetarian.

This is forum for meat eaters not vegetarians.

Elk population got out of hand at Suffield and SRD is trying to correct this by issuing multiple tags to stop from getting worse.
This creates opportunity for many hunters to divert their harvest from supplemental WT does or others to elk.
If you feel that your zone can't support extra deer tags come and feel your freezer with this management Elk.

I did help my friend to harvest cow in November at Suffield and will help out if any of my friends wins February draw.
So why should I be banned? Am I not aloud to voice my opinion? I never put anybody down nor did I break any forum rules. I am not a vegetarian. I actually just finished making elk sausage and deer jerky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
That is one of the dumbest things I've read on this forum yet.
And that bar is set pretty high.
Not even in that league. Like I said I will do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
That is what I was afraid of before. Your posts are scary and worrisome. You have no logical basis for anything you have posted on this thread and are quite willing to try to sabotage other hunters and the game managers. Your views are myopic and your attitude selfish.
So what I have a view. None of this would be going on till the farmer went to the media and let all the non hunter press this issue. If it was for 10% of our population nothing would have changed with this hunt or any of the others that went to general archery. Please tell me how I am being selfish cause I think this hunt should happen in a different time of the year and should not have 2 tags. I am not sabotaging any bodies hunt. Esrd does not need my help screwing up on anything. Nice try though.

Last edited by residentguide; 12-28-2014 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:21 PM

Default February suffield cow elk quota hunt

Can we all agree to stop arguing with residentguide here. Its getting no where and it just draws attention to his non-hunter cause.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
No this is not what what makes up Esrd decisions. They make descions on one aspect and forget about the rest. Then people bitch about it then then Esrd makes a knee jerk reaction to that and drops the ball on everything else. Then you end up with a elk herd which should have never been transplanted to Suffield. Only reason they were transplanted is the guy leading the transplant wanted a prairie hunt in the future.

So why should I be banned? Am I not aloud to voice my opinion? I never put anybody down nor did I break any forum rules. I am not a vegetarian. I actually just finished making elk sausage and deer jerky.

Not even in that league. Like I said I will do it.

So what I have a view. None of this would be going on till the farmer went to the media and let all the non hunter press this issue. If it was for 10% of our population nothing would have changed with this hunt or any of the others that went to general archery. Please tell me how I am being selfish cause I think this hunt should happen in a different time of the year and should not have 2 tags. I am not sabotaging any bodies hunt. Esrd does not need my help screwing up on anything. Nice try though.
Goodbye Justin
Old 12-28-2014, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Totally different. Open your eyes and tell me the difference.

No, Answer the question. What is the difference between Shooting Cows at different times of the year when the goal is to reduce the herd?

Jamie
Old 12-29-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanonfodder View Post
Goodbye Justin
Old 12-29-2014, 12:58 AM
Banned

Can someone please explain to me why everyone was so dead set on saying residentguide was JustinC? Don't get me wrong, they are both total morons and deserved to be banned.

But the writing styles of the two members were completely different. JustinC could barely spell his own name. Have a look through the past history of posts of his, not even close to the same writing style. Did Justin discover hooked on phonics? I could never see any evidence that these to members were anywhere close to the same person other than the stupid things they said.

I have chatted with members by PM but no one could show any proof it was him.

Really could care less, just curious is all...

Bye bye residentidiot, it is about time.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=walking buffalo;2670374]

Let's not lose sight of the reason for this hunt and the important role that hunters have to play. If hunters want to continue with being recognized as a critical component of wildlife management, we need to do our part and reduce the elk population here.

^^^This.
Old 12-29-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
No, Answer the question. What is the difference between Shooting Cows at different times of the year when the goal is to reduce the herd?

Jamie
There isn't a difference. Either us as hunters do it or someone else will slaughter them and the meat won't be used.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:39 PM

Holy !! How the **** flies here when someone expresses his opinion ,
Though he may have been a little over opinionated on believing that culling elk at 3/4 term was a bunch of crap which may have came across as anti .
I believe res had a right to his opinion and in no way deserved to be banned for this .
I find the hunt to be a great cause and will love some nice tender elk meat ! Who says you have to shoot a wet Cow ? there will be thousands of young ones running around with a target on them as well ,so why all the fuss over pregnant cows?

On a side note I believe the banning of resident was uncalled for and the expression of Cannon was inappropriate as a moderator .
Its one thing to abuse power but its another to Boldly boast publicly.
Old 12-29-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetick View Post
Though he may have been a little over opinionated on believing that culling elk at 3/4 term was a bunch of crap which may have came across as anti .
I believe res had a right to his opinion and in no way deserved to be banned for this .
I find the hunt to be a great cause and will love some nice tender elk meat ! Who says you have to shoot a wet Cow ? there will be thousands of young ones running around with a target on them as well ,so why all the fuss over pregnant cows?

On a side note I believe the banning of resident was uncalled for and the expression of Cannon was inappropriate as a moderator .
I agree he had a right to his opinion. When he stated he was going to buy a tag and purposely not fill it is where he crossed the line in my opinion. About as anti hunting as one can be. On a side note i wonder if that would be considered interfearing with a lawful hunt? If someone's ethics are troubled by this late hunt don't participate.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Perhaps you are making an assumption as to why he was banned for the twentieth+ time?

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 12-29-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcbride View Post
I agree he had a right to his opinion. When he stated he was going to buy a tag and purposely not fill it is where he crossed the line in my opinion. About as anti hunting as one can be. On a side note i wonder if that would be considered interfearing with a lawful hunt? If someone's ethics are troubled by this late hunt don't participate.
BINGO... Thanks for hitting the nail square on the head..
Old 12-30-2014, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
Perhaps you are making an assumption as to why he was banned for the twentieth+ time?
Maybe people are assuming its the same person!!
I see Justin thrown around several times when in fact this may no be Justin at all.
I have purchase many tags and all I have done is watched animals pass on by ,
Does this make me an Anti?
Yet I do not agree with his post of buying a tag on a cull ! this is not how a cull works .
But what is set to eliminate such dealings .
How many Anti or Peta wetodds will actually try to get a draw ? there isn't much anyone can do to stop this from happening.
So because a member is opposed to the cull and states he will waste a tag he is banned from the forum?
Freedom of speech and expression Folks.
Old 12-30-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
I see Justin thrown around several times when in fact this may no be Justin at all.
Yet I do not agree with his post of buying a tag on a cull ! this is not how a cull works .
How many Anti or Peta wetodds will actually try to get a draw ? there isn't much anyone can do to stop this from happening.
So because a member is opposed to the cull and states he will waste a tag he is banned from the forum?
Pretty sure the mods have access to info that helps them id who is who.
I for one feel dumber for having engaged this guy.
Old 12-30-2014, 11:29 AM

This is a privately owned forum, public yes, but no reasons need to be given to ban idiots.
No fees are charged for membership so no recourse for deleting or banning threads nor members.
U want freedom of speech, join another forum and spew your BS. Simple really.

TBark
Old 12-30-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:

I don't bother to inquire why certain profiles are banned so I can't answer your questions without speculating.

I doubt the banning had to do with what was said. I suspect The mods figured out that this was yet another one of Justin's dozens of accounts and shut it down. Just as the mods just closed a multiple account of Ishootbambi' s "casual obsever".

The mods have ways to figure out multiple accounts, such as when the wives of these two guys spill the beans to the mods in an attempt to get them off of their AO addiction.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 12-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatlandliver View Post
Pretty sure the mods have access to info that helps them id who is who.
I for one feel dumber for having engaged this guy.
I feel your pain. I always get sucked in

Jamie
Old 12-30-2014, 08:02 PM

so is there some place close i could drop my camper and have a base near
by?
Old 12-30-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdee View Post
so is there some place close i could drop my camper and have a base near
by?
Ha,ha,ha. I was trying to figure out how to disrupt that crap but you
beat me to it ! If I get drawn, I'll be at your camper with beer and deer smokies !! Good for you !!
Old 12-31-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habfan View Post
Ha,ha,ha. I was trying to figure out how to disrupt that crap but you
beat me to it ! If I get drawn, I'll be at your camper with beer and deer smokies !! Good for you !!
beer? smokies?
come on over you have my attention
Old 01-03-2015, 10:34 AM

Where did you find out how many helpers are allowed on this hunt? I have searched for this for quite a while now.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber View Post
Where did you find out how many helpers are allowed on this hunt? I have searched for this for quite a while now.

ESRD released a memo in the fall summarizing all regs for the Suffield hunts. You can find it here:

http://mywildalberta.com/hunting/hun...lk-Oct2014.pdf

It seems this year you can have more than 1 helper but all helpers must be in the same vehicle.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timber View Post
I'm not sure if there is a limit on helpers except that you all must be in one vehicle, I'm sure if you showed up with a 48 passenger bus they might have something to say about that though... Lol.. Or at least that's what the rule was in 2012 when we were there last..

Jim...
Old 01-03-2015, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter1234 View Post
I'm not sure if there is a limit on helpers except that you all must be in one vehicle, I'm sure if you showed up with a 48 passenger bus they might have something to say about that though... Lol.. Or at least that's what the rule was in 2012 when we were there last..

Jim...
First time they ever had this hunt they only allowed 1 extra person in a truck that did not have a tag. Not sure if it has changed.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPost View Post
First time they ever had this hunt they only allowed 1 extra person in a truck that did not have a tag. Not sure if it has changed.
Quote from mywildalberta;

 Licensed hunters are permitted to bring one or more helpers with them during their time at CFB Suffield. However, all helpers must travel in the same vehicle as the licence holder, no exceptions.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:29 AM
Banned

This thread is hilarious!!
Actually,it's kinda sad,but entertaining at the same time....ya know,like a car wreck?You want to look away but......pretty comical to see 6000 guys making hunt plans prior to 250 tags being drawn,lol.
Assuming every licenced hunter in AB got the same email notification of this hunt,and assuming 20% apply,your chances of drawing are 1:100 maybe?
....good luck all....throwing my name in the hat because yes,my schedule is flexable.
Seriously RG???Planning to draw a 1 in 100 tag,then sitting out the hunt in protest?While I admire your conviction....that's just insane dude.