Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-04-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lvr View Post
Article in the Lethbridge Herald says it was 43 inches around and 70 inches long.
That's huge!!
I missed this post. Well if true on that 43 then certainly could be 130. Pretty cool he caught it on the last day of a 6 day trip and anniversary of his pop's passing 11 years to the day. Great stuff, a memory that will last forever.
Old 06-04-2020, 04:17 PM

Yup it could be 43"

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Lvr View Post
Article in the Lethbridge Herald says it was 43 inches around and 70 inches long.
That's huge!!
mine was 72.5 inches long and 24 inches in girth. look at his pic its no fatter than mine was. the one from the NSR was a whole lot fatter than this one .. Im not disputing the stories but Ive measured and tagged over 700 of them and theres no way in this universe that girth is 43 inches it would look like the A and W rootbear

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-04-2020, 05:45 PM

For comparison also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2020, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
For comparison also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
just spent 10 minutes looking for that frikkin pic lol thats a record fish look at the girth on her. and it was a couple inches shorter than my PB

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-04-2020, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
just spent 10 minutes looking for that frikkin pic lol thats a record fish look at the girth on her. and it was a couple inches shorter than my PB
Lol, and just for comparison... I'd bet that the dude on the right wears pants with about a 43" waistline... just going on that I'd have to agree with your assessment of the fish in question, though I'm no sturgeon expert.
Old 06-05-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleyechaser View Post
Was that you lol?
Yup, that was nothing.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2020, 09:07 PM

All arguments aside, to land a beast like that from the banks of a swollen river must have been epic. Total respect for Wayne and the folks that landed the one in the picture above in the jet boat. Let's give buddy some credit. It's a hawg sturgeon. I've caught my share of verified 20-28lb pike.. Let one slip out of my grasp in rough water that was close to twice that size once...Lots of my buddies called b.s. and I don't even talk about it anymore. Once in a lifetime only happens once and I'm sure a few hardcore anglers can relate. Great sturgeon catch, give buddy his moment, it might be you sharing a picture or story someday.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
friends helped a guy land one from the NSR it was shorter than this one but a whole lot fatter. it was easily over 105 but they didnt weigh it. I know for a fact there is at least one 80 incher in the system down here. It was caught a while back, and thats from the biologists not the fisherman she is the fish Im chasing, probably never meet her but a mans gotta dream

Not me or my pic.

Wayne do they come this small, too ?

Cheers

D.

Old 06-07-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeman06 View Post
All arguments aside, to land a beast like that from the banks of a swollen river must have been epic. Total respect for Wayne and the folks that landed the one in the picture above in the jet boat. Let's give buddy some credit. It's a hawg sturgeon. I've caught my share of verified 20-28lb pike.. Let one slip out of my grasp in rough water that was close to twice that size once...Lots of my buddies called b.s. and I don't even talk about it anymore. Once in a lifetime only happens once and I'm sure a few hardcore anglers can relate. Great sturgeon catch, give buddy his moment, it might be you sharing a picture or story someday.
Good post!!