Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-16-2013, 03:48 PM

Default Where would you go?

Asking advice from all the members here,

Located in the Hat and have some time off work. Looking to load up the truck and spend a week fishing, maybe BC? Montana? Idaho? Northern Ab?

Have the itch to land some trout on the fly, but not totally against chucking some gear either. A bit of both would be great. I can pack up my pontoon, but just as happy from shore.

So if you were in my position, where would you go? I am not asking for any top secret fishing spots, just advice from those wiser than me about the general direction to head.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Anywhere west of Hwy 22 is my preferred destination!
Old 08-16-2013, 04:05 PM

North of Coleman on the forest trunk is where i spend a good chunk of my teenage years, love the area but not sure what it looks like right now. Thats where i would head to if i didn't want to go too far. Haven't been there in over 5 years. Northern BC yields some real good fun if you got the time, jump on the Alaska highway and once you hit bucking horse stop at every water way. I fished every single stream and river from Bucking to Watson lake Yukon and never found a spot that didn't produce fish. The drive is great, the fishing is great, and no one around was the best!! with 7 days of freedom i tend to drive a ways for fishing, headed to great slave in 2 weeks never been yet, so this one is new to me!!!