Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Default Anyone in/near Calgary with Stone Glacier or Exo Mountain Packs?

Hello. I want to purchase a hunting backpack and am currently interested in the Stone Glacier and ExoMountain Gear backpacks. After reading many posts and much research online, it seems that there are lots of other great packs out there...but I'm going to focus on SG or Exo.

Is there anyone in or around Calgary that would be willing let me see / try on their SG or Exo packs? I'm trying to figure out sizing (5' 10", 160 lbs, 32" waist). I would appreciate any advice and would really like to see a pack before ordering (if possible). I also realize it is hunting season and people may be away...

Exo Mountain 3300
Stone Glacier Sky 5900, Solo 3300

THANKS!!
Old 11-20-2017, 05:57 PM

Default SG

HI I went from the eberly stock to SG. Hunt sheep approx. 20 days I could not be Happier with the SG I got the 5900 ci pack with med belt Rifle sling and dry bag to complete the package. was very solid and made carryin a heavy load more stable (80lbs) You will like it. I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs
Happy Packing
Old 11-20-2017, 07:03 PM

If your ever around Lethbridge I have an 2016 exo you could try on. I've been running an exo pack for 3 yrs now, and this is my second one. You absolutely cannot go wrong with them or SG. I have a 30" waist and run a small belt. My Dad has a 32" waist and runs a small with no complaints, but the size chart shows a medium. I'm sure both would work well.

I've hauled loads up to 160lbs in the exo with no issues. (For the pack lol!) I'm sure SG is no different, but the buckles on the exo have taken serious abuse from me. I have not had one slip or break ever.

Last edited by J.B.; 11-20-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:19 PM

I am in calgary and have an SG - you are more than welcome to try it on. Shoot me a PM

Regards