Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-04-2020, 09:48 AM

Default Winefred Lake - Fishing and Road Conditions

Heading to Winefred for a a few days in the middle of the month. Just wondering if anyone has been recently? I have been a few times but not since 2 years ago.

How is the road to the lodge ?

How has the fishing been?

Thanks in Advance
Old 08-04-2020, 04:54 PM

Jon emailed me this morning said the road was in great shape as of yesterday but monsooned last night. Figures it should be fine since it hasn't been traveled much and is grated.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:34 AM

great, thanks for the update. I guess the fishing will always work itself out. Will update once we are back. cheers
Old 08-06-2020, 11:13 AM

When you going where there Monday
Old 08-06-2020, 03:50 PM

Was there a week ago. Roads were pretty garbage on the way in and nearly got stuck in the truck a couple times. Thankfully while we were there was 27c+ so road was a bit better on the way out. Beats me how the weather has been since.

Was averaging 1.95-3.4 fish an hour (do a number break down trying to figure out when’s the best time to go) for the boat (two anglers). Was talking to other people there and results seemed pretty variable. Biggest Williams spoon that’s silver with one half blue worked pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-06-2020, 03:50 PM

Was there a week ago. Roads were pretty garbage on the way in and nearly got stuck in the truck a couple times. Thankfully while we were there was 27c+ so road was a bit better on the way out. Beats me how the weather has been since.

Was averaging 1.95-3.4 fish an hour (do a number break down trying to figure out when’s the best time to go) for the boat (two anglers). Was talking to other people there and results seemed pretty variable. Biggest Williams spoon that’s silver with one half blue worked pretty good.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:58 PM

any giants ? we did pretty good. Yup the road sucked going in and out !!! scary in places....
Old 08-14-2020, 03:29 PM

The road is always sketchy ….. and always a few deep mud water holes where you need to ignore the fact your truck is sliding and bouncing toward the ditch and just gotta keep steady (moderate) on the gas and pray for good luck so you can steer back onto the track when you finally bite.

Went with a guy that was clutching the hand rests and I'm pretty sure his back was as straight as a board with his butt lifted off the seat out of fear.

Just once I'd love to drive into that lake when it hasn't rained.

Good news is we didn't need to winch ourselves out ……….. yet.

Saw a Toyota Rav4 in there on one trip and it had been pouring - no idea how he got in or was going to get out.

Fishing is awesome though. Great lake - lot's of big pike and walleye.