Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 09:46 PM

Default 2013 Blue Jays

Who's excited for the 2013 edition of the Toronto Blue Jays?? I can't believe spring training is upon us already, can't wait to see the boys in blue out on the field!!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreland View Post
Who's excited for the 2013 edition of the Toronto Blue Jays?? I can't believe spring training is upon us already, can't wait to see the boys in blue out on the field!!
Me too, gonna be a great season. I bought tickets to the April 19,20,21 series. Yankees come to town to get their butts spanked. Staying in the hotel right at the field. Plane tickets bought just have to wait.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 PM

Go Jays Go!!! I am really looking forward for the season to start.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:34 PM

fingers crossed for my Favorite Canadian MLB team!!! lol
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
fingers crossed for my Only Canadian MLB team!!! lol
fixed it for you...lol

I am a Jays fan too.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 03-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Banned

I`mstill P!SSED OFF that the Expo`s didn`t come to Vancouver.If I had the money they would have.Great market,close to all the
Westcoast teams and I could go see the big boys play once in awhile.AND I would not have to take my shoes off to fly down to see Major League ball.
ARRRRGGHHHH.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
I`mstill P!SSED OFF that the Expo`s didn`t come to Vancouver.If I had the money they would have.Great market,close to all the
Westcoast teams and I could go see the big boys play once in awhile.AND I would not have to take my shoes off to fly down to see Major League ball.
ARRRRGGHHHH.
I think that would have been great to. I read somewhere at the time they did not think that Vancouver was a baseball minded city. I don't agree, I think major league ball would be great there. If I had the money I would join you.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:55 PM

Beyond psyched for this season. On paper this looks like the best team in MLB right now. Looking forward to watching how it plays out.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreator View Post
Beyond psyched for this season. On paper this looks like the best team in MLB right now. Looking forward to watching how it plays out.
God I hope so.I saw them win back to back World Series
then i saw the Cunucks(that wasn`t an SP) lose back to back Stanley cups.And the 2 before that.
And then watch the Jays play great for half and then take early holidays.
Between Canucks,Jays,Edmonton,(screw Calgary,except when Lanny Mc`Donald hoisted the cup) and Montreal Canadians ,I`m am turning to womens soccer for my thrills.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:31 PM

Glad to be truly excited for the season to start for a change. Usually they are pumping up fringe players and also-rans on the club, trying to get fans hopes up before the season starts. This year they actually have something worthwhile to be excited about. Now, time to translate it into success on the field - I miss the glorious early 90's.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:44 PM

One of the best rotations in BB, lots of power and the D should be good as well. I am unsure on the signing of Gibby but we will have to see.

Go Jays Go......

LS
Old 03-01-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Looks good for sure, I think it will take John Gibbons to pull it together and get them playing as a team. They have a great core for sure.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:21 PM

They should be better than last year, but too early to tell how good.
They were 25 and 6, or something Iike that last year in pre season, and had a so so season.

TBark
Old 03-01-2013, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBark View Post
They should be better than last year, but too early to tell how good.
They were 25 and 6, or something Iike that last year in pre season, and had a so so season.

TBark
Jays play 750 ball till the split and then drop from 2`nd to 11`th in the last half.Watch `em,see if they don`t do it again.I sure hope not.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:51 PM

I was in Toronto on business 15 years or so ago and took in a Blue Jays game on a Saturday afternoon. The starter for the Jays was Roger Clemens, that was fantastic to see someone like that start in one of two MLB games that I've seen live. It would be nice to see the Jays have a good year, but who knows, baseball is hard to predict.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:59 PM

The pitching is going to be sick, when your "ace" from last year is now your number five. Add a Cy Young winner and I think the hardest thing Gibby will have to do is decide how to split up the lefties.
This team is going to be fun to watch!! I'm stoked!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsfan View Post
The pitching is going to be sick, when your "ace" from last year is now your number five. Add a Cy Young winner and I think the hardest thing Gibby will have to do is decide how to split up the lefties.
This team is going to be fun to watch!! I'm stoked!
Me too,but a little scared.Like I said ,I`m a recovering Vancouver Canucks fan.Over 40 years,I`m a bit fragile.
At least the Jays won.....twice.Ilove Joe Carters homer,best baseball day ever
Old 03-01-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I think the jays on paper top 10 for sure maybe top 5 but far and away top on paper is the angels, good rotation, decent pen, sick hitting with lots of power. More complete than jays. But I'm pumped, jays look tough. Only tough part is playing in the al east. Lots of games against good teams.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:04 AM

Thumbs up

There are about 8-10 teams that have a legitimate shot at the title and the Jays are one of those. It all comes down to pitching, injuries and a little luck. The Jays look great, let's hope for a little luck this year!!
Old 03-02-2013, 12:41 PM

As long as the "Evil Empire" in NY loses I'm good. Go Jays.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbomber View Post
I think the jays on paper top 10 for sure maybe top 5 but far and away top on paper is the angels, good rotation, decent pen, sick hitting with lots of power. More complete than jays. But I'm pumped, jays look tough. Only tough part is playing in the al east. Lots of games against good teams.
I think on paper the jays are top 3. Pitching depth they are #1. Buehrle adds a flavor that the jays havent had in the bull pen for a long time. Velocity and location. Josh Johnson has got mean movement and a great cutter. And dickey, a bonified shutdown guy and on of a few guys who has mastered the kn. He is starting and I am excited to watch him and the rest of the gang. Going to be a great year to be a jays fan.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino81 View Post
I think on paper the jays are top 3. Pitching depth they are #1. Buehrle adds a flavor that the jays havent had in the bull pen for a long time. Velocity and location. Josh Johnson has got mean movement and a great cutter. And dickey, a bonified shutdown guy and on of a few guys who has mastered the kn. He is starting and I am excited to watch him and the rest of the gang. Going to be a great year to be a jays fan.
Buehrle is a starter, they have a good rotation, the pen is the question
Old 03-02-2013, 01:39 PM

3rd in the American League. Lots of good teams in the national the cards, nationals, dodgers, reds all look strong
Old 03-03-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack&7 View Post
fixed it for you...lol

I am a Jays fan too.
lol Glad you noticed. Too bad my favorite MLB team is the Reds...But to keep a Canadian team in the mix...Go Jays! lol
Old 05-03-2013, 07:48 PM

How do you like them now? Man I had big hopes for them this year. All my NHL teams suck this year so I thought I may get to root for the jays but man do they suck. What do they need to do?

Fire Gibbons?
Old 05-03-2013, 07:54 PM

Who knows, fire the guy that keeps serving up grapefruit. There staff seems to be doing a lot of turning around and watching it go.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:12 AM

Default gibbons was a mistake

why bring back a manager that had a lousy record and could not keep control off his team?

The jays are not jelling as a team and after yesterdays smackdown from the mariners it really shows record 10 wins 21 losses we are now 10.5 games back and it is almost impossible to re group from that far back in the field especially in the East division.

Dream team is all we heard for months and how great they will be,The jays should get the gm from the Athletics he knows how to put a team together with a very small payroll he has proven it over and over.

I am a big jays fan but I sure do get tired off this non stop losing.

spending lots off bucks isn't always the solution...............later
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy62 View Post
why bring bac a manager that had a lousy record and could not keep control off his team?

The jays are not jelling as a team and after yesterdays smackdown from the mariners it really shows record 10 wins 21 losses we are now 10.5 games back and it is almost impossible to re group from that far back in the field especially in the East division.

Dream team is all we heard for months and how great they will be,The jays should get the gm from the Athletics he knows how to put a team together with a very small payroll he has proven it over and over.

I am a big jays fan but I sure do get tired off this non stop losing.

spending lots off bucks isn't always the solution...............later
Billy bean wont leave oakland, many teams have tried, and he is a part owner.