Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-26-2008, 08:53 PM

Default Salmon fishing for upland bird hunting (or any thing else B.C. has to offer)

I will be heading to Calgary the week before or after the 25th of October for a family get-together and would like to try some upland hunting and maybe some duck hunting in Alberta. I will be bringing a dog and all the appropriate gear and love to free lance so what I’m looking for is some areas to hunt. I’m not looking for the “honey holes” but areas to let my dog work and maybe luck into some birds.
If anyone is interested I have access to both river and salt water salmon fishing, sturgeon fishing, Chuckar hunting…
Cheers
Rick
Old 08-26-2008, 10:33 PM

Throw me a PM. I can show you around Taber (2 hours south) I am hoping to be back in town that week to shoot pheasants and partridge. I know of a few good spots for waterfowl too. I have a trained dog, extra gun, and a truck for us to balm around it. Quad cab so there is lots of room for everyone.

I run a German Shorthair so depending on what you got we can run them together or apart. He gets along fine with other dogs and new people.

Looking to do a chukar/quail hunt next fall.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:20 AM

Default Bird hunting

Yo ! I would also be free to show you around Southern Alberta. Anytime. (First official day of retirement is today !!!)