Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2022, 08:49 AM

Default Lucki lied?

Excerpt from a National Post newsletter.
NP Platformed has a real simple question to ask today: why hasn’t the commissioner of the RCMP resigned yet? On Thursday, the Mass Casualty Commission investigating the 2020 Nova Scotia killing spree published a recording of the Apr. 28, 2020 phone meeting at which Commissioner Brenda Lucki berated the N.S. RCMP for not publishing the makes and models of the guns used in the rampage. We suppose we cannot use a “smoking gun” metaphor in this context, but the recording is certainly damning.

Lucki had told the commission in July that she was never ordered by politicians to interfere with the Mounties’ strategic communications: in particular, she said, “I was not directed to publicly release information about weapons used by the perpetrator to help advance pending gun-control legislation.” The recording of the meeting was thought to no longer exist at the time, and Lucki’s underlings all had quite different memories of the meeting. Supt. Darren Campbell, in charge of support services for the division, had made detailed notes of it.

As the RCMP disclosed yesterday, the recording finally surfaced on Oct. 12, when the Mountie who made it, a security officer on sick leave since July, changed his story and acknowledged that a “stolen” phone containing the audio was still in his hands. (Hearings of the commission had, needless to say, ended by that time.) That part of the story is so bizarre and contorted that it practically requires a flowchart to understand … but the recording itself has Lucki telling the Nova Scotia cops that she had gotten a “request” from “the minister’s office” to give the media the gun information, which frontline officers hoped to withhold. (That minister is unnamed, but “the minister” formally in charge of the RCMP is the minister of public safety, then Bill Blair.) Lucki went on to specifically berate the Nova Scotia cops for ignoring the federal government’s political needs:

“Does anybody realize what's going on in the world of handguns and guns right now? The fact that they're in the middle of trying to get a legislation going, the fact that that legislation is supposed to actually help police and the fact that the very little information I asked to be put in speaking notes at around 11:30 this morning … could not be accommodated?”

Give Commissioner Lucki the maximum benefit of the doubt. Maybe this doesn’t count as “interfering” with an investigation; Lucki is free as the boss of the force to try and shape police communications to suit herself. But for her to explicitly bring up the partisan needs of a minority government, and to wheedle officers about making prospective legislation palatable over a pile of corpses, should obviously be fatal to her position and disgusting to Canadian citizens (as it was to others in the meeting). If nothing else, it smacks of contempt of Parliament.

We get it: there’s a lot going on in politics right now between the tying up of Mass Casualty Commission loose ends and the hearings on the Liberal invocation of the Emergencies Act last February. But RCMP officers risked their careers to give a correct account of Commissioner Lucki’s behaviour on Apr. 28; they didn’t know they would ultimately be vindicated, and Lucki embarrassed, by inarguable recorded evidence.

If for nothing more than the morale of the force, the commissioner should get lost fast. And voters should reflect on the apparent use of the commissioner’s office as a promotional catspaw for gun legislation: as untenable as Lucki’s position has become, maybe it’s impossible to trust any commissioner chosen by a Liberal government to focus on policing and investigative needs rather than the sacred Liberal legislative agenda.

— Colby Cosh
ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:38 AM

You just knew they were all lying, especially give up your guns Bill Blair. Denying all the way that it happened even though the RCMP guy had detailed notes of the meeting.

Then this recording comes out proving she lied and it its crickets. Now we got the emergencies act inquiry going and it is sure to add more dirt on the Libs.

How does this Liberal government keep getting away with this stuff scandal after scandal? Oh ya, I know, they got the media and sheeple voters right where they want them. No Conservative leader/government would have had this kind of forgiveness.
Old 10-27-2022, 09:42 AM

Feel it would be more newsworthy if it was found out she hadn't lied...
Old 10-27-2022, 09:46 AM

Of course she lied, she was appointed to be a useful idiot by Trudeau, with the sole purpose of supporting the liberal agenda, and making certain they are never held accountable for their corruption. The RCMP has become nothing more than a political pawn for the liberals.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Of course she lied, she was appointed to be a useful idiot by Trudeau, with the sole purpose of supporting the liberal agenda, and making certain they are never held accountable for their corruption. The RCMP has become nothing more than a political pawn for the liberals.
I believe the RCMP "Upper Management" has become more than a political pawn for the Liberals.

I don't believe the entire establishment should be painted with the same brush...
Old 10-27-2022, 10:02 AM

Can anyone recall a Canadian government that has been more mired in scandal than this one? It seem to be a weekly or at least monthly problem for these people and there is never anyone held to account.
If this were a Conservative government they would have been ousted and likely lost party status after one term of the garbage that seems to be acceptable and rewardable conduct for these goons.

The world isn’t just laughing at this government they are laughing at Canadian voters
Old 10-27-2022, 10:05 AM

In the YouTube vids She appears incompetent. It looks like a lot of people have jobs they are not qualified for. Looks like they will eat their own.

Imagine the hurt feelings when a subordinate won’t go along with the lies.
JWR.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:07 AM
AO Sponsor

Pretty much status quo... Crickets from the media... Crickets from government... Crickets from the voters... Nobody from any part of the country that gets all the pork is ever going to say anything (ie urban Quebec and Ontario). This government has free rein to ride roughshot over the law and the citizens however they feel like it because it has been proven time and time again that it doesn't matter what they do that they have no repercussions to their actions.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 10-27-2022, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Can anyone recall a Canadian government that has been more mired in scandal than this one? It seem to be a weekly or at least monthly problem for these people and there is never anyone held to account.
If this were a Conservative government they would have been ousted and likely lost party status after one term of the garbage that seems to be acceptable and rewardable conduct for these goons.

The world isn’t just laughing at this government they are laughing at Canadian voters
There is no accountability to these elected morons. If any of us tried this BS we'd be prosecuted and jailed. Our leaders have become the untouchables. You don't have to look to far from home for our own provincial examples.

Kenney is still being investigated for his leadership fraud. Shandro investigation has been postponed indefinitely, yet he gets a cabinet post while being investigated.

Anyone remember when politicians used to care about the citizens who pay their way? I don't.

BW
Old 10-27-2022, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
I believe the RCMP "Upper Management" has become more than a political pawn for the Liberals.

I don't believe the entire establishment should be painted with the same brush...
I agree, this is the more accurate assessment. The fact that Lucki hasn't been thrown under the bus yet by the PM and his Ministry of Truth is the only surprise to me.

This government and all it's lackeys are more slippery then cat poop on linoleum, and nothing ever sticks to them. It's like you can't get anywhere near to the bottom of one scandal before you are distracted by a new one. That's some kind of modus operandi. Just keep churning out scandals until people lose track and become too jaded to expect any different.

Jesus wept.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-27-2022, 10:23 AM

What we have here is an overt example of grave-dancing.

The families of the victims must be shocked and offended, knowing that the government sought to exploit the deaths of their loved ones for their own nefarious agenda.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
I agree, this is the more accurate assessment. The fact that Lucki hasn't been thrown under the bus yet by the PM and his Ministry of Truth is the only surprise to me.

This government and all it's lackeys are more slippery then cat poop on linoleum, and nothing ever sticks to them. It's like you can't get anywhere near to the bottom of one scandal before you are distracted by a new one. That's some kind of modus operandi. Just keep churning out scandals until people lose track and become too jaded to expect any different.

Jesus wept.
And why is a politician that is found guilty of their doings by an ethics commission allowed to continue to sit in the house?

The fact that this is allowed shows that parliamentary process is a farce. That there are two sets of rules one for them and another for the rest of us.

BW
Old 10-27-2022, 10:44 AM

Being saying it for years there needs to be laws put in place to hold politicians accountable for their actions. I don’t care what party they are part of

Until the day this happen we will have a corrupt system that exploits the country without fear of repercussions
Old 10-27-2022, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Being saying it for years there needs to be laws put in place to hold politicians accountable for their actions. I don’t care what party they are part of

Until the day this happen we will have a corrupt system that exploits the country without fear of repercussions
Yessir! So true.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:47 AM

Quote:

I think the "fear of repercussions" goes hand in hand with firearms laws.

This country is being handed over to others.

Like in the past, those who fight may win or lose, but they will fight regardless.

Those who dont or cant will be found hanging from trees and in barns. As it was a mere 80 years ago.

Think it cant happen here? Think some lawyer or some politician or interest group will save you?

Last edited by huntinstuff; 10-27-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 10-27-2022, 11:51 AM

Quote:

The problem is that the politicians make the rules. Neither the Senate or the house want to make the change that would hold them accountable to the ethics commissioner. The GG does nothing. Our parliament is set up to facilitate scandal.

Our system of governing is broken beyond repair.

BW
Old 10-27-2022, 11:57 AM

And people are roasting our current Premier for standing up to these morons?

I just don't get it...
Old 10-27-2022, 12:04 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1983 View Post
And people are roasting our current Premier for standing up to these morons?

I just don't get it...
People are not roasting her for standing up to the morons... People are roasting her because she is just another self serving politician who is a proven back stabber herself, but that's a story for another day. She is there now so she better bloody well act on our behalf against the turd and his cronies.
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 10-27-2022, 12:19 PM

Not taking JT actions by enacting the Sovereignty Act for one, replacing RCMP with Alberta police force for 2, just a couple af her actions that people are complaining about that seem to address the issues in this thread. But this is just my own personal opinion.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
The problem is that the politicians make the rules. Neither the Senate or the house want to make the change that would hold them accountable to the ethics commissioner. The GG does nothing. Our parliament is set up to facilitate scandal.

Our system of governing is broken beyond repair.

BW
Yes but we are also the people who vote them in giving them the ability to make theses rules

Lobby with enough support apply pressure on those who want votes holds possibility to cause them to crack. It doesn’t matter if one leans right or left I bet most would support accountability in Canadian politics as this is not polarized towards left or right views

People seem to forget without the support of the public a politician is no more then a man running his mouth
Old 10-27-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
I think the "fear of repercussions" goes hand in hand with firearms laws.

This country is being handed over to others.

Like in the past, those who fight may win or lose, but they will fight regardless.

Those who dont or cant will be found hanging from trees and in barns. As it was a mere 80 years ago.

Think it cant happen here? Think some lawyer or some politician or interest group will save you?
Not much for playing dead myself at you don’t come across as that type either
Old 10-27-2022, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post

Given that the "upper management" represents the RCMP, what little is left of the reputation of the RCMP, will continue to suffer due to the actions of that "upper management". And while the rank and file officers may not be corrupt, ,they still have to carry out corrupt orders given by the corrupt "upper management", so they become a part of the corruption.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Yes but we are also the people who vote them in giving them the ability to make theses rules

Lobby with enough support apply pressure on those who want votes holds possibility to cause them to crack. It doesn’t matter if one leans right or left I bet most would support accountability in Canadian politics as this is not polarized towards left or right views

People seem to forget without the support of the public a politician is no more then a man running his mouth
As a country, we've been electing politicians for 155 years, and to date we do not have laws on the books that hold them accountable or dismiss them for behaviours that they are found guilty of by an ethics commissioner investigation.
The parliamentary system is not in our favour as citizens of Canada. If it was then the turd would have been removed from the role of PM for the scandals he was convicted of.

BW
Old 10-27-2022, 01:07 PM

Have to disagree, the Western provinces are at the mercy of Quebec and mostly urban Ontario.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 10-27-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
In the YouTube vids She appears incompetent. It looks like a lot of people have jobs they are not qualified for. Looks like they will eat their own.

Imagine the hurt feelings when a subordinate won’t go along with the lies.
JWR.
This is why they are referred to as “useful idiots”
Old 10-27-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post

Have to disagree, the Western provinces are at the mercy of Quebec and mostly urban Ontario.

Grizz
Agreed, but have you ever heard of a politician that ran on an accountability platform? That said if elected they would reform parliament to punish those who are found guilty by an ethics commissioner. The expel MP's for taking advantage of their positions. For not keep the best interest of all Canadians. or being prudent in their spending of public funds.

We aren't at Ottawa's mercy. Outside of Quebec, we are slaves to the parliamentary rule. They take, we are forced to give.

BW
Old 10-27-2022, 02:53 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Given that the "upper management" represents the RCMP, what little is left of the reputation of the RCMP, will continue to suffer due to the actions of that "upper management". And while the rank and file officers may not be corrupt, ,they still have to carry out corrupt orders given by the corrupt "upper management", so they become a part of the corruption.

Man you got a burr under your saddle anything RCMP period, ever take a look at what is done locally, check the news, papers etc

I could post one good bust up every time you post but what would that amount too!

Maybe I should just because

As mentioned earlier the disconnect from senior management is often in all occupations and hard to find that one who remembers what it was like as a
Rookie etc and represents accordingly but some become self centred and a pawn to others which hurts all at ground level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-27-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Man you got a burr under your saddle anything RCMP period, ever take a look at what is done locally, check the news, papers etc

I could post one good bust up every time you post but what would that amount too!

Maybe I should just because

As mentioned earlier the disconnect from senior management is often in all occupations and hard to find that one who remembers what it was like as a
Rookie etc and represents accordingly but some become self centred and a pawn to others which hurts all at ground level.

If the senior management of any organization is corrupt, then the organization is corrupt, it's really that simple. And as with any organization/corporation/company, even the most corrupt, usually do some things above board, and most have employees that may not be personally corrupt, but that doesn't erase the corruption the organization takes part in.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 10-27-2022 at 04:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2022, 04:29 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Nope, not agreeing with your one paint brush but your entitled to your opinion.

I look at any organization like a box of crayons

I like the ones with the sharpener on the side and the fact some get chewed on too

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-27-2022, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Nope, not agreeing with your one paint brush but your entitled to your opinion.

I look at any organization like a box of crayons

I like the ones with the sharpener on the side and the fact some get chewed on too

Yet on another thread, you posted to hang women because they supposedly left Canada and joined ISIS? Why paint all supposed ISIS members with the same brush? Shouldn't they also be judged as individuals, and not as an organization?