Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-18-2016, 10:33 PM

Default Drain Plug Replacement

So in another thread about the boat checks for Zebra Mussels, it was brought up that you have to have a working drain plug

My dad made a non removable one with a bolt, nut and sealed up washer long ago on the old Sears 12 ft Aluminum. No big deal in the past, always had a bail pail and it is carried upside down on a rack. But I don't need to give someone a free excuse to give me a ticket with the checks happening.

I will pull off whats on there and search out a new plug but it's a very old boat. I will measure the hole but i suspect i will have to buy a few and hope one fits/works.

Best place to go for size selection in Edmonton? CT, boat shops, Cabela type stores?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2016, 07:29 AM

Default Drain Plug Replacement

I've seen ones that fit my old harber craft tin boat just at Canadian tire I'm guessing it's just the same as yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2016, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
So in another thread about the boat checks for Zebra Mussels, it was brought up that you have to have a working drain plug

My dad made a non removable one with a bolt, nut and sealed up washer long ago on the old Sears 12 ft Aluminum. No big deal in the past, always had a bail pail and it is carried upside down on a rack. But I don't need to give someone a free excuse to give me a ticket with the checks happening.

I will pull off whats on there and search out a new plug but it's a very old boat. I will measure the hole but i suspect i will have to buy a few and hope one fits/works.

Best place to go for size selection in Edmonton? CT, boat shops, Cabela type stores?

Thanks
Canadian tire use to sell rubber universal oil drain plugs should work the same.

Mack
Old 07-19-2016, 09:37 AM

I did a post in this a while ago if you want to look back on my old posts. A place called Shaw Plugs (www.shawplugs.com). They have all non standard sizes available and I was able to get a 3/4" drain plug for an old Princecraft. I actually went on Amazon inquired on Shaw plugs and bought it thru Amazon. Good luck!
Old 07-19-2016, 03:14 PM

Thanks, i will swing by CT tonight and see what they got.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:20 PM

Bass Pro has them.

Dodger