Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

And so they win,, the innocent man crawls in his hole and hides because he might get a black eye !!!!
There is a reason I don't get ripped off,, first of all I live in a small town second of all everyone knows who lives there and as such all the slime that does lurk damn well knows what will happen if my stuff is touched..
If everyone would stop bending over and taking it,,, and quit with the liberal thought of mind and start to protect what is ours this sad fricken world might turn around.. But hey,, that's just my point of view by all means be quite,,, run when they hauler and by all means don't buck the system,,, that falosify obviously works... (Let the law look after it) are you asking for a sh#t kicking or what ??? wake up man...
YOU AS A MAN ARE RESPONSABLE FOR YOU AND YOU'RE FAMILY...
But hey that's just a dumb country boy talking carry on as you will...
Old 07-09-2007, 09:44 PM

Walleyes.
Morally you are responsable for you and your family, but you are not leggally allowed to use excessive force to protect your property.
Remember we have no property rights in Kanada, Comrad.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-10-2007, 06:43 AM
50BMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Walleyes.
Morally you are responsable for you and your family, but you are not leggally allowed to use excessive force to protect your property.
Remember we have no property rights in Kanada, Comrad.
That is the key word though. You can take them down as hard as needed and secure them. What you can't do is sit there and beat them after they are down.

I never got charged for anything when it happened here *shrug*

I'm with ya walleyes
Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 AM

I gotta agree with Walleyes on this one. I work hard for what I have, I'll do everything I can to protect it from some lazy low-life SOB.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Break in

Ha ha Walleye, you funny. I never said anything about stopping them or not all I said was in one instance the guy should have waited for the proper authorities or written down information to pass along. Is a set of wheels worth your life? Say what you like but I hope you never have to make the choice. Eventually there is always someone bigger than you. I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.
LB
Old 07-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Gone Hunting

Big guys shovel f##k the same as the little guys. What difference does it make. I agree, iron and possetions are definatly replacable, but i find myself struggling with this little right and wrong thing, have all my life i suppose. Nothing worse than taking a lickin trying to make a point, especially if your in the right, but thats just something i think a MAN has to do in life once in a while i guess. You encounter azz holes everywhere in life. I will be damned if id just let someone have their way with my show. I run my show, and i will decide!!!!!!!

keep a strain on er, seriously.....
Old 07-10-2007, 02:09 PM

Default Break in

Yeah, I see the point you fellas are making and I agree to a point. Every circumstance will be different. I'm not sure possessions are worth dying for, your kids or family different story but really it's a shame that the man lost his stuff that he worked hard to have. I feel for him as I stated I have gone through the same thing, it's tough.
LB
Old 07-10-2007, 05:32 PM

I'm gonna lay a story on you fellers just to illustrate how tossed up this whole issue is.
It happened a couple years ago just outside of Drayton Valley. Someone was messing around this fellers place, obviously up to no good. The feller who owned the property decided to interceed and took his trust skatter gun along to add a bit of weight I suppose to the whole ordeal. He asked the ill doer to stop, and held the person who had bad intentions with his shotgun in hand and proceeded to call the local Constabulary.
Well the young feller trying the game of ill gotten goods was charged with criminal trespass, and a few other tasty tid bits. The accused gets a Sheister Lawyer, and this Sheister Lawyer once finding out the the property owner had a firearm with him at the time of the encounter, now proceeds to lay dangerous use of a firearm against the property owner. End result was the property owner got charged, convicted,and lost his firearms, was prohibated from possesing any firearms for a period of time (I think 5 years) He now has a criminal record which causes him greif when he wants to travel to the US.
Oh yea the bad guy got the proverbial 20 lashes with a soggy noodle, and some community service time.
Now I don't agree with the out come one bit, but it's true, and the presidence is set. Be aware very aware.

There are no absolutes
Old 07-10-2007, 06:57 PM

That's a great story Dick284. The law abiding citizen is the one who take the TRUE punishment! Sad, but it's fact.

In my opinion, when it comes to wife/kids/family/friends, etc being threatened, the gloves come off. Ask questions later. Human lives cannot be replaced!

Possesions can be replaced. As hard as it would be to resist, I'm not going to let, say a set of tires in the yard, possibly make my wife a widow and my kids grow up without a Dad because I'm dead or in jail.

I know that every situation is different, and that you have to use your best judgement at the time, and be SMART! No one knows how they will react in such a situation until it happenes. It is a sticky ethical debate though.

Tree
Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 PM

I returned to my truck one day, after providing entertainment to the local ruffed grouse - with my big pointer by my side and a loaded 12 guage in my hand. From my folded-in mirrors and scratched paint around the door, it was immediately obvious that in my short absence, some idiot(s) had tried to break into the vehicle. My dog busting brush along the shoulder of the road probably gave them a heads-up and they abandoned the attempt.

Very visible on the front seat of my truck was my obviously empty shotgun case, and an obviously empty box of shotgun shells. What kind of idiot would attempt to break into a vehicle when he knows that the owner is armed and in the bushes behind him?

I've often thought about what I would have done if I'd come up behind the idiot(s) unseen. If I'd threatened to use the shotgun to detain them, would I have been charged with a firearms offense? If the situation deteriorated to the point where I'd had to use the shotgun, how would I have felt - perhaps killing or severely injuring somebody's son who's probably trying to pay for an addiction of some sort?

In the end, I'm glad that I didn't come upon him (them) in the act of trying to break into my truck. I've never pointed a firearm at a human being, and I sure hope I never have to.

Andrew
Old 07-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Gamehunter

[.

Last edited by Gamehunter; 07-22-2007 at 07:01 PM.