Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-12-2007, 10:03 AM

Default Factory ammo another big hit coming !!

Boys and girls here's a little heads up on the future of factory ammo. There will be a 25% increase in Sept. and another 20% in Jan. of 2008. So if you like to shoot alot of factory ammo weather its .22 or 30-06, nows the time to invest some money in a cache of ammo that will last you a while. I just bought enough .22 to likely last the rest of my life. And this will effect the price of reloading componants as well, heck many of the Barnes bullets are already a dollar each and for the bigger bores their 2 bucks a bullet. FS
Old 07-12-2007, 10:20 AM

Whats the reason? Whos the increase being done by?

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 07-12-2007, 12:36 PM
-NDN-

thx for the update FS.

arent those increases on due to the price of lead??? then the all copper Barnes TSX factory loads and reloading components should either come down or stay the same. If not its shady. almost time to hang up the rifles
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 PM
50BMG

Copper is trading fairly high right now. Will hopefully pay for my Texas trip in oct
Old 07-12-2007, 01:14 PM

Does the age of a bullet affect it's characteristics? I've heard some old timers say that old bullets lose some juice. If a cartridge is stored in good conditions will its age be a factor?

Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
50BMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTBooner View Post
Does the age of a bullet affect it's characteristics? I've heard some old timers say that old bullets lose some juice. If a cartridge is stored in good conditions will its age be a factor?

Thanks
I'm no expert but I do know that I have been shooting factory 1950's ammo most of my life with no problems at all. Grouping I would expect and I can't remember having one not fire. All mine were carefully stored over the years and only ever moved once. I have heard, not fact so I don't know, that older shells that have been in a truck or something that have been jiggled lots aren't so good. but I'm not really sure...pretty much just babbling
Old 07-13-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Who by?

Why everybody of course. I've only seen the Federal and Winchester dealers letters that state all the break down for the various products, 15% for some items, 5% for brass, and if you like to shoots lots of Federal American Eagle in 223 you can be seeing that going 25% higher in Sept. Then there will be more increases on everything again Jan 01 2008. nows the time to put a couple of cases of your favs on your Visa card. FS
Old 07-13-2007, 07:58 AM

Thanks for the tip FS.....no suprise really....everything these days is risin in price.....a guy shoulda bought a tanker truck last year and filled it with gas too....heh