Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Great ideas! Good to see someone doing what they like, no matter what their circumstances! Have you thought of taking the knob off your reel handle, and putting on just some sort of bolt with a small knob on it instead? you wouldnt need the big cup that way.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 01-02-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Great ideas! Good to see someone doing what they like, no matter what their circumstances! Have you thought of taking the knob off your reel handle, and putting on just some sort of bolt with a small knob on it instead? you wouldnt need the big cup that way.
Thanks! We had done something like that in the past but figured I would try this way now so that each reel I use doesn't need to be modified. So far so good. The rod grabber on the other hand didn't work so well because of unforeseen dynamics but I have two solutions that I am quite sure that will overcome that. It's just a matter of choosing the simpler of the two if it works as anticipated.

Regards
Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 AM

Default awesome

That looks great G, I have a friend that might be interested. He just got an offroad front wheel for the chair, you should look into it. Arrowed a moose this year.

Just a thought, maybe make some detachable / attachable side runners to avoid flipping ? Thinking like the seawater old native kayaks, in lack of a better description.........it's late.

Take care
Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
That looks great G, I have a friend that might be interested. He just got an offroad front wheel for the chair, you should look into it. Arrowed a moose this year.

Just a thought, maybe make some detachable / attachable side runners to avoid flipping ? Thinking like the seawater old native kayaks, in lack of a better description.........it's late.

Take care
Thanks. I would be interested in seeing the rig your friend has. Is there a website for it, or is it a custom thing?

Good idea on the outriggers. Early in the design stages my brother suggested these and I'm positive they would have made the sled very difficult to tip. In the interest of time and simplicity we decided to go without them to start with and add them later if needed. So far it seems to be working OK and we've been over some pretty varied snow conditions.

Regards
Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 PM

I want to thank each person who made encouraging comments and generous offers. There were so many that I didn't respond to each because I would have cluttered the thread but I appreciate them all!

I have to give my thanks again to my family who built all the things. It was a lot of work for them - and would take a long time to list each part they made - but they did such a good job! Could not be out fishing without them.

I have lot's more inventing to do on my own stuff but I'm kind of hoping if there is someone with special needs who doesn't quite know how to get started overcoming them they might let me try to help out. Just drop me a PM.

Best regards everyone