Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Gone Hunting

Lolol! I think you might be right!

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er
Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM

some really sweet big bucks here! thanks for sharing everyone!
Hey Potty, go take a picture of that monster on your wall and post it. or I 'll have to go dig up that picture I have of thing trying to eat, but his antlers kept hitting the ground before he could get anything in his mouth,LOL.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:49 PM

last years archery mulie...175 gross 169 net...first buck, biggest to date...Next year lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000852.JPG (6.5 KB, 107 views)
Old 12-19-2011, 10:06 PM

Some fine bucks being posted!! Apparently I did shoot the smallest mulie this year, lol. But i needed the salad forks !
Old 12-19-2011, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielbowhunter View Post
some really sweet big bucks here! thanks for sharing everyone!
Hey Potty, go take a picture of that monster on your wall and post it. or I 'll have to go dig up that picture I have of thing trying to eat, but his antlers kept hitting the ground before he could get anything in his mouth,LOL.
You still owe me that pic !

K, I'll post, Just gimme a second...geeshhh!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:41 AM

Thanks for sharing everyone, there is sure some hogs out there, here is mine from this year, not as big as your guys but was one hell of a hunt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01077.JPG (186.1 KB, 267 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01078.JPG (174.4 KB, 227 views)
Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 AM

that would be the archery typ. provincial record?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
with a comfortable margin on the next biggest too! good luck dethroning that one, can't see it in my lifetime....helluva deer potty! my biggun made top 10, i think 7th last i knew
Old 12-20-2011, 08:53 AM

Wow!
Some real giants in this thread.
Thanks for posting guys.

cohod
Old 12-20-2011, 09:10 AM

Dad's 2011 Sask
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (54.0 KB, 340 views)

Last edited by cacty; 12-20-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: more
Old 12-20-2011, 09:18 AM

Some amazing bucks out there. But I'm sure there is a lot more, come on guys post em up here

A hunter is more than a predator, a hunter is a provider...a caretaker...a leader.
I will never make excuses for who I am... It's the way I was born... I'm a
hunter... A BONE COLLECTOR!!!"
Old 12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
with a comfortable margin on the next biggest too! good luck dethroning that one, can't see it in my lifetime....helluva deer potty! my biggun made top 10, i think 7th last i knew
It wil get beat. I know of a archery one that beats it.
Old 12-20-2011, 09:52 AM
Banned

heres a few of mine

Old 12-20-2011, 10:25 AM

Does anyone know of a link that list the top 10 archery animals of alberta in each catogery?

A hunter is more than a predator, a hunter is a provider...a caretaker...a leader.
I will never make excuses for who I am... It's the way I was born... I'm a
hunter... A BONE COLLECTOR!!!"
Old 12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
It wil get beat. I know of a archery one that beats it.
only way it gets beat if he has it entered in alberta archery records...or gets it p&y scored as the guy that runs the records automatically grabs any alberta entries into p&y via the quarterly reports or some shizz like that? and then puts em in the alberta archery records...have no doubt there are some hogs never entered, there always are, as it stands...potty is da man and by a comfy margin, bunch of us in the top ten scrambling over a few inches or eighths lol

as for finding the records i think approx. 10 bucks(dollars) will get you a copy of the current alberta archery records...anyone have contact info, i have name on top of my head but don't want to mispell it, and to anyone who knows more about the alberta archery records and process of how animals get in...please correct me if i don't have my facts straight on the process etc.

from the last copy of alberta archery records i saw there are over 450 entries in the typical mule deer category and about 75 entries in the typical velvet category but i suspect with our new sept 1 start date we will see that velvet category grow...your buck Justin should do well in that one! i have a velvet one that nets 172 3/8" and is in the top 25 fyi
Old 12-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
heres a few of mine

nice muley wall!, chet...we have some work to do but we r getting close lol, you make it sound like theres more than just the 7, was just flippin through big buck summer edition either this or last year and i think i saw that middle deer in there with the kickers off each back side, nice collection, i could have added a 7th this year to match that wall and enter my own 1000 club but passed on two deer (under 30 yrds for both and solid p&y) early in the season that i would have loved in the last week but had my eye on this old bugger and so i held out, wasn't an inches deer either, just old, heavy, losing points and inches past couple years...i just wanted him...for the history, character, age etc., never panned out but was more than okay with eating the tag
Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Oh it will happen! The one I missed this year had a good chance of doing it on net score! The 220 gross score will be there for a long time. There a 9 inch reason I hate drop tines, it cost me a WR for p&y.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 PM

Pack hunter, and deer hunter, those are some impressive beasts gents! Looks like we got some amazing muley hunters on here. I'm gonna have to upload some more muley pics......
Old 12-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Oh it will happen! The one I missed this year had a good chance of doing it on net score! The 220 gross score will be there for a long time. There a 9 inch reason I hate drop tines, it cost me a WR for p&y.
lol, had you known you shoulda kicked that sucker off just before field pic ha ha, then good luck beating that buck...i love it, seriously one of the most impressive deer i have ever seen, i don't think any whitetail can make me shake my head like that deer does
Old 12-20-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
lol, had you known you shoulda kicked that sucker off just before field pic ha ha, then good luck beating that buck...i love it, seriously one of the most impressive deer i have ever seen, i don't think any whitetail can make me shake my head like that deer does
I remember hearing how you shot your buck and it snapped off a tine in it's death run, and you actually found it. I remember thinking what a lucky bugger! Devoted 3 long years of my life for that.....I didn't hunt anything else....no whitetail just don't have that wow factor like monstermulys
Old 12-20-2011, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well the one I am talking about was shot the year before Peres monster. It net 210 or 213". I can't remember. If he ever registers it it will be the new world record. Not knockin yor deer Pete. That thong is a frickin monster.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Well the one I am talking about was shot the year before Peres monster. It net 210 or 213". I can't remember. If he ever registers it it will be the new world record. Not knockin yor deer Pete. That thong is a frickin monster.
I think I heard about that one, I thought it grossed 207 and netted 195, I could be wrong , thought it was entered
Old 12-20-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouty View Post
Yup,

Last edited by pottymouth; 12-20-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think I heard about that one, I thought it grossed 207 and netted 195, I could be wrong , thought it was entered
the one I am talking about has not been entered. The net score is what I stated. I have held the deer in my hands.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:13 PM

Geez Potty!! You know how do get it done!!! You must have some amazing access with some great genes floating around. Keep it up in the future cuz i love the pics!
Old 12-20-2011, 01:45 PM

heres a couple that are wall worthy ..

rifle mulie 195 2/8
rifle mulie.jpg

velvet archery mulie 226 6/8 nets 218 non typical
velvetmulie.jpg
Old 12-20-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
I remember hearing how you shot your buck and it snapped off a tine in it's death run, and you actually found it. I remember thinking what a lucky bugger! Devoted 3 long years of my life for that.....I didn't hunt anything else....no whitetail just don't have that wow factor like monstermulys
thanks buddy I guess my 3 years of devotion to your mulie accounts for nothing eh .... sheesh !!! last time I watch a big buck for you when you cant make it out there to baby sit ....
Old 12-20-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
the one I am talking about has not been entered. The net score is what I stated. I have held the deer in my hands.
Got pics?

I'm a little suspect, that a deer of that caliber would have made a lot more noise, than just coming from you ,now...no offense, but if he got it scored, and didn't enter it that's one thing, but I'm sure the scorer would have pushed hard for a new world record to be acknowledged, and more people would have talked about it"................ was it home scored?
Old 12-20-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
thanks buddy I guess my 3 years of devotion to your mulie accounts for nothing eh .... sheesh !!! last time I watch a big buck for you when you cant make it out there to baby sit ....
No and I thank you buddy. I returned that favor by passing up your monster whitey, while baby sitting him all day for you !

Those pics of your deer, don't do them justice! Your velvet buck is a Hogg
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
yeah, i forget how the scoring worked, when i showed up with the rack and the bust off kicker off a back fork i asked how it gets scored as i shot him that kicker was on but on jump one or two through the thick crap (windy day tight stand of small trees) he didn't have it, i followed blood trail back and found it very close to where i shot him...chet said it could be scored either way for p&y (can include a busted one or not), as he stood there before i shot him he grossed 202 7/8, the score sheet may say 199 something gross with the 185 something net, chet can confirm maybe but i shot him a 203"er

i might have left the kicker behind had i worried it might hurt my net but actually i was more concerned with gross....still am lol, at the time i thought i shot a 180 class deer as i had not scouted him at all, it was a surprise that ended quickly and i had to yes or no essentially just the frame size in a blink and it was a yes, good thing too ha ha, i had no idea how the deeper forks would push this thing over 200" until several hours later and hanging in garage i rough taped him....i was very surprised by the tape, re-tape, re-calculate and then again and then holy crap...i just killed a deer over 200"....

Last edited by Stinky Coyote; 12-20-2011 at 02:53 PM.