Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Got pics?

I'm a little suspect, that a deer of that caliber would have made a lot more noise, than just coming from you ,now...no offense, but if he got it scored, and didn't enter it that's one thing, but I'm sure the scorer would have pushed hard for a new world record to be acknowledged, and more people would have talked about it"................ was it home scored?
i'm with you, who would sit on a world record typical muley????????

hot air is hot air until it hits books imo
Old 12-20-2011, 02:55 PM

Atta boy potty and mamba! You made my day/week.....mulie kings!
Old 12-20-2011, 02:57 PM

Thumbs up

Wowsers Peter what a buck , actually you got few giant mulie bucks, you and momba make a great team , congrats guys on some outstanding deer!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop_Tine View Post
Wowsers Peter what a buck , actually you got few giant mulie bucks, you and momba make a great team , congrats guys on some outstanding deer!
An unselfish hunting partner, with the same amount of dedication and drive is a lot harder to find than any trophy book animal. But when you do find a guy like that and you stick to a regimented scouting and hunting system, with numerous sacrifices , great things can happen!
Old 12-20-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
chet said it could be scored either way for p&y (can include a busted one or not), as he stood there before i shot him he grossed 202 7/8, the score sheet may say 199 something gross with the 185 something net, chet can confirm maybe but i shot him a 203"er
Pope and Young does not allow broken tines to be included at this time but Boone and Crockett does if it meets certain criteria.

Here is the quote from the B&C website:

Quote:
Trophies that have been damaged and not repaired may be brought to the attention of the Records Committee by Measurers for consideration for inclusion in the Club's Awards Programs and records books. If the Committee, or its appointed representatives, such as B&C records department staff or a Judges Panel, agrees that the broken parts belong to the trophy and can be repositioned in their original configuration to enable an accurate measurement, the damaged trophy material can be included in the measurements and subsequently repaired. Submission of trophies with verifiable and damaged parts for examination by the Records Committee or a Judges Panel shall be at the expense of the owner.
I pulled up the score sheet on your buck, Stinky to check. It was entered in P&Y without the broken point. My notes showed the broken point would have added 4 6/8" to the total gross score. All inches including broken point 202 7/8".
Old 12-20-2011, 03:15 PM

Default Nothing in the 200's - YET!

Amazing Thread!
I'm not in the ELITE GROUP of 200 INCH+ MULE DEER KILLERS yet but I am working on it. They are getting progressively bigger for the most part but I will have to show more patience to crack that 200 barrier!
2006 Bowkill - 1st one!

2007 Bowkill

2008 Bowkill

2009 Bowkill

2010 Bowkill

2011 Bowkill
Old 12-20-2011, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Got pics?

I'm a little suspect, that a deer of that caliber would have made a lot more noise, than just coming from you ,now...no offense, but if he got it scored, and didn't enter it that's one thing, but I'm sure the scorer would have pushed hard for a new world record to be acknowledged, and more people would have talked about it"................ was it home scored?
He and his freind scored it. His friend is a score for p&y. He does not want to reggy it. It is that big as he let me score it ad well. It is the world record if he did reggy it. Yes I do and I can't share as I have been told not to. I will show you a pic of a Alberta monster that scores well over 300" as soon as I can delete a face out of the picture. Also he did not go telling the world. There is only a few that even know about it.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
i'm with you, who would sit on a world record typical muley????????

hot air is hot air until it hits books imo
Wow. You have no clue. He has got more big mules than anyone on here. Also the guys deer I am going to post has more absolute monsters swell that are not mentioned in the books.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Banned

its still hot air, thats all i'm hearing, i see no pics, no proof, no nothing, but i am getting warmer
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM

Livingthedream, those are still some impressive Muleys. Looks like some of your deer might have crossed my path. Congrats
Old 12-20-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.C View Post
He and his freind scored it. His friend is a score for p&y. He does not want to reggy it. It is that big as he let me score it ad well. It is the world record if he did reggy it. Yes I do and I can't share as I have been told not to. I will show you a pic of a Alberta monster that scores well over 300" as soon as I can delete a face out of the picture. Also he did not go telling the world. There is only a few that even know about it.
Still don't understand why someone would not want to give the buck he reconigtion it deserves . It just sounds strange !

Who was the scorer ?
Old 12-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Banned

why even shoot a world record if never to say anything about it, just stick to antlerless tags if meat is all your after...regular trophy is one thing, world record though...baffling, give the hunter, the animal, and this province the recognition it deserves! until then....hot air
Old 12-20-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Still don't understand why someone would not want to give the buck he reconigtion it deserves . It just sounds strange !

Who was the scorer ?
Not me but I would have liked to see it. I did measure a net 210" typical Muley that was entered in B&C but it is not the one in question.

It's a shame that a buck like that would not get entered.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:59 PM

Every year you hear of these new world records being shot and the majority of the time the talk just goes away and nothing more is heard.

Sure would be cool though to find an old forgotten set of antlers or horns in a barn that smashes some world record!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
its still hot air, thats all i'm hearing, i see no pics, no proof, no nothing, but i am getting warmer
What part of not mine to post. I was asked not to so I wont be showing pics.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Livingthedream, those are still some impressive Muleys. Looks like some of your deer might have crossed my path. Congrats
Thanks Potty. Yea, you may have crossed paths (passed) on a few of these over the years. They can sure put some miles on at certain times of the year. Now I just need to cross paths with some of your "rejects"! LOL

In the meantime it looks like I posted in the middle of an interesting "debate" on WR P&Y deer. Stay tuned!!!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthedream View Post
Thanks Potty. Yea, you may have crossed paths (passed) on a few of these over the years. They can sure put some miles on at certain times of the year. Now I just need to cross paths with some of your "rejects"! LOL

In the meantime it looks like I posted in the middle of an interesting "debate" on WR P&Y deer. Stay tuned!!!
Your 2010 buck, looks familiar...definitely wouldn't pass on him! If Only he was closer!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
What part of not mine to post. I was asked not to so I wont be showing pics.
so we'll just take your word for it then?

as longdraw said, and we all see and hear every single year, new world record this, potential new world record that...it gets old right? we are immune to it because it happens every year, don't take offense, none intended

you brought it up, don't expect news of a world record typical muley from Alberta not to have people ask for proof or call bull...proof or it doesn't exist, what else would any hunter in Alberta who loves big muleys say? this sort of thing is a 'have to see it to believe it' you've seen it, you believe it, we haven't, so we don't
Old 12-20-2011, 04:25 PM

Default 2010 bow kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by livinthedream View Post
Amazing Thread!
I'm not in the ELITE GROUP of 200 INCH+ MULE DEER KILLERS yet but I am working on it. They are getting progressively bigger for the most part but I will have to show more patience to crack that 200 barrier!
2006 Bowkill - 1st one!

2007 Bowkill

2008 Bowkill

2009 Bowkill

2010 Bowkill

2011 Bowkill
Livin the dream..... 2010 bow kill is one cool lookin buck ..... congrats .... looks like some very decent mass

Nikon
Old 12-20-2011, 04:27 PM

Pottymouth

Nice buck....... what a beauty...... Thanks for reposting that tank

Nikon
Old 12-20-2011, 04:33 PM

Deerhunter

That's one heck of a trophy room.......

Nikon
Old 12-20-2011, 04:35 PM

excellent thread! enjoyed it all from bigbores pencil head, all the way to pottys bruiser, and everything in between...... And I hear another alberta mulie world record to boot!
Old 12-20-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
300 " mulie ?? oh I gotta see this ....... actually im sure this whole board would like to see this so called giant .....
Old 12-20-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKON View Post
Deerhunter

That's one heck of a trophy room.......

Nikon
definately some beauties hangin in there,

congrats on all your success deerhunter

mamba,
Old 12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
why even shoot a world record if never to say anything about it, just stick to antlerless tags if meat is all your after...regular trophy is one thing, world record though...baffling, give the hunter, the animal, and this province the recognition it deserves! until then....hot air
So why is that????? It is only a book. Just cause you say that means that is the only thing to do. Maybe these is a good reason not to. Either way there are lots of animals that would go real high in either book that are not. Not hot air. Real. Why has no one said anything about the 300+ non typical I mentioned I will post pics of???????
Old 12-20-2011, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
300 " mulie ?? oh I gotta see this ....... actually im sure this whole board would like to see this so called giant .....
You will. I will post it tonight or tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmamba View Post
heres a couple that are wall worthy ..

rifle mulie 195 2/8
Attachment 44130

velvet archery mulie 226 6/8 nets 218 non typical
Attachment 44131
Blackmamba

Wall worthy?....lol...... I guess, congrats that velvet bucks a monster

Nikon
Old 12-20-2011, 05:10 PM

Yup i wanna see a 300" plus , that will blow cody robins deer out of the water!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:18 PM

Are we talking 300'' AB archery?
Old 12-20-2011, 05:27 PM

no pics it didn't happen lol!!