Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-11-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Ducks Unlimited Waterfowlers' Dinner

The Alberta Waterfowlers Chapter of Ducks Unlimited is holding our annual dinner at the Mayfield Inn here in Edmonton on August 11.

I attended this dinner last year, and had such a great time, I joined the commitee. I've been to many DU dinners, and always enjoyed myself, but it was just overwhelming to go to one that was directly themed to waterfowl hunting! There was all the regular great stuff that you would find at any other DU dinner, the prints, carved decoys, home accents, and more. To me, the real draw was all the hunting stuff. There was great deals to be had on the silent auction items, which included high-end duck and goose calls, decoys, blinds, shell bags and other goodies. There's a live auction and raffles hunting trips, shotguns and all kinds of good stuff. Some of the items are truly one of a kind items that have been specially provided by sponsors for this event.

I suspect that I've given too much away, but that's not nearly everything.

Come on out, have a great dinner, and spend the evening with a bunch of people that love hunting as much as you do. The tickets are $65 each, and the dinner was fabulous last year. The Mayfield Inn has a block of rooms reserved for people coming in from out of town.

You can PM me for tickets and want to pay by cheque or cash, or PM me and I can set you up with the DU office to pay by credit card.

Hope to see you there!

Dave Cameron