Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-03-2011, 04:15 PM

Default Need ideas for an order.

Hey guys/gals:

I have a bass pro card that I got for christmas and I can only think of a couple things to order with it so far. I am trying to think of open water stuff since my ice fishing season is likely pretty much done for this year and I need more stuff for my boat.

Right now I have 2 transducer mounting plates, a egg and worm weight kit for trolling and chucking baits at bass when I head to BC. I also have a pack of every size worm/top water bass style hooks for chucking stuff at bass and pike this summer. I can't think of what else to order.

I need to get a couple scotty rod holder bases for the boat but can get them cheaper in lethbridge then from bass pro. I also need to get a couple more anchor cleats which are cheaper here to.

I have a good net, 5-6 good life jackets, enough rods to start a guiding service, plenty of walleye and pike gear, and all kinds of electronics so I need some ideas on what else I should look into ordering. I have $100 on the card and can use my credit card for a bit if it is over by a bit.

Nate
Old 01-03-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
Hey guys/gals:

I have a bass pro card that I got for christmas and I can only think of a couple things to order with it so far. I am trying to think of open water stuff since my ice fishing season is likely pretty much done for this year and I need more stuff for my boat.

Right now I have 2 transducer mounting plates, a egg and worm weight kit for trolling and chucking baits at bass when I head to BC. I also have a pack of every size worm/top water bass style hooks for chucking stuff at bass and pike this summer. I can't think of what else to order.

I need to get a couple scotty rod holder bases for the boat but can get them cheaper in lethbridge then from bass pro. I also need to get a couple more anchor cleats which are cheaper here to.

I have a good net, 5-6 good life jackets, enough rods to start a guiding service, plenty of walleye and pike gear, and all kinds of electronics so I need some ideas on what else I should look into ordering. I have $100 on the card and can use my credit card for a bit if it is over by a bit.

Nate
basspro has some great clothing so your sexy on the water
Old 01-03-2011, 04:40 PM

sounds like your good to go to me. try out some fly fishing gear then you got it all!
Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM

Bass Pro will do a price match for your rod holders. How about a drift sock for those windy days.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:05 PM

I have quite a bit of fishing clothing also.

My fly fishing gear is plumb full already. I have 2 pairs of waders, a vest completely packed with 6 fly boxes that are all stuffed and enough fly rods to take a group of guys out. I rarely use any of it anymore since I bought a walleye boat.

I also already have a good drift sock that I rarely use.

Like I said I have pretty much everything I can think of. I may just have to order some stuff to key in on bass. I am hoping to make it out to BC a few times this summer to hunt them down just to change things up.

Nate
Old 01-03-2011, 05:11 PM

give it away for a prize to a local kids derby
Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 PM

get a smoker for your catch, or you can sell me some used gear cheap, im understocked
Old 01-03-2011, 05:29 PM

I don't want to give it away because I have a soon to be 1 year old son and a 1.5 year old nephew that I will be taking out in the next few years. I can see those 2 little rug rats being pretty hard on gear so I want to make sure I have stuff for them to learn on.

As for a smoker I have one sitting in my garage that my grandpa gave me this summer that I have never tried to use. I am not a fish eater but would be more then willing to smoke fish for my wife or my friends.

Nate
Old 01-03-2011, 05:50 PM

How about a turkey deep fryer? You can also do your fish in it. I bought one for xmas for myself for only $40. Maybe top it off with some of the new Rapala's? There's so many new versions to try outnow.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npauls View Post
I don't want to give it away because I have a soon to be 1 year old son and a 1.5 year old nephew that I will be taking out in the next few years. I can see those 2 little rug rats being pretty hard on gear so I want to make sure I have stuff for them to learn on.

As for a smoker I have one sitting in my garage that my grandpa gave me this summer that I have never tried to use. I am not a fish eater but would be more then willing to smoke fish for my wife or my friends.

Nate
Maybe some cheapy spincaster combos for the little guys. A few lures you wouldnt mind losing too! One reccomendation i have for fishing with my little cousins, get a SHORT rod, when they are small they need small rods or someone will get an eye poked out

Other than that, splurge on some rapalas!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:40 PM

I already have some smaller rod set ups for them. Probably 4 a piece right now haha.

As for rapalas and other cranks. I have a bunch that are rarely used already. I am just not much of a crank bait fisherman. I really like jigging and top water stuff. I probably have 2 grand worth of jigs or better and have quite a few top water baits also.

I do have a list started of things that I have looked at on bass pros website so far. Just some stuff that I can use for walleye, bass, and pike depending on where I am fishing. I have only bass fished once so far but I plan on getting into more now that I have tried it.

Thanks for the suggestions so far and keep them coming.

Nate