Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-03-2009, 10:38 PM

Tried them tonight for the first time. It almost doesn't seem fair.......almost! I can't believe how hard they were hammering the hook. I am glad that I read this first thread first and took the treble off, that would have sucked tring to get that out as well.
Does anyone else find that you hook the fish close to their eye most of the time?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:47 AM

I go through a ton of these things, the Walleye, Perch and Pike patterns all work well. Not saying othere patterns dont, just have not tried them yet.
Have caught them trolling with the electric motor, going pretty slow. Once the tails come off like stated above they dont have the same action obviously but I have caught Pike with tailess ones, but definately not as effective. I wonder if you could glue some kinda curly tail from a Mister Twister or something like that on the back of these?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:39 PM

Went back to wss today and did find one !

Last edited by -JR-; 06-05-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:59 PM

Was out at Swan Lake on Monday just west of Caroline. Trolled and casted just about all day long. Had some luck but not like at the end of the day. Casted out a split-back or jointed 6in. white bottom and dark top minnow and let it sit until all ripples are gone. Then one little tug, wait, another little tug, wait, another little tug and then the jaws from the deep swallowed that like candy. BAM 5lbs. of pike. Back she goes and three more after that in about 15min. then it was dark. When all else fails after a day like that and the water is smooth like glass, the sun is going fast, that is MY choice of pike lure. Has not failed me yet. Still go home with a smile and some lies.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:04 PM

Hey saw this Post and thought I would post what I thought was the kind pike Lurer

My Dad bought these things called Pike Killer
Dad saw these in a store on sale and bought 3 of them

Everytime I casted this out, It was almost BANG BANG BANG
Most amazing thing I had ever seen
Eventually we lost the ones we had over the years and have been reluctant to find them
They almost look like a walleye Diver

Anyways, thats my 2c
Old 07-06-2009, 06:13 PM

ive found the best hook too use in weed beds for pike is ither blade dancer, mouse, frog, crank bait
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 PM

Just thought I'd throw another good one out there.The Strobe holographic spoons in the perch or whitefish pattern work very well. Pretty reasonable price too, about 3 bucks a piece at wal-mart.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:31 PM

Does anyone fish the blindman river or the medican river for jacks??? bye rimbey or bently or eckville??
Old 07-06-2009, 08:37 PM

Hey yakfisher.. pigg here, where do you go on the ssr, I may have to come along on day, you fish from the yak or from shore?