Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-04-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
As YOU said,,,,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Here is one documented just under 40, they dont look much different to me!!
Doesn't look much different then the 38 lber? Have you even seen the 38 lber? It hasn't been posted in this thread... As I posted before I can't find the photo anymore...

I'll try to clarify this again as you and perhaps others don't seem to be understanding what happened.

Some guy posted a pike claiming it was 3 oz shy of the provincial record. Everyone called bs including the guy above who posted the above pike in jest claiming it was 39 lbs. I think buddy deleted his picture of the "38 lber" after everyone called him out.

In short there was no 38 nor 39 lb pike caught. Both were nice fish but the one in this thread is a nicer fish unless buddies pictures really didn't do it justice.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:59 PM

I cannot believe I am getting myself involved with this, because both fish were NICE fish and I don't like when guys start ripping each other over fish size.

BUT...

RavYak has it correct in what he posted above. I followed both threads and read ALL of the nonsense...and know and have fished with some of the people involved.

Anyway....winter is almost over and summer is around the bend. The Fishing section on AO will calm dawn again once everyone finds something else to focus on rather than ripping each other.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015