Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-01-2018, 10:06 PM

Default Skidoo rentals for fishing

I looked on kijji if there was anyone in the Pigeon Lake area that rents out snowmobiles and couldnt find anything.I really want to get out for the last few weekends but the snow is so deep and im tired of shovelling and beating up my truck.Just wondering if anyone has info or knowledge about renting a snowmobile for Pigeon Lake access.All i want it for is for hauling my sled from the boat launch at Mulhurst to my spot and back on the Lake.Thanks for any input.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:43 AM

Pioneer rentals Edmonton rents sleds and there is a couple on kijiji Edmonton as well. Looks like 350/day 1000 damage deposit is the norm. Or I could sell you one in excellent condition for 2800.
Old 03-02-2018, 08:34 AM

Just go on kijiji and get a bravo, they are not a powerful machine, but they are dependable.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhunter View Post
Pioneer rentals Edmonton rents sleds and there is a couple on kijiji Edmonton as well. Looks like 350/day 1000 damage deposit is the norm. Or I could sell you one in excellent condition for 2800.
Not that it will help in the immediate but along the lines of buying used, if you look on Craigslist and online at many snowmobile rental companies down here around Bozeman Montana and West Yellowstone Montana many fleets sell off a year or two old sleds for around 3000$. Yes they were rental sleds and are rather high mileage but the majority are the new 600 or 900 ACE 4 strokes and even with 4000 miles are getting reports of going well over 10000 miles on dootalk.com. The fleets down here do a real good job on their mainenence as well since it’s their lively hood so things aren’t too beat up. Oh and since the 4 stroke BAT is required to ride in Yellowstone national park many of the sleds have never seen more than 45mph.
Old 03-02-2018, 12:14 PM

Thanks for all the help. Buying seems a better option.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACKER View Post
Thanks for all the help. Buying seems a better option.
Definitely if you are doing any volume of fishing. Once or twice a year renting makes more sense.