Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2023, 12:49 PM

voted this morning it took 10 minutes. no lineup
You color in the small oval on the sheet with a felt pen and then they scan the sheet and it goes on a computer
I would assume elections Alberta has an idea of who is leading in the voting but I could be wrong
Old 05-26-2023, 04:14 PM

Voted for UCP candidate today as being the one least likely to create a lot of damage to AB. This was not a vote for Smith or TBA. It was all I could do to refrain from marking up and spoiling the ballot. For the time being we are politically bankrupt both provincially and federally.
Old 05-26-2023, 05:09 PM

I agree ... I can't believe it is allowed ...
Re logging and helicopter spraying ...
Old 05-26-2023, 06:02 PM

When I was a little boy growing up my father was a true Blue conservative to the point all his buddies always stated if a big yellow dog ran for the conservative you would still vote conservative .

My point is a yellow dog is running for the UCP and its best to support the UCP party , because I truly don’t like the NDP platforms and especially their leader

In this day and age all politicians will never be be without criticisms and I don’t believe Danielle is all bad,

God help us if the province is orange Tuesday morning
Old 05-26-2023, 07:05 PM

A 60 second message from Steven Harper. Man that guy has great hair 😁

https://youtu.be/L29WAn1179M
Old 05-26-2023, 09:01 PM

Lets hope Notley doesn't get a box full of votes at midnight.
Old 05-26-2023, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
A 60 second message from Steven Harper. Man that guy has great hair 😁

https://youtu.be/L29WAn1179M
If only he had flashy socks

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 05-26-2023, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShooter View Post
Lets hope Notley doesn't get a box full of votes at midnight.
Funny you mention that.
A friend and I were talking today and she said she didn't like the advanced polls because she doesn't trust who's looking over them.
I didn't know what to say because I didn't actually know.
Does anyone here know where they're stored and who watches over them?
Old 05-26-2023, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
Funny you mention that.
A friend and I were talking today and she said she didn't like the advanced polls because she doesn't trust who's looking over them.
I didn't know what to say because I didn't actually know.
Does anyone here know where they're stored and who watches over them?
I voted today and the card was fed directly into a ballot count machine so I assume it will all be stored digitally and are most likely counted as they are received.
Don’t think there will be any ballots un counted unless maybe mail in ballots ?
Old 05-27-2023, 01:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordfishing View Post
When I was a little boy growing up my father was a true Blue conservative to the point all his buddies always stated if a big yellow dog ran for the conservative you would still vote conservative .

My point is a yellow dog is running for the UCP and its best to support the UCP party , because I truly don’t like the NDP platforms and especially their leader

In this day and age all politicians will never be be without criticisms and I don’t believe Danielle is all bad,

God help us if the province is orange Tuesday morning
Danielle is not as bad as some MSM is making her out to be. Five minutes of research shows that, if you care to look.

This country needs to end this federal NDP/Liberal coalition now. This BS is out of control. Voting for NDP in AB does not do that.

If the NDP get their foot in the door in Alberta again, it’s over, for this province, and for this country. The toilet will be flushed, there will be no swimming back up for Alberta, and good luck in the federal election.
Old 05-27-2023, 03:46 AM

Wife and I voted at the advance poll yesterday and there seemed to be a steady steam of people filing in and out, the guy said they have been busy all week.

Ballots fed directly into a machine for storage or counting or most likely both, another 3 days and we will know the outcome, good or bad

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 05-27-2023, 06:50 AM

For those that haven’t voted yet, just remember this (attached) and not getting out is just as much as vote for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6101.jpg (19.4 KB, 52 views)
Old 05-27-2023, 07:46 AM

Quote:
I voted today and the card was fed directly into a ballot count machine so I assume it will all be stored digitally and are most likely counted as they are received.
The advanced poles are recorded digitally and actual election day will all be hand counted and added to the digital total.
Old 05-27-2023, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledhead71 View Post
The advanced poles are recorded digitally and actual election day will all be hand counted and added to the digital total.
Thanks gents. Going this morning.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:26 AM

From a former Albertan cheering for a UCP victory !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smokey Bear & NDP.jpg (39.2 KB, 75 views)
Old 05-27-2023, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Conservation View Post
From a former Albertan cheering for a UCP victory !!
That’s a bit misleading, both parties are guilty of cutting back on fire fighting funds.
Old 05-27-2023, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geraldsh View Post
That’s a bit misleading, both parties are guilty of cutting back on fire fighting funds.

I think you read WAY too far into that one.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Danielle is not as bad as some MSM is making her out to be. Five minutes of research shows that, if you care to look.

This country needs to end this federal NDP/Liberal coalition now. This BS is out of control. Voting for NDP in AB does not do that.

If the NDP get their foot in the door in Alberta again, it’s over, for this province, and for this country. The toilet will be flushed, there will be no swimming back up for Alberta, and good luck in the federal election.
That's it in a nutshell right there. Based on comments by several here they must be happy with the Turd and Jughead's coalition and seem to be okay with it if they are supporting the NDP in this province, whether they admit it or not.
Old 05-27-2023, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Here is something for the NDP supporters to think about. Notley is probably the most moderate person in that party. So what if, god forbid something happens to her. Are you comfortable with one of the other wing nuts being in charge?
So your question is: Would I rather vote for the party with more moderate leadership that has a minuscule chance of a leadership change to some extremist wing nut, or vote for the party where the more moderate leadership has already been ousted and replaced with some extremist wing nut?

Huh, tough choice.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:11 PM

If Notley wins, I think she will step down within two years to get a new person at the helm. Something to consider as she has a few doozers to choose from. My humble opinion.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
So your question is: Would I rather vote for the party with more moderate leadership that has a minuscule chance of a leadership change to some extremist wing nut, or vote for the party where the more moderate leadership has already been ousted and replaced with some extremist wing nut?

Huh, tough choice.
Which party has I higher % of extremist members regardless of which end of the spectrum

Which party has less experienced unprepared members?

Which party has more ties to special interest groups that would have a negative impact on your lifestyle if the party chooses to bring forward their agendas?

Answer to those three alone play a role in my personal choice
Old 05-27-2023, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagwan View Post
If Notley wins, I think she will step down within two years to get a new person at the helm. Something to consider as she has a few doozers to choose from. My humble opinion.
Why do you think that? The Alberta NDP caucus is pretty staunchly behind her, she’s only 59, and is without a doubt the best chance their party has to win another general election if they’re elected this year. There is also her connection to her late father that has been noted to be a major driver of her political career within the Alberta NDP.

I do think if the NDP does not win this election, she will likely step down and the party will look to draw in fresh blood because frankly, nobody else within the ANDP has the ability to win a general election. Would not surprise me one iota is Nenshi runs for party leader to sway more Calgary votes in future elections.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Which party has I higher % of extremist members regardless of which end of the spectrum

Which party has less experienced unprepared members?

Which party has more ties to special interest groups that would have a negative impact on your lifestyle if the party chooses to bring forward their agendas?

Answer to those three alone play a role in my personal choice
The answers to your questions:

UCP, with their entire “Take Back Alberta” side of the party being pretty extreme (their end goal is literal separation from the rest of the country)

Plenty of prospective first term candidates and experienced candidates on either side. Remember, 2015 was eight years ago and a lot of the old blue PCs are long gone.

UCP, with their entire “Take Back Alberta” side of the party having the agenda of wanting to separate from Canada. The impact on my lifestyle in the event is far beyond any other political proposition I have seen.

Of course, these answers are entirely subjective, but are with merit.
Old 05-27-2023, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky buck View Post
which party has i higher % of extremist members regardless of which end of the spectrum
ndp.

Quote:
which party has less experienced unprepared members?
ndp.

Quote:
which party has more ties to special interest groups that would have a negative impact on your lifestyle if the party chooses to bring forward their agendas?
ndp.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:01 PM

A vote for Notley is a vote for Singh.
Old 05-27-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Yup, no X, just color the circle. Fancy secrecy folder and straight into the machine. I guess if you have access to the machine, there would be the opportunty for fraud. didn't look to see if it was one of the notorious Dominion ones.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-27-2023, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandSlam View Post
A vote for Notley is a vote for Singh.
Which is also a vote for Trudeau
Old 05-27-2023, 04:03 PM

Quote:
The answers to your questions:

UCP, with their entire “Take Back Alberta” side of the party being pretty extreme (their end goal is literal separation from the rest of the country)

UCP, with their entire “Take Back Alberta” side of the party having the agenda of wanting to separate from Canada. The impact on my lifestyle in the event is far beyond any other political proposition I have seen.

Of course, these answers are entirely subjective, but are with merit.
Sounds like a typical left wing conspiracy theory.
Old 05-27-2023, 04:19 PM

Quote:

Huh, tough choice.
What part of Smith's platform do you see as extremist?

Thomas Sowell
Old 05-27-2023, 04:46 PM

Couldn’t bring my self to vote for Danny Smith had to vote orange for this one. Conservative Party has to choose a better leader if they want my vote
Closed Thread