Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy300 View Post
Hey bessie,

funny you say that. I got trail camera pics of truck quads and people on our land. I put up a signs sayin I have pics etc and tresspassing continues they will be sent to the RCMP and F&W. Anyways 2 days later it was full of bullet holes.

As for not posting thread in regards to trespassing and such cus it gives hunters a bad name is horse crap. There are a o pile of hunters that are nothing but scum.. Sorry that is just the way it is. No regard for animals or peoples property. There are a lot of people on here who **** and moan about not getting permission on deeded land or on GRL's. Sorry but go buy your own land. We just bought a 1/4 up in the GP area. I go to hunt and relax sitting with the kids. Not so relaxing when you sit for a couple hours in the cold and some Dip Sh@^ comes driving through the hay field. I put up signs and fence off trails. the sign are ripped down and the trees are cut down on the end of the fence and the quads drive around.

On the weekend I was hunting on our family farm east of red deer as I have my mule buck draw. We were going from one piece of land to another when we came over a hill and 2 guys bail out, standing right in the middle of the road lined up on a 140 MD. the buck took off when i pulled up. the retards then proceed to yell at us as we ruined their hunt. It just about came to fist o cuffs.

Phoned the fish cops and because they didnt shoot, nothing they can do. All weekend was spent patrolling our land and relatives land. How enjoyable is that.

So when i hear don't post because it gives hunters bad names.....give me a break. Guess what its too late.

Buy the way here is a pic of a truck south of beaverlodge on our land. Just incase the dude is on this forum, I have 3 more pics 2 with your face. I suggest you stay out. If you know the douche on the quads , tell them the same.

Its a different story when you are a landowner and like to hunt on your own land. its near impossible to enjoy a full day without interuption of seeing guys flying over a hill 2 miles away through cattle or hayland.

Signed sincerally Pi$$@d
Why would it give hunters a bad name? The fact most hunters like to group themselves in with poachers like you just did? Hunters (legal hunters that harvest their game legally) don’t have a bad name until people are too lazy to make the difference between a hunter and a poacher. This is what’s killing us and giving “Hunters” a bad name, someone new or maybe thinking about hunting could come on here and read a very positive story of someone’s first harvest or a great story when they are out with family and friends. Then because people are failing to make the distinction they read about “hunters” which should be called poachers at this point doing something illegal.

If you are not part of the problem (poaching) start being part of the solution by calling illegal hunting what it is...POACHING
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & C View Post
Why would it give hunters a bad name? The fact most hunters like to group themselves in with poachers like you just did? Hunters (legal hunters that harvest their game legally) don’t have a bad name until people are too lazy to make the difference between a hunter and a poacher. This is what’s killing us and giving “Hunters” a bad name, someone new or maybe thinking about hunting could come on here and read a very positive story of someone’s first harvest or a great story when they are out with family and friends. Then because people are failing to make the distinction they read about “hunters” which should be called poachers at this point doing something illegal.

If you are not part of the problem (poaching) start being part of the solution by calling illegal hunting what it is...POACHING
Ok sorry " the big bad poachers" are creating all sorts of havoc in the woods.

I get what you are saying but this isnt kindergarten class. Bottom line is they are hunting...whether they choose to legally or not.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Banned

Just Remember:

I these tresspassers are caught, there is always the element of revenge.

Think about it.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM

More crown land!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Just Remember:

I these tresspassers are caught, there is always the element of revenge.

Think about it.
If you are too cowardly to report them, then you have no right to complain about their activities.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If you are too cowardly to report them, then you have no right to complain about their activities.

BOOM! There it is. I truly and honestly am getting sick and tired of hearing people complain on these forums. How about instead, only post threads about what you have done to alleviate the problem rather than taddling and expecting sympathy.

For Gods sake men strap on a set and handle your s#!t!!!

Everyone is always " well I didn't want it to escalate, they did have guns.." Yeah true, but do you think someone is honestly going to shoot you? They aren't a cartel or the mafia...shhhhheeeesssshhhh!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:53 PM

Remmy,
Did you actually get pics? And RCMP and fish cops have them?
If so, let us know what comes of it.

Shot up sign would **** me off. Sorry it's happening.

What are the laws concerning laying traps on your property and posting signs about it. Is it illegal?

One good ole fashioned bear trap latched onto some poacher would be a gooder!
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Remmy,
Did you actually get pics? And RCMP and fish cops have them?
If so, let us know what comes of it.

Shot up sign would **** me off. Sorry it's happening.

What are the laws concerning laying traps on your property and posting signs about it. Is it illegal?

One good ole fashioned bear trap latched onto some poacher would be a gooder!
I have pics but have yet to give them to the f&w. I called and discussed the whole situation with him. He was actually a great guy. He said they have some leads as the neighbor close by had just called in with the same type of activity happening on his land. He is going to call back in regards to the pics.

If its a neighbor I wanted to post the sign saying I have your pics so kindly don't return. So much for that.

I asked about putting spikes in a 2 x 10 and burying in the snow.. Apparently illegal.

I will keep u posted.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmy300 View Post
I have pics but have yet to give them to the f&w. I called and discussed the whole situation with him. He was actually a great guy. He said they have some leads as the neighbor close by had just called in with the same type of activity happening on his land. He is going to call back in regards to the pics.

If its a neighbor I wanted to post the sign saying I have your pics so kindly don't return. So much for that.

I asked about putting spikes in a 2 x 10 and burying in the snow.. Apparently illegal.

I will keep u posted.

The last thing a landowner needs to do is worry about azzholes trespassing in the first place. Now when you try to protect your own land, you run the risk of them taking it to the next level and destroying your gates and your property.

I have all sympathy for land owners out there that have to deal with this ****.

My buddy and I were talking about buying our own private land to specifically hunt on for ourselves, then we discussed these issues and it put the brakes on us wanting to purchase. We dont wanna deal with road hunters and poachers destroying our land and property.

Monday morning we passed close to 50 deer on the way to our spot for the day, one was a gorgeous white tail buck. Well F&W called the landowner (who has 10 quarters in the area) and told him someone had shot that buck and left it in the field.

He is sick of dealing with this kind of nonsense and is basically telling us he may not allow hunting anymore. I cant say that I really blame him either.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Default Ya know

A fellow could go out to fix a few fence posts with spikes, and accidentally forget to leave a few spikes lying around on the road.

Just sayin.

Neighbours poaching makes it a real sticky situation.

Good luck bud.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 PM

Default Hunter numbers. Mass increase?

Is it just me or has the number of hunters in Alberta gone up 100000 this year. More hunters than game it seam people are crowded now and it seams no one is following the laws anymore. Pretty sad when an area you know is private looks like a highway. Wild tv big hunting superstores everyone who come here for work can buy a tag. Hope it's just a fad. otherwise less tags and put everything on draw this year it's rediculous as no matter where you go there is packs of hunters on every corner. Has anyone else seen a huge increase in hunters this year ? Suck bad as there is 100 hunters per moose in the area I drew its a joke . losers are trespassing everywhere. shooting anything that moves it becoming caos and not sure why the big influx of hunters no matter where you go. I hunt in over 6 wmu and it's the same everywhere. sure miss bow season now. It was quite. might just have to now only as it feels like Walmart in the bush. And yes I do hike in deep. 2 weeks left then ice fishing.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagencounter View Post
Is it just me or has the number of hunters in Alberta gone up 100000 this year. More hunters than game it seam people are crowded now and it seams no one is following the laws anymore. Pretty sad when an area you know is private looks like a highway. Wild tv big hunting superstores everyone who come here for work can buy a tag. Hope it's just a fad. otherwise less tags and put everything on draw this year it's rediculous as no matter where you go there is packs of hunters on every corner. Has anyone else seen a huge increase in hunters this year ? Suck bad as there is 100 hunters per moose in the area I drew its a joke . losers are trespassing everywhere. shooting anything that moves it becoming caos and not sure why the big influx of hunters no matter where you go. I hunt in over 6 wmu and it's the same everywhere. sure miss bow season now. It was quite. might just have to now only as it feels like Walmart in the bush. And yes I do hike in deep. 2 weeks left then ice fishing.
Issue is there is no waiting time to become a resident and buy tags.....we should be more like NWT and the Yukon when it comes to defining a "resident"

LC
Old 11-16-2012, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Issue is there is no waiting time to become a resident and buy tags.....we should be more like NWT and the Yukon when it comes to defining a "resident"

LC
I'm all for longer wait times, unless your military and suddenly stationed here.

LC - What are the wait times up North?
Old 11-16-2012, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Crabtree View Post
Tonight I watched from half a mile away on a hill as a truck drives down a lease road on my land. It stops and a guy gets out and shoots into the bush. Then he gets in the truck and drives back out the lease road onto the county road and out of my view because of the bush. Then 1 more shot.
When I got to my truck and drove down there he was gone. Drag marks out of our land where he collected a deer.
GRRRR it's best for all that he was gone when I got there.
The problem is these guys rarely get caught so it's not that risky for them to pull these stunts. But I have a solution. We need a major enforcement effort but there is no budget for that.
There should be a good reward like 2000 per conviction for info leading to charges.
That way I could take the time to "hunt" these lowlifes and make great money during hunting season. If you stakeout some roads around here you could catch several a afternoon.
Either that or start issuing tags for trespassers.
People feel like tresspassing on others private land and fire shots. Thinks it time to return one in their rear quarter panel. Not a fine, but certainly a heavy cost for repairs. Just saying.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
I'm all for longer wait times, unless your military and suddenly stationed here.

Here is the requirement in the yukon.....this would work here as far as I am concerned.

Yukon Resident
A Yukon Resident is defined as a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant whose main residence has been in the Yukon for at least 12 months before applying for a licence, and who has been physically present in the Yukon for at least 185 days during that period.

A Residency Exemption declaration form is available for residents who maintain their principal residence here, but who must leave the territory for work, to attend school or for medical reasons. Residency Exemption forms are available at all Environment Yukon offices.

You cannot hold resident hunting licences in two jurisdictions. It is unlawful to apply for or obtain a Yukon resident hunting licence if you hold a valid resident hunting licence in another jurisdiction.

NWT Resident: a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant, who has been living in the NWT for at least two years

LC

Last edited by Lefty-Canuck; 11-16-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuludog View Post
Two years fro residency here in the NWT .........it's like being in prison during that time.
It may drop to one year if the new wildlife act ever goes through.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 AM

We have land on a dead end road but have a ton of traffic in the morning and afternoon magic hour, tracks from vehicles driving over the alphalfa and backing up to the tree line to watch over the field, we've had 2 trail cams stolen that were both 1/2 mile from the nearest road, (that's maddening). The cabin we are building cannot be seen from the road so safety is a concern. We don't want to fence or post signs but we may have to.
Doug