Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-30-2014, 01:55 PM

Default Badass Lund !

Friday afternoon I headed out on the river with another AO member ( Lund Rebel ) in his little 12' Lund Jon boat , We put that thing thru hell lol ! Day Started off with our exclusive, private, Yet extremely Sketchy boat launch

Shortly after arriving at our Hole we had planned to fish, we ran into another Fellow AO Member ( Safety D ) ..... He must have seen the storm coming and went for shelter...... We were not so lucky, We banked the boat and ended up staying a wee-bit to long and got caught stuck on this bank .... Built a very very shady Shelter lol and continued thru the lightning storm fishing !

Here are some of the fish we had managed to Hook into including an extremely beefy 30" Walleye ! it was also an amazing night for sturgeon fishing !

This one LundRebel had caught must have been hit by a boat or something, it had some weird bend and dent in its body !

All in all it was an awesome night of fishing, Except for the pounding rain and non stop lightning to fish in....... It was nice Meeting you Safety D ! hope to see you on the waters again, and also hope your day today was as good as our night and morning !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-1cB...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-30-2014, 02:23 PM

Yeah it was a blast, came home for a few hours rest and more bait heading back out. I am gonna find a better launch hopefully.

To bad we couldn't have landed that 20 th fish
Old 08-30-2014, 02:29 PM

nice walleye
Old 08-30-2014, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund rebel View Post
Yeah it was a blast, came home for a few hours rest and more bait heading back out. I am gonna find a better launch hopefully.
That's probably a good idea ..... it must have been some work getting her back up on the trailer.

Really nice walleye BTW !!!!

I will see you guys tomorrow at Wab ....... I will have my binoculars trained on you ...... lol
Old 08-30-2014, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSRfishing View Post
nice walleye
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
That's probably a good idea ..... it must have been some work getting her back up on the trailer.

I will see you guys tomorrow at Wab ....... I will have my binoculars trained on you ...... lol
Ty ! , It was a hog that's forsure, you can ask Lund, the pics do no justice to its Girth it had.......

Old 08-30-2014, 04:11 PM

That was a good adventure with great pics...Thanks for sharing...
Old 08-30-2014, 04:21 PM

Great pics!
Thanks for sharing them.

Dodger.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

Wab is DEAD ha ha but so is the river just not for bankers lol

Safety D was a super friendly dude nice meeting him

I don't know if I will be there might head back to river these little fish are quite addictive
Came home for 2 hr sleep and going back

I got more yesterday then I had in my life
Old 08-30-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBadass View Post
Ty ! , It was a hog that's forsure, you can ask Lund, the pics do no justice to its Girth it had.......
Heck I set the hook and almost wet myself it was a sturgeon, but then again so was that mooneye
Old 08-30-2014, 06:01 PM

Damn you guys are making me jealous lol. I went out on the river again today but all I got was 2 goldeye, 2 skinny walleye and a mooneye. Oh and sore arms from paddling 6 kms upstream lol...

Still looking for my first sturgeon...

Do you guys notice the fishing is much better during the night? I don't really want to be out at night with my kayak but I have noticed a few members seem to catch more fish at night then during the day.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Damn you guys are making me jealous lol. I went out on the river again today but all I got was 2 goldeye, 2 skinny walleye and a mooneye. Oh and sore arms from paddling 6 kms upstream lol...

Still looking for my first sturgeon...

Do you guys notice the fishing is much better during the night? I don't really want to be out at night with my kayak but I have noticed a few members seem to catch more fish at night then during the day.

I it comes down to the night goes by so fast 12 hours of fishing plus if u sat for 12 hrs durning the day u would catch as well
Old 08-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Banned

Cool

Studies have shown they are far more active at night ravyak..
Old 08-30-2014, 08:20 PM

You finally got to meet the Legendary Safety D !!!! We got a few but were drinkin beer and telling lies while you guys were slaying them. The old motorhome felt pretty good after fishing pretty hard the 2 days before that !!!! THE RIVER IS DEAD !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lund rebel View Post
I it comes down to the night goes by so fast 12 hours of fishing plus if u sat for 12 hrs durning the day u would catch as well
Problem is that I still don't know what to really look for and feel as if I haven't found somewhere worth returning to/sitting at for a few days in the hopes of catching one. I got one hint from another member that I will probably check out on wednesday, might even try and get out there really early but if that doesn't work not sure where to try next.

My biggest worry about fishing at night is safety, being out in my kayak alone on the river at night probably isn't the brightest idea. I have already realized things can go sideways quickly out there, quite literally if you aren't careful throwing your anchor out... If I had someone to go out with I would probably consider it more but for now will be sticking to day fishing unless I can't scare something up.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:57 PM

Awesome pics. That Walleye is a Tank!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 PM

That walleye was definitely MASSIVE.

I have water to do an overnight on the river all year but have been a tad gun-shy since i got stock on a gravel bar a few weeks back and needed a rescue.

Looks like you guys are having a blast anyway
Old 08-30-2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
Problem is that I still don't know what to really look for and feel as if I haven't found somewhere worth returning to/sitting at for a few days in the hopes of catching one. I got one hint from another member that I will probably check out on wednesday, might even try and get out there really early but if that doesn't work not sure where to try next.

My biggest worry about fishing at night is safety, being out in my kayak alone on the river at night probably isn't the brightest idea. I have already realized things can go sideways quickly out there, quite literally if you aren't careful throwing your anchor out... If I had someone to go out with I would probably consider it more but for now will be sticking to day fishing unless I can't scare something up.

Yeah went and fished that same hole tonight for 6 hours didn't land anything, I think river fishing is all about luck and patience.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tight line View Post

Yeah it mouth was 5-6 inches long e players were long enough to reach the hook at the back without having hand in its mouth.

I haven't fished for too long but that thing was the biggest walleye I have seen
Old 08-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tight line View Post
X2 congrats on a stormerof a night on the water. Nice feesh all round . Exelent use of available resources.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:32 AM
Banned

great day/night fellows, and love the pics.
Hey LR, don't forget I have that cap for you.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
great day/night fellows, and love the pics.
Hey LR, don't forget I have that cap for you.

You got my number I have been busy lately umm fishing...

I am off Thursday for surgery so I took Friday off to recover what better way than fish ?

Or the next two weeks I am off work again well get out to the river or a lake.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:30 AM

Nice haul.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:15 AM

You guys get about as much time off as I work. Must be nice. Ya I had a 10 fish in 3 hour night a few years back at the honey hole then fished all day for 10 hours and not a sniff. Just shows how on and off it can be. Had a 10 fish in 2 hours a few weeks ago at a new hole I discovered in the Edm area. Then the next two trips out only 3 in about 13 rod hours. When they decided they bite its game on. No one PM me about sturgeon info cause I will tell em its dead
Old 08-31-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safety D View Post
You guys get about as much time off as I work. Must be nice. Ya I had a 10 fish in 3 hour night a few years back at the honey hole then fished all day for 10 hours and not a sniff. Just shows how on and off it can be. Had a 10 fish in 2 hours a few weeks ago at a new hole I discovered in the Edm area. Then the next two trips out only 3 in about 13 rod hours. When they decided they bite its game on. No one PM me about sturgeon info cause I will tell em its dead
Me too on the PM,

And your 100% right, When the bites on, its on, I also was fishing a place near the city that was really really hot, now its really really not lol....

Its sad the NSR July Killed this year and all the fish are gone !