Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Banned

Default Of, For, And By the People...?

Whatever happened to government Of, For, And By the People...? When did we as Canadians become sheep?

The population of Canada is over 30 million. Estimated 26 million of those are over the age of 18.
The number of politicians probably number in the Thousands.
There's about 70,000 police officers in Canada.

That said, the number of gun owners is estimated to be between 3 to 4 million people.

Yet we are losing rights every day it seems, and have already become a nanny country. WT? happened and why is the Canadian public allowing it to happen? What happened to standing up for ourselves?

We are getting bullied by police with no way to defend, we are ruled and regulated to death, we are recorded everywhere we go? Companies are sanctioned to watch our every move, can't even pick up the damn cell phone without someone tracking it any more.

We hear it every day, people **** and moan about this law and that, but do nothing about it. Politicians numbers can't even classify them as a minority but yet they rule every aspect of our lives? Politicians in Canada know that they can do as they please and we the sheep are just going to **** and moan about it.

So what about some ideas here? I'd be interested in hearing them...

Last edited by lilsundance; 08-22-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:29 PM
Banned

The hungry sheep look up, and are not fed, But swoln with wind and the rank mist they draw, Rot inwardly, and foul contagion spread: Besides what the grim wolf with privy paw Daily devours apace, and nothing said; But that two-handed engine at the door Stands ready to smite once, and smite no more.

Milton.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:35 PM

Glad I didn't vote that clown in!

Oh well, he will be gone soon and Canada will get back to the great country everybody looks up to and Canadians themselves can be proud in
Old 08-21-2012, 11:49 PM

Old 08-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_420 View Post

Oh well, he will be gone soon and Canada will get back to the great country everybody looks up to and Canadians themselves can be proud in

In answer to the OP.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 AM

It's been happening over the course of many years, a death of many cuts. Unfortunately the man we thought would be our saviour, turned out to have a paranoid side. So out with any dissension, out with whistle blowers, out with any checks and balances, and brand any malcontents that are left as enemies of Canada. Make it illegal for any remaining snivel servants to speak out and declare the world is good, and dare anyone to tell the emperor he has no clothes.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Banned

Take it to the street.
Democracy is about dissent and protest.
It is about exercising your rights its about understanding our obligations.

Quit thinking and talking about your rights and start learning what your responsibilities are within a democracy.

Voting once very few years is a way convincing the majority that to protest is to object to ones self or ones own decisions. We accept responsibility for our elected reps decisions.
Pretty clever...

We see this manifested here oddly enough by people saying..."I didn't vote for her...."

So?
What your point?
Is that all you have?

If you object to something...how you voted should have nothing to do with what you do about that.
Quit playing the blame game and go form or join an angry mob and be heard.

Fact is... whether you agree with their position or not...those kids protesting in Quebec... understand their rights and what democracy is better than every person that sat back and sniped at them.
They understand that daily democracy requires active daily participation and the courage to voice their dislikes publicly.
They understand sacrifice and gave of their time...lost a school year and they did it for a principle...not for a couple hundred bucks.

Don't sit back and write letters to politicians.
Read them on street corners and send them to newspapers where they can be seen and heard...not ignored.

Or...just sit back and wait for someone else to do that for you...then criticize their effort....that seems to be the most popular alternative.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Banned

I think I might have mentioned this once or twice on here, but the problem is all the people in this country that keep begging for more government
Old 08-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I think I might have mentioned this once or twice on here, but the problem is all the people in this country that keep begging for more government
Yeah...I think you might have...once or twice...
Old 08-22-2012, 01:02 AM

I do believe you are correct Pesky, I don't know how many letters I have written, but my MP is obviously feeling very secure in his post as the gist of every reply is, things would be so much worse if the libs or NDP was running the show. He's probably correct, but makes no attempt to address my concerns.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Banned

Time for Preston to fire up another party.

The problem lies mainly in the numbers. Eastern Canada is a nanny state population for the most part. They loves the gov't handouts. Heck, we're starting to see this attitude in Alberta as well. There just aren't enough responsible people with the pride in being able to look after themselves left in Canada. There was a time when going on welfare, or stealing was a shameful thing, or running a burglar off your property was a good thing; now....lol....you reap what ya sow.

Enjoy the decline.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I do believe you are correct Pesky, I don't know how many letters I have written, but my MP is obviously feeling very secure in his post as the gist of every reply is, things would be so much worse if the libs or NDP was running the show. He's probably correct, but makes no attempt to address my concerns.
Face it...his lacky reads it...gives you a stock answer that might as well be...pizz off...I don't need your vote today....and the letter hits the bin.

Whats hurting us is the partisan politics.

Liberals need to hear other liberals telling them they are FOS and Conservatives need to hear the same thing from their own as well.
These guys used to talk to each other and through that...we had functional government that could come together for the common good.
Now...everyone is drawing lines and building fences and all they hear is their opposition and their fanatic supporters.,,,because those form the majority that are interested enough to hit the streets and talk to cameras.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_420 View Post

Sorry, but this is part of the problem. People are looking for the savior PM to ease up the laws and it isn't going to happen. Everyone who has had control in canada has either made things worse or allowed it to happen...

It's going to get to the point where we can't be trusted to wipe our own arses.

What is it going to take for people to stand up for their rights? The people of Quebec are doing so, matters not the cause.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:29 AM

Unfortunately of, for and by the people is an American speech, not Canadian. LOL

But yes, think we all feel the pain of where this fine country is going.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 AM

Location: Just this side of no-where on the edge of common sense

And yet none of you with all of the solutions ever runs for public office? Strange that...............
Regards,
Dave.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Whatever happened to government Of, For, And By the People...? When did we as Canadians become sheep?

The population of Canada is over 30 million. Estimated 26 million of those are over the age of 18.
The number of politicians probably number in the Thousands.
There's about 70,000 police officers in Canada.

That said, the number of gun owners is estimated to be between 3 to 4 million people.

Yet we are losing rights every day it seems, and have already become a nanny country. WTF happened and why is the Canadian public allowing it to happen? What happened to standing up for ourselves?

We are getting bullied by police with no way to defend, we are ruled and regulated to death, we are recorded everywhere we go? Companies are sanctioned to watch our every move, can't even pick up the damn cell phone without someone tracking it any more.

We hear it every day, people **** and moan about this law and that, but do nothing about it. Politicians numbers can't even classify them as a minority but yet they rule every aspect of our lives? Politicians in Canada know that they can do as they please and we the sheep are just going to **** and moan about it.

So what about some ideas here? I'd be interested in hearing them...

Uhhhhh... speeding ticket yesterday perhaps????????
Old 08-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Banned

How about because anytime someone attacks the government the same people that whine about the government call for the hanging of those who attack the government? They're "extremists" or "radicals", well ya, they had the balls to attack the government and take the fights to the streets, but instead of arming yourself and lending a hand you sit on your chair watching the news hoping the cops find them. Makes no sense! You want change? Good, get violent and make change, if you expect some fancy suit wearin' Troy Maclure to save the day you are out to lunch. We continue to vote for politicians thinking things will change because they are " Conservative" or "Liberal", "Republican" or "Democrat", they are all essentially the same with a few small differences that we make out to be the world, they laugh at us as we continue to pay our taxes and whine about the way things are done.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
How about because anytime someone attacks the government the same people that whine about the government call for the hanging of those who attack the government? They're "extremists" or "radicals", well ya, they had the balls to attack the government and take the fights to the streets, but instead of arming yourself and lending a hand you sit on your chair watching the news hoping the cops find them. Makes no sense! You want change? Good, get violent and make change, if you expect some fancy suit wearin' Troy Maclure to save the day you are out to lunch. We continue to vote for politicians thinking things will change because they are " Conservative" or "Liberal", "Republican" or "Democrat", they are all essentially the same with a few small differences that we make out to be the world, they laugh at us as we continue to pay our taxes and whine about the way things are done.
So put on a clean pair of jeans and your best shirt, pay your money and get everyone who believes the same as you to nominate you to run for public office. Then when you are elected (because the majority of voters believe in you and what you say) you can fix all the problems from within the democracy that we live in. This is the way change happens in a democracy.

Violence in the streets is called anarchy. Violence in the streets is the way Hitler and Mussonlini came to power. Ask a few war veterans about violence in the streets as a solution to problems.
Regards,
Dave.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Wish View Post

So put on a clean pair of jeans and your best shirt, pay your money and get everyone who believes the same as you to nominate you to run for public office. Then when you are elected (because the majority of voters believe in you and what you say) you can fix all the problems from within the democracy that we live in. This is the way change happens in a democracy.

Violence in the streets is called anarchy. Violence in the streets is the way Hitler and Mussonlini came to power. Ask a few war veterans about violence in the streets as a solution to problems.
Regards,
Dave.
Awwww it's so cute. A guy who actually thinks his vote matters in this country. *tear*
Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by insurgus View Post
Awwww it's so cute. A guy who actually thinks his vote matters in this country. *tear*
LOL yeah, the guy watched to many American patriot movies as a kid. Anyone who assumes you can run under a platform that would really shake the core of the system is dilerious. The media, schools, anything you intake as a valid source of education is ran by the government. Good luck with your sunday best outfit and your plans to change the world.

Communism/Fascism - You'll have Steak and like it
Todays system - You'll have Steak because your a freeman and all freemen eat Steak!
Old 08-22-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Take it to the street.
Democracy is about dissent and protest................

We see this manifested here oddly enough by people saying..."I didn't vote for her...."

So?
What your point?
I would have thought it was obvious.

The point is that we were here arguing for change, and making a solid case, and those who cut and ran when the media and the PC party implied there was some threat to homo-sexual rights and/or they would have to suffer the indignity of being represented by someone who believes in God, are the ones to blame.

Government can never be fixed as long as we have voters who topple over at the first puff of a Politically Correct Wind.

Why do I blame them? Because they are guilty. Pretty simple.

I have a question of my own. Where's their apology? They made this mess just months ago (I believe you were one of them) and now it's a "we" problem? Nope. It's your problem.

You broke it, you own it.

Either that, or celebrate the gain in your precious homo-sexual rights and freedom from religion and quit complaining yourself. If that's all that was important to those people a few months ago, that's all that is important to them now.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:11 AM

While I was saying this very thing to a coworker last week, I have my doubts that "the people" know what they're doing.

Some of you have pointed out that social assistance programs are becoming abused. Well unfortunately if people stormed the capital we'd end up with more of that, not less.

The people as a government would most likely cut military spending more than it already is and potentially vote to deny rights for minorities like gays and such while rolling back alcohol and drug restrictions.

In short we still need a leader. We just need a good one.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insurgus View Post
Says the guy that doesn't have the courage to put his money where his mouth is and discover if his "platform" is shared by the MAJORITY of voters or if he is just another crank with a pipe bomb.
Regards,
Dave.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 AM

I will disagree that posting and complaining on public forums is a waste of time and energy. I never had much time for politics when I joined this forum, but the debate and the sometimes nasty stuff on here can causes people to really think about the world through others eyes. Up until this forum I had never been exposed to oil and gas workers, although I had lived in Alberta my entire life. A different prespective on things always makes me think, and although we may not agree on everything, it's different "hearing" what a group believes and actually meeting the passion of the people that believe it. For me it's a win situation.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I will disagree that posting and complaining on public forums is a waste of time and energy. I never had much time for politics when I joined this forum, but the debate and the sometimes nasty stuff on here can causes people to really think about the world through others eyes. Up until this forum I had never been exposed to oil and gas workers, although I had lived in Alberta my entire life. A different prespective on things always makes me think, and although we may not agree on everything, it's different "hearing" what a group believes and actually meeting the passion of the people that believe it. For me it's a win situation.
I am glad you said that.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Banned

It wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ himself was running the country. If he wanted to get elected again he would have to pander to the people that voted him in, in the first place. The problem isn't the politicians, it's the people that demand their 6 weeks holidays, free healthcare, noses wiped, kids looked after, subsidized flute players, and pointy toed dance troupes.

You can say throw your hat in the ring, but anyone that actually told the people what needed to be done to set this country straight would be laughed out of town. People's attitudes need to change before politicians will change. And frankly, that just ain't gonna happen. It's a written in stone cycle that every civilization goes through. And the funny part is I can tell everyone here to do their own research, look at history and what happens to "entitlement" civilizations and the stages they go through, and there will be 50 to 60% of the people that say: "This time it's different. We just need to get one more gov't program in place, and grow this area of the gov't spending a little more, increase the taxes on these people, and we will be alright."

I'll just add...Harper tried clamping down on gov't spending, letting his members speak their minds etc. What happened is the people blew their minds when he made a slight cut in arts funding, or if one of his members made an awkward or stupid remark the media absolutely slayed him for it.

We get the gov't we deserve. Well, we get the gov't the majority deserves, whether every individual Canadian deserves it or not.

Last edited by rugatika; 08-22-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutter87 View Post
We missed you SAS!
Old 08-22-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
It wouldn't matter if Jesus Christ himself was running the country. If he wanted to get elected again he would have to pander to the people that voted him in, in the first place. The problem isn't the politicians, it's the people that demand their 6 weeks holidays, free healthcare, noses wiped, kids looked after, subsidized flute players, and pointy toed dance troupes.

You can say throw your hat in the ring, but anyone that actually told the people what needed to be done to set this country straight would be laughed out of town. People's attitudes need to change before politicians will change. And frankly, that just ain't gonna happen. It's a written in stone cycle that every civilization goes through. And the funny part is I can tell everyone here to do their own research, look at history and what happens to "entitlement" civilizations and the stages they go through, and there will be 50 to 60% of the people that say: "This time it's different. We just need to get one more gov't program in place, and grow this area of the gov't spending a little more, increase the taxes on these people, and we will be alright."
Agreed.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I believe that this is called a Democracy. You know, where the majority rules. If the majority of the people want 6 weeks vacation, free healthcare etc then that is how the Democracy will vote and that is the government that will be formed.

It is odd how everyone believes that 10 votes beats 9 votes unless they happen to be one of the 9 votes.

And to quote Dilbert "Correlation does not necessarily mean Causation." If you look at history long enough you will see that ALL civilizations come to an end.
Regards,
Dave.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:

I'll just add...Harper tried clamping down on gov't spending, letting his members speak their minds etc. What happened is the people blew their minds when he made a slight cut in arts funding, or if one of his members made an awkward or stupid remark the media absolutely slayed him for it.

We get the gov't we deserve. Well, we get the gov't the majority deserves, whether every individual Canadian deserves it or not.
You are right! It's the main plan of the new world order! I