Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned

I never met a pit bull I didn't like or one that wasn't friendly but I've met a few owners that weren't worthy of their dogs.

I'm not saying that I've never run into a mutt that was born mean either...its just that as a rule... this is a 100% owner related problem.

Its not the tools folks... its the guy wielding them.
Problem is once folks train their dogs that way... you can't really undo the damage.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Historically maybe....but now in the days of drugs, gangs and organized crime sadly the "pitbull" is being bred and trained to rip people's faces off....don't kid yourself. Historically no the pitbull was not bred, raised and trained for this......BUT some people today are breeding, raising and training them for this....

Like you said these dogs were trained for this.....if thats is all they know then they should be destroyed along with the owners and the ones who trained them for this...

LC
x2
Old 08-24-2012, 09:54 PM
Banned

get those drug doggies
Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Banned

Old thread, but Rita Phillip was sentenced to 4 years for the attack.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...iend-1.3003692
Old 04-30-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdoctor View Post
Old thread, but Rita Phillip was sentenced to 4 years for the attack.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...iend-1.3003692
the conviction was good, the sentence not so much, I wonder what the sentence would have been if she used a hammer to inflict the same level of injuries
Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Farmer View Post
the conviction was good, the sentence not so much, I wonder what the sentence would have been if she used a hammer to inflict the same level of injuries
X2 The sentence seems awfully light for messing up another as she did.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-30-2015, 10:47 AM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Standard or toy?

I've been bit by several chihuahua's and they can be tenacious, however they are not impervious to pain, nor are they bred for jaw strength. Most of all, they can't tear a person limb from limb.
When I was a kid, we had a standard poodle that we had to have put down because he attacked two different people. This was back in the 70's in a small farming town where everybody let their dogs roam pretty free. The first time no physical damage to his person occurred with just his clothes getting torn. The guy was a known drunken @$$ho!e and he was seen to be kicking the dog so we kind of brushed that one off, but the second time he just went after a fellow and gave him a bunch off stitches.

Every dog breeds nature is protective and can also randomly attack. The thing is when it happens with pitbulls, the damage can will potentially be a lot greater than with a little toy breed. Also, sadly because of their obvious physical traits, pitbulls are frequently used as the weapons they can be by the those people that want that.